War Stats - Knightfall

Guest Frawley

1 minute ago, Hodor said:

This is one of the purest threads in Orbis history. Well done.

Everyone's too in awe over the gorgeous war stats website to make it anything else :D

• Upvote 3

BrOQBND.jpg

5 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

Shush you! 7mil before I overtake you! Onwards to 1bil :D (Also the number of targets I've passed over to ya'll at the cost of my own stats. Damn, being in government sucks >_> )

No overtaking pls let me have my moment of glory :3 

Oh, so THAT'S where all the API lag is coming from :v

Well worth it though, this is an astonishingly professional compilation of data. Excellent work!

Question, though; what's up with the 48 or so guys that have defenses logged but zero net damage...?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
curious numbers
  • Upvote 1

vhtw0Uv.gif

12 hours ago, Frawley said:

Methodology:

This tool tracks every single attack made in the game, it tracks the infra prior too, and immediately after attacks, it tracks how much infra every single one of a nations cities has prior to a beige.  It uses the daily average traded resource price (outliers excluded: e.g. 1 Food for 1,000,000) for all loot calculations, resource use costs, and rebuys.

y not monthly average?
where do deleted alliances+nations go?
can we have beige(victory)+expire+defeat/deletion/vm after a round(or 2) lists?
net unit ... mostly cause headmath is slight amounts of effort
how much effort is it to split attack and defense into immense moderate phyrric and failure (and missle and nuke hit/miss i guess)?

rawr

Edited by katashimon13
rawr
  • Upvote 2

You need money

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

Guest Frawley
15 hours ago, CitrusK said:

This is too good. NPO, how many of your members did it take to make this? Have you been working on it this entire time? 

Hi CitrusK,

Just LoD and I, you can thank LoD entirely for the website though, I just did data gathering and maths.

14 hours ago, Blink said:

Wow this is incredible, excellent work! 

This should be used for all future wars if the creator is happy for it to be shared.

As it is built it will be relatively easy to use this for wars going forward, alliances will be welcome to ask us about loading up particular scenarios once we finish our administration module (currently I add war sides in the database)

9 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Can someone please add my little alliance ?Sphinx isnt even important and you added his ?

P.S. I should raid you for being added before me @Sphinx :v 

Added

8 hours ago, Akuryo said:

*looks at the wiki for past great war damages numbers.*
*Looks at stats*
*Looks back at wiki*
*Looks at stats again*
OOF

Yeah, I'd suggest that all the prior wars massively underestimated the total cost of the war.

6 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Oh, so THAT'S where all the API lag is coming from :v

Well worth it though, this is an astonishingly professional compilation of data. Excellent work!

Question, though; what's up with the 48 or so guys that have defenses logged but zero net damage...?

Sorry, it looks like we missed a coalesce or two for nations who have been attacked but have not actually attacked back.  Defences mounted is basically what you lose when someone runs a attack on you.

4 hours ago, katashimon13 said:

y not monthly average?
where do deleted alliances+nations go?
can we have beige(victory)+expire+defeat/deletion/vm after a round(or 2) lists?
net unit ... mostly cause headmath is slight amounts of effort
how much effort is it to split attack and defense into immense moderate phyrric and failure (and missle and nuke hit/miss i guess)?

rawr

I figured daily was more dynamic.  We are looking into testing a variety of different pricing scenario's down the track to see what the numbers look like, but most of that will have to wait until the weekend.

Deleted Nations/Alliances should show up in the data, if you have an example though I can test it internally.

We might be able to add net units, however the page is fairly clustered as is.  If you copy the table into a gsheet or excel though, you can do it yourself pretty quickly.

Given how clustered the pages are, probably better to wait until our leaderboards are done, and we can look about a victory type leaderboard.

Just one request, actually- can we have city counts attached with our nation names, and perhaps statistics on average damage caused/taken per city owned? It'd show more info on who the best fighters are, as opposed to merely who has the largest city counts.

Le1AjCa.png

Guest Frawley
1 minute ago, Avakael said:

Just one request, actually- can we have city counts attached with our nation names, and perhaps statistics on average damage caused/taken per city owned? It'd show more info on who the best fighters are, as opposed to merely who has the largest city counts.

We will have a think about a page for this.

Guest Frawley
21 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

wait wat if u did daily updates but it used the last months average?

or just have a drop down to select how the resources are calculated

stop me wen ive gone too far

rawr

All of that is nice, but due to the fact that we have 110,000 attacks logged, doing a sumproduct across every resource (11) and every column that references them (34), and then joining with war sides, nations, alliances etc and summing would be incredibly server crippling.  Even with quite optimized queries, we have to pre-calculate a lot of values to keep the site quick.

Updates are intended to be every 30 minutes as soon as we get the leaderboards working.

Edited by Frawley

23 hours ago, Blitz said:

thats just awesome. highly useful. thanks guys 

even while receiving a lot of damage, TKR didnt put the sword down. :dab:

I demand TKR is annihilated for dabbing! :P

And \o/ @Lord of Darkness and @Frawley.

I solemnly swear Lord of Darkness is up to no good.

7 hours ago, Frawley said:

We will have a think about a page for this.

Maybe not per city count because doesen't make much sense being the best at 38 cities when there's only you at 38 cities, but a leaderboard for tiers would be cool, like most soldiers killed between players with 17 to 20 cities, most air destroyed between players with 21 to 24 cities, etc.