The True The Vanguard Declaration of Neutrality

Sketchy

4 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Alright, but it's not really a matter of lacking 'foresight' when our little bloc's history started with what was left after the TJest raids, followed up right afterwards by being drained in the Ayyslamic, then directly afterwards fighting past the point of depletion in the 69 day war. That's more a matter of 'not being pixelhuggers in any possible sense'.

I suppose there is a certain 'foresight' to having the benefits of an unprecedented length of peace before getting rolled so you've got the resources stashed away to recover, so at least you've got that going for you. Not sure how that makes us the pixelhuggers though :v

Lastly, you didn't answer my question: What even is your problem with the situation?

You SHOULD have beat IQ, but you didn't. That's not helping your case.

You could have peaced out at any time. Fighting while you don't have the resources to inflict any kind of damage seems hilariously futile.

Edit:

My gripe with it is, the reason I am at war with TKR, is for the very thing TGH is doing to TRF. 

Edited by James II

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Fark currently has one active war, I'm excited to see if they counter blitz...this could be the first ever 3 way

Edit: WTF at impressive active war count of 4. They're probably too busy to join in against "real" vanguard 

Edited by 8mrgrim8
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, 8mrgrim8 said:

Fark currently has one active war, I'm excited to see if they counter blitz...this could be the first ever 3 way

Edit: WTF at impressive active war count of 4. They're probably too busy to join in against "real" vanguard 

Fark would be smart to stay out of it.

36 minutes ago, James II said:

You SHOULD have beat IQ, but you didn't. That's not helping your case.

You could have peaced out at any time. Fighting while you don't have the resources to inflict any kind of damage seems hilariously futile.

Edit:

My gripe with it is, the reason I am at war with TKR, is for the very thing TGH is doing to TRF. 

1. The Ayyslamic crusade lasted an awful long time and while sure, we really should have spent another several months to cement an actual and unarguable victory, the point I'm making here is that resources were spent and reserves were deeply impacted where they existed at all.

2. We could have surrendered at any time, yes. However, guerilla tactics allow even depleted alliances to fight fairly efficiently, and we had a point to make. Which I would argue we did. It's a shame that was lost on you, but the relevant thing I'm saying here is that resources were spent and reserves were deeply impacted where they existed at all.

3. Hey, we've got a seriously solid CB and plenty of IC historical reasons to roll TRF. Nuke Bloc never used OOC reasons and privileged admin information as the pretext for rolling TKR in a preposterously lopsided dogpile, so the situations aren't remotely comparable. What TKR did to you was a mass raid, what we're doing to TRF is basically vengeance. (And a mass raid too, of course. :awesome:)

1 hour ago, Ryan1 said:

Should the wiki people count this as part of the Global War or as its own thing?

This is definitely it's own thing; nobody on either side is directly involved in the main global war. There's some ghosts, admittedly (like, really admittedly. Buor almost seems to be advertising the fact, lol) but there's no meaningful overlap, so it's a separate war. Sort of like how the Ayyslamic Crusade and S.A.L.T were concurrent but unrelated wars.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
grammar changed meaning badly
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

You mean the same thing you're doing to TKR and Friends right now (Not that I'm complaining, but I wanted to point out the hypocrisy of your e-White Knighting here)?  Then come at us.  Our leadership and members have their reasons to hit TRF, this predates even beyond when the OOC stuff started happening.  TRF has been on the list to get hit for the longest time, we're simply scratching it off now.

Are we being opportunistic with this?  Yes.  Is this contradictory to what I've criticized others before?  Yes.   Do I care?  No.  At least not in this case.

And quite frankly, after the war ended with TKR and Friends, some more information came out which made me agree to this assignment when the leadership core presented the idea.

You can continue being a !@#$ about it though.  They aided TKR and came at us from an opportunistic angle, and we're simply returning the favor.  Do remember they bailed on your allies too.  Puts you in a odd situation, doesn't it?

My point. And no, we didn't take advantage of TKR's allies beign at war, we gave them the benefit of having them to meaningfully participate, in the manner you have. I have no doubt you've only succeeded in perpetuating the cycle. you haven't done yourself any favors with this.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

4 minutes ago, James II said:

My point. And no, we didn't take advantage of TKR's allies beign at war, we gave them the benefit of having them to meaningfully participate, in the manner you have. I have no doubt you've only succeeded in perpetuating the cycle. you haven't done yourself any favors with this.

Your opinion doesn't bother me at all.  We have our reasons, you have yours in your situation.

If you want to help them, then please step up to what you preach.  I'm sure your current coalition will be happy to see more slots open up from CoA's absence.

In fact, bring WTF and Fark with you too.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's a nice day for a whiiiiite rolllliiiiing.....

Ugh, and on the first day of my period, too. At least I'll remember the date for sure this time!

2 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Its not our fault all of TRF's allies dropped them.

All? This^^ is inaccurate. We dropped TCW and Guardian opted to NOT renew our ODP. Before the lies start flying, I just want that noted for posterity. Not that you'll care because you'll go on with your own narrative and that's fine. For anyone that cares about THE TRUTH...that's what it is.

Get your jollies out, boys. Have fun out there xo

Edited by Queen Jane
edit because Guardian broke up with us
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 15

2 minutes ago, Queen Jane said:

Ugh, and on the first day of my period, too. At least I'll remember the date for sure this time!

All? This^^ is inaccurate. We dropped TCW and Guardian opted to renew our ODP. Before the lies start flying, I just want that noted for posterity. Not that you'll care because you'll go on with your own narrative and that's fine. For anyone that cares about THE TRUTH...that's what it is.

$50,000,000 that this isn't the first day of your period and you just wanted to say this.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

4 minutes ago, Queen Jane said:

All? This^^ is inaccurate. We dropped TCW and Guardian opted to renew our ODP. Before the lies start flying, I just want that noted for posterity. Not that you'll care because you'll go on with your own narrative and that's fine. For anyone that cares about THE TRUTH...that's what it is.

m.png

No one cares or wants to hear about your OOC problems.

• Like 1

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

7 minutes ago, Queen Jane said:

While I find this amusing, but I'm also curious - do you try to remember all your start dates?  That's a...  interesting quirk about you if so.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

I know.

I was just baiting you into admitting you bailed on your allies to avoid getting rolled but are getting rolled anyway.

GGNORE

It's almost like Ms. Jane is...

YES.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

12 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

I know.

I was just baiting you into admitting you bailed on your allies to avoid getting rolled but are getting rolled anyway.

GGNORE

Bailed? No. We informed them shortly after the last war. We didn't know they were getting rolled until we found out Felkey VM'd.

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

While I find this amusing, but I'm also curious - do you try to remember all your start dates?  That's a...  interesting quirk about you if so.

Yes, a lot of women do. Whenever you go to the doctor they ask you and I can never remember #themoreyouknow

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Queen Jane said:

Bailed? No. We informed them shortly after the last war. We didn't know they were getting rolled until we found out Felkey VM'd.

You talking about when they dropped you?

settradirect.png

Four things can happen now.

One: IQ moves to directly counter TGH-bloc, diverting pressure from TKR.-bloc. Syndisphere !@#$es, with varying outcomes.

Two: Vanguard is deployed to counter TGH. They have about the same cities, TGH-bloc is probably more competent as a group of fighters, and TGH-bloc has a slight tiering advantage over Vanguard. Some core IQ assistance is required

Three: IQ does nothing, rolls TGH-bloc post-war, not unlike what happened with TEst's hit on Pantheon with EMC's counter.

Four: No one cares. TRF has Rey.

@Other posters: anyone up for the Three Socks War?

Edited by Inst

15 minutes ago, Inst said:

Four things can happen now.

One: IQ moves to directly counter TGH-bloc, diverting pressure from TKR.-bloc. Syndisphere !@#$es, with varying outcomes.

Two: Vanguard is deployed to counter TGH. They have about the same cities, TGH-bloc is probably more competent as a group of fighters, and TGH-bloc has a slight tiering advantage over Vanguard. Some core IQ assistance is required

Three: IQ does nothing, rolls TGH-bloc post-war, not unlike what happened with TEst's hit on Pantheon with EMC's counter.

Four: No one cares. TRF has Rey.

@Other posters: anyone up for the Three Socks War?

What makes you think literally any of those but the last one would happen...?
If anything, it's more likely Fark/WTF would pull off the TKR war to hit TGH/KT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1