Blatantly Self-Serving War suggestion

Sweeeeet Ronny D

Haha, destroying insane amounts of infrastructure isn't enough? getting 14 resistance points knocked off each immense victory isn't enough? I see your side doing quite well countering planes, you just buy more tanks to sacrifice to distract them from destroying your ships.

It was kinda shitty how I got attacked by people with a 7 city advantage tbh and I stood no chance. 

Edited by Clarke
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

Salt... salt everywhere.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

My suggestion is that you can target a specific military improvement with navy, and for sacrificing a significant amount of infra damage that you would normally do, you are guaranteed to kill said military improvement.  I was just thinking that there needs to be some way to counter a max plane strat, and if you can specifically target Hangers, it will force people to not just dump everything and hold only planes, or at least makes the all plane strat much more risky.  You could even make it so that if you target a military improvement and win, you don't get the blockade, just the improvement destruction.

As for decreasing missile/nuke utility, Missiles/nukes are generally a losers weapon and are only used when a person is out of other options. 

Zues do you want to join the SRD fanclub?  You seem to follow me around where ever I go.  Shoot pres (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=6493) a message he is the founder and president of the club, i think you even get a grumpy pin for joining (please wait 6-8 weeks for delivery tho!)

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D
Zues, my lil buddy!
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

brb Im making a thread asking if nukes can target power plants. Not pretending its anything but self serving tho

• Upvote 6

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

15 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

My suggestion is that you can target a specific military improvement with navy, and for sacrificing a significant amount of infra damage that you would normally do, you are guaranteed to kill said military improvement.  I was just thinking that there needs to be some way to counter a max plane strat, and if you can specifically target Hangers, it will force people to not just dump everything and hold only planes, or at least makes the all plane strat much more risky.  You could even make it so that if you target a military improvement and win, you don't get the blockade, just the improvement destruction.

As for decreasing missile/nuke utility, Missiles/nukes are generally a losers weapon and are only used when a person is out of other options. 

Zues do you want to join the SRD fanclub?  You seem to follow me around where ever I go.  Shoot pres (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=6493) a message he is the founder and president of the club, i think you even get a grumpy pin for joining (please wait 6-8 weeks for delivery tho!)

It's all good. I'll send you a different type of message once that whale score gets deflated a bit!! Thanks for the suggestion tho.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

frick sake, just USE A MISSILE. Then you get lower infrastructure damage, targetted improvement, guaranteed improvement destruction, JUST LIKE YOU WANT.

It actually DOES counter the 'max planes' strat, since you just need to run zero aircraft and instead focus purely navy and/or tanks, take a ton of damage, and beige them before they even have a chance to wear down your cancerous steel blobs. This works best when you have more cities than your opponents... which, look at that. You do.

But here's a suggestion: Allow missiles to target nuclear power plants. I'm totally not pretending it's anything other than self-serving though :v

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

I honestly like this idea.  Give Naval attacks the ability to target what improvements to aim for, similar to Missiles.  They'll still have that "lower chance", but the ability to target an Improvement area would make Naval much more brutal and useful during a war.

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I honestly like this idea.  Give Naval attacks the ability to target what improvements to aim for, similar to Missiles.  They'll still have that "lower chance", but the ability to target an Improvement area would make Naval much more brutal and useful during a war.

the more I think about it, why not give ground attacks the same option.

13 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Not opposed to that either.  Keep the same current base chances of destroying improvements for each of them, but allow them to focus in certain areas of improvements like Missiles.

Edited by Buorhann

22 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

9 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Not opposed to that either.  Keep the same current base chances of destroying improvements for each of them, but allow them to focus in certain areas of improvements like Missiles.

Well, why not give air attacks the same option then?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Exactly.  Air is too overpowered as it is, and has never been nerfed or balanced out.  Whereas Ground/Naval need to be updated to be on par with Air.  Naval is "ok", but Ground desperately needs something (Especially Tanks).

9 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Because air attacks are the only unit that can destroy air ground and navy. 

Missiles can do that too; and if your suggestion goes through then so could ground and navy by virtue of improvement destruction.

Just use missiles already, they do what you've suggested. Run extremely heavy tanks and navy and just don't bother with aircraft at all, and you can rush-down your opponents easy. Until you get zeroed, at which point you can still doublebuy tanks soldiers and navy and wafflestomp your opponents anyway, 'cos you're a friggin whale.

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Exactly.  Air is too overpowered as it is, and has never been nerfed or balanced out.  Whereas Ground/Naval need to be updated to be on par with Air.  Naval is "ok", but Ground desperately needs something (Especially Tanks).

I've said this before, but people seriously overestimate aircraft. They're very useful for dogpiles, but they're not the be-all and end-all of military forever.

Look, how about this: Ground/navy can be targetted towards specific improvements, but at the cost of 5% less chance of actually destroying any improvement. Or it does half infrastructure damage, or costs an extra action point, or something.

tl;dr: don't obsolete muh missiles ?

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

12 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

tl;dr: don't obsolete muh missiles ?

They will never be obsolete.  They're at a nice spot.  Guaranteed improvement destruction at a cheap price.

Whereas allowing Ground/Naval to focus their attacks in certain areas will make everybody take all of their military seriously, not just specialize in one area.

Ground has a base 10% chance and Naval has a base 15% chance.  Doesn't mean it'll happen every time (Unless their opponent is on Pirate and you're on Tactician, then that's going to hurt).

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

They will never be obsolete.  They're at a nice spot.  Guaranteed improvement destruction at a cheap price.

Whereas allowing Ground/Naval to focus their attacks in certain areas will make everybody take all of their military seriously, not just specialize in one area.

Ground has a base 10% chance and Naval has a base 15% chance.  Doesn't mean it'll happen every time (Unless their opponent is on Pirate and you're on Tactician, then that's going to hurt).

...Alright, yeah, I suppose that's a fair point. I'd still like to see infrastructure damage nerfed in exchange for focusing on improvement categories though.

17 minutes ago, Inst said:

Ironically, upgrading navy like that just makes air even more overpowered, because air is the only thing that can effectively counter navy once you lose naval control.

Not necessarily.  You can't make Air even more overpowered.  The only counter Air has, is Air itself.  They can already "counter navy" as it is.

I'm ok to add more options to make the game more fun but not in that way

For ground and navy if IT happens (random numbers to give the idea)

-Basic: infra damage, normal loot, normal chance to destroy improvements 

-Infra (only for ships): higher infra damage and no improvements destroyed

-Money (only for ground): no improvements destroyed, little infra damage, higher loot

-Other units: little infra damage, no money, no improvements destroyed, can target another unit like air but not so devastating and based on units count, for example IT with 15 ships kills 5 aircrafts while IT with 150 ships kills 50 aircrafts, needs at least 3 ships to use this option, for ground attacks same thing based on tanks count, unable to activate even if you have max soldiers but no tanks or under the minimum number of tanks to activate

-Improvements: little infra damage, no loot, double the chance to destroy improvements 

-Specific on improvements: no infra damage, no loot, very high chance to destroy a specific category (commercial, military, etc. excluding power plants), way less units killed, for example 200 ships on 50 ships kills only 15 ships with this option

And also

-add to missiles the ability to target power plants but with low chance of success so you can be sure to destroy improvements or try to be lucky and target power plants

-give the choice to do a normal nuclear attack like now or do a nuclear attack without destroy improvements but with more infra damage (+10% maybe) if the type of war is raid or ordinary

-reduce the cost of tanks to 0.5 steel per tank

-reduce the number of tanks destroyed by airstrikes

-reduce the nubers of units destroyed in every attack to avoid having 5 days wars with 1-2 days of fighting and 3-4 days of bored players waiting for the expiration (but I'm not sure this can be a good idea :D)

-make harder to get ground/air control with the first attack, still possible with a huge difference on units but harder than normal

-add the ability to target a little % of some resources just like airstrikes can destroy money so when you target a warchest of 20k ammo you can destroy like 200 ammo, but when you target a nation that is hidding the bank with 500k ammo you can destroy 5k ammo every attack, this should discourage bank hidding

10 hours ago, Buorhann said:

If this change goes through, I would like to suggest Air be able to do blockades. They can do them in real life and it would keep the weapons types in balance.

• Upvote 1

GICjEwp.gif