Defensive Expansion

Spectral

"The collective has come to a consensus that it's security is at risk. We believe this, because we lack a credible information gathering network around our territories. As such, the Wizard King has ordered the subjugation of certain islands to begin immediately. The purpose of this mission is to establish Over the Horizon radar stations, undersea listening posts, and airfields around critical travel ways. We will utilize these installations to monitor any significant movement by any martial force. To reinforce this intelligence network, we will begin work on replicating satellites used by other nations.Any questions?" The chairmen of defense directed towards the room.

"Sir, should we really be expanding our territory right now, with a terrorist syndicate still operating in our own territory? Surely, they should be the focus of our efforts for the time being?" An officer in the crowd inquired. 

"You raise a fair point; but answer me this: Which group has a larger pool of resources? A terrorist group that has been under increasing pressure and multiple raids, or a nation state living in peace and operating with impunity? The terrorists will not be eliminated as a threat, nor will we allow them to act without reprisal. However, neither front will eat up the resources needed to accomplish our goals.the regimes we intend to overthrow are weak. The only regime with any weight is Sri Lanka, with a population of 21 million. Of which, only 23,000 are soldiers. They have no modernized equipment, and no allies." The chairmen of defense chided the officer.

"When do we begin?" Another, much older, officer asked.

"We have already dispatched a citadel to Iwo Jima, Kiribati, and St Matthews Island. Only one of the islands, iwo jima, is populated. A base will be established at each island, and the population on iwo jima will be offered passage to another place, or to continue living on the island, under the Collective's rule. The operation to capture Sri Lanka, will begin within a month." The chairmen of Defense instructed.

"And I have ordered 4 of the Magic Knight Captains to deploy their squads with 2 battalions of knights. The overall initial landing deployment will equate to 10,000 knights, 4 citadels, 80 Type 12s, 4 viper bombers, 12 R12s, 250 MFV42 MBTs, and 460 PUMAs. The forces will use the citadels in conjunction with the aircraft, to barrage the coastal defenses. Once the area target area is softened, the armored units will be deployed, followed by the knights. The battalions will capture Botticaloa, and then diverge towards two separate targets; the first will march north, and secure Trincomalee, and its surrounding towns, while the other battalion will march south, and capture uva and it's surrounding towns. When we have effectively eliminated potential resistance, both groups are to march towards the center of the island nation, and capture the capital of Kandy. Understood?" The Wizard King announced, seemingly appearing out of thin air.

"Yes, my lord!" Came a wave of voices, as the officers of the crowd saluted to their ruler...

.:Classified:.

"So,is the weapon prepared?" The wizard king asked the chairmen of defense, as they stood alone in the king's office.

"Yes, sir. It will become obvious to the outsiders of the world that this was our doing, though, my lord. Is that an acceptable issue?" He asked in response.

"We've battled the Southern Asian Republic for 4 decades, capturing much of what use to be referred to the province of Indonesia. They did not intervene then, they will not do so now. Once the dead begin rising from their graves in mass, we will launch our attack. Much of their force will be quelling the undead in the western population zones. They will not be able to stop us. The more that died, the more weapons we have to use against them. If we must retreat, ensure they do not survive, Chairman." The King told him sternly.

"Very well, my lord" He'd say as he exited the room.

• Upvote 2

*Classified. Meeting held in the newly constructed White House*

S1N_Kamala_2624.jpg

"General, what is the situation?" The President asks, questioning why she was summoned to the Situation room, feeling slightly tired at the early hour of 3am. The General who summoned the meeting stands up quietly, while the President and the rest of the Military staff sit idly by waiting to be informed and states "Our satellites have detected unusual movements near Ski Lanka, madam President. Ski Lanka is a low level trade partner with no military agreement, however we do have Americans there on business. If the reports I am getting, this may indicate a possible attack on the island, however the workers who handle administration of our trades with the country haven't reported any unusual activity." 

The general walks over to a screen and aims a remote to show the satellite images taken of this unusual anomaly never seen before by the Allied States government and shows an estimation when they would arrive to the island of Ski Lanka. The General continues on, "I suggest extracting our citizens out before any potential threat hits the island. The Secretary of State has already ordered the embassy to be prepared to leave at a moments notice, i suggest we make the order for the embassy to vacate and extract our citizens immediately, ma'am. I can have 5 squads ready in the hour and extract our citizens, just need your orders."

The President looks at the images shown on the screen and looks at the CIA Director, "How sure are we this thing is real? Is there a chance our satellite is malfunctioning?" turning her head to the CIA Director and the NASA Director.

"Ma'am, there is a 50% chance that the satellite has been compromised during the time of of the fall of the United States and the creation of the Allied States and the re-connection of the U.S Satellite system. During re-connection of the systems and integrating them into the new servers could of caused computing conflicts, causing errors, but even then, it wouldn't explain the images unless someone hacked into them and forced it to add this anomaly into the images taken," the NASA director states with the CIA Director seemingly nodding in agreement with NASA's statement.

The president rubs her forehead and looks at the staff and states, "Until we get confirmation, I am not pulling our citizens out of a country, I want the Allied States 1st Pacific Fleet to patrol the trade route from Ski Lanka to Hawaii, keeping them relatively close to Ski Lanka in case we need to pull our citizens out of the country, and inform the Ski Lanka government we are running tests. I dont want this getting out, because if it does, we could be seen crazy. As far as the world needs to know, its routine maintenance and testing of the fleets ability to traverse from Hawaii to Ski Lanka to guard the shipping lane."

"Yes Madam President, the 1st Pacific Fleet will be moved at the outskirt of Ski Lanka, ensuring they stay in International Waters."

PoJQyFJ.gif

In a Citadel in low orbit;

"Alright, we will deploy 11 liches into the territory using basic teleportation. The liches have been given enchanted rings to make them appear as normal humans, allowing them greater maneuverability. These enchantments will permit them to alter their appearance once per day, should they be suspected. Their orders are to raise a force of undead large enough to ravage the civilian population.As the dead kill more people, they will expand their numbers. The objective is to force the Sri Lankan forces to engage a majority of their forces in the western territories, allowing us an easier invasion of the east. I will be deploying the 3rd Magic Knights Squad, the Striking Panthers, to degrade the command structure of the Sri Lankan government during the process of this assault. What I need you to do, is provide support for evacs and redeployments. You are our warp magic users, and will be vital to our missions success. Any questions?" The Citadel Commander asked them. The response was a resolute silence, as they shuffled into their positions.

In the Sri Lankan Provincial capital ;Kandy

"We've noticed an increased military presence in the area from the Collective.I would strongly recommend we strike them first, before they can launch the initial engagement." One of the governors from the eastern provinces declared to the crowd.

"We, as a nation, do not possess a sizable army; nor a particularly capable one. If they attack us, the world would condemn them. It would be possible, then, that we could petition for global intervention. For now, recklessly attacking a potential adversary with no credible intelligence, is being an aggressor. Their military is not technically violating ours, and they have a history of disputes with the Southern Asian Republic." Another man declared blankly.

"He raises a fair point. We have no information, and limited offensive capabilities. I would encourage patience and prudence, over rashly acting out of fear. If they intend to attack us, there will be preludes to such an event." Another man would chime in, still seated.

The discussion would drag on for several hours, before news footage would be released; The footage would show the carnage of the city of Colombo's streets, as regular citizens appeared to be viciously attacking others. "The footage we're showing you now is just what we've been able to catch on film. It's been turned into a veritable warzone out here, with everyday people killing and seemingly infecting others. It all started about 3 hours ago, where local authorities say some kinda of plague originating from rats, infected a group of homeless. Since then, what was an estimated 230 infected has climbed to 1,457, and the total dead is tallied at over 2,000. These events have been replicated in 2 other cities, although the exact scale of the damage is unknown. Authorities stress that you should stay in your homes, while local law enforcement raises militias to deal with the infected. We strongly encourage everyone to barricade themselves in their home and keep the news on to stay updated. Authorities are assuring us that they're getting the situation under control." 

The group congregating in the room went eerily quiet, as they watched their cities descend into chaos and flame...

The military buildup to the north of their recently acquired territories did not go unnoticed and the corporation began to observe the surrounding areas, keeping a lengthy distance to ensure the opposing forces were aware of their fleet in the region, but not acting as a direct threat. Perhaps some sparks would fly, or perhaps it would prove to be another boring day in the life.

*Inside the Situation Room*

"Madam President, we have a situation on the western coast of the Ski Lanka, it seems an unknown outbreak has hit the western coast, and our citizens inside the western zone have sent a distress signal, they seem to be holed up 2 blocks away from extraction zone before being overrun and hid in a home, trying to hold out," The General stated, showing video footage caught from the Companies Security guards video feed and continues on "I dont see a way to save them, it'll take 45minutes to an hour to arrive, and by then, they would be overrun from the infected. However, keep an eye on the western side of Ski Lanka, we still have citizens there and with a outbreak going on, we cannot allow them to leave until the outbreak is contained. If they become under attack, or see any signs of infection, send a team in to evacuate them and taken to an isolated island to be quarantined for further testing."

"We do not leave our citizens to die without trying to help, General. They are American citizens and entitled to the benefits of our protection, I want a team to attempt a rescue, if we do not arrive on time, we still have an opportunity to capture a test subject of the infected, I also want the Allied States Embassy vacated and returned back home. Luckily the embassy is on the East coast, but we need to get them out, I doubt the Ski Lanka's military will be able to contain this outbreak and I am not wasting resources on a minor trading partner," the President states, and then walks out of the situation room to walk into the Press Room. She stands at the podium and starts a press release:

Dear Americans and citizens around the globe who may be watching this, Today, I have closed and extracted our ambassador and diplomatic staff in Ski Lanka today due to an outbreak. We do not have enough data to identify the outbreak but the Ski Lanka government has assured us they are handling the situation at home and hopefully we will be able to send back our staff to reopen communications directly from Ski Lanka. Of course the Ski Lanka embassy in Cheyenne is still open, however they have been silent due to this outbreak shutting down Ski Lanka's foreign affairs department. I am also forbidding travel to and from Ski Lanka indefinitely. I apologize to any citizens who have family and friends in Ski Lanka, but due to these circumstances we must forbid travel and trade immediately. Any trade ships that attempt to leave Ski Lanka's Maritime boundary will be stopped by the Allied States Navy and asked to return to Ski Lanka, this includes the Ski Lanka's Coastal Guard. We cannot allow a potential hazardous outbreak escape their borders, and we reserve the right to launch aggressive actions on Ski Lanka if they attempt to break the Quarantine. We must ensure the safety of the majority over the minority, and only thing we can do is pray for a swift recovery. God have mercy on the souls trapped on Ski Lanka during this crises. God Bless the Allied States, god bless you!

-President Kamala Harris

*Western Coast of Ski Lanka, the City of batticaloa*

*classified, but enough in

Two Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawks were arriving to the distress signal, signs of rioting and chaos are seen at the street of the building the dock workers took shelter in to escape. The street is filled with bodies, sounds of screams and snarls are heard over the spinning of the blades and engine, estimated of at least 400 bodies were on the street, trying to attack citizens or barge into the building, and the Naval Marines are showing signs of worry, however they continue on and land on the roof, conveniently flat for a perfect landing. As they make their way to the roof's entrance, they hear a snarl behind the door, sounded so unnatural that the squad leader grabbed the soldier's hand to stop him from opening the door and shakes his head no. The squad member radios in "Command, this is Alpha Squad, extraction is a no-go, American citizens are gone, i repeat, the American citizens are gone, the building they took refuge in is compromised, infected have reached the top floor."

"This is Command, then Operation B is a go, capture an infected and return the specimen to the designated research boat. Ensure that the infected you take is fully secure," High Command ordered the squad.

"Roger that..." With that, they prepare a trap for the infected that can still be heard on the other side of the door, and then, they prepare to trap whatever is on the otherside of that door... BOOM, gunshots are heard from a block over, distracting the men and the door flies open, an infected man flies towards one of the soldiers and takes a bite out of the soldier before being shot down by the remaining of the team. The leader shuts the door again, and throws the dead body over the roof and tries to close the wound on the mans neck, but they know there is a chance the man is now infected, so they restrain him and prepare him for dropoff to the designated boat...

*Situation Room*

"Ma'am, the dock workers were too late, and we have one injured. He is in quarantine at the boat designated for field research. We suggest wiping the city off the map to contain the outbreak," The general speaks, concern is heard through his voice.

The room is quiet, a dull knife could cut the tension that filled the room, while all waited for President Kamala Harris sits there, thinking. Eventually she replies with a no, a no so stern that she is clear on her orders, then she states "No general, we do not have the authority to detonate a Nuclear device on foreign soil, enforce the blockade, do not allow any ships to leave the Ski Lanka's maritime boundaries. We cannot afford to allow this to reach major population until we have more information on this outbreak, and tell the soldier that he will be remembered, and that we appreciate his sacrifice, we all know he had direct contact with an infected person, we know he will turn, its too late for him."

"Madam President, we can't keep our navy there for long. the International community will question our authority over the quarantine," the General stated. 

"The Secretary of State will be filled in, and summoned back to Cheyenne, if any foreign governments have any concerns they can contact her, after all, she handles all diplomatic relations. It'll appear huge if I show up for diplomatic talks with the Collective, Rokkenjima or any other foreign powers in the area." The President walks out, before posting a brief Press Release of the fallen, and how we will start mourning their deaths tomorrow.

PoJQyFJ.gif

The Citadels began moving towards the island nation, positioning themselves for the initial bombardment. Thousands of conventional knights, and a large number of autonomous golems would be seen scurrying around the island. "We're going to need to invade soon, if we intend to do so under the guise of containing this potential infection. They're handling it better than we thought. I wanted to use it to sow more chaos and discord in their ranks, but they're a bit better organized than we had initially believed." The Citadel commander told a Collective Magistrate. 

"Very well, you can put the plans into motion. But, I must ask, how will you degrade their command structure? Surely that is a priority if our numerically weaker force is to prevail." The Magistrate responded, taken aback by the swift shift of events.

"It's being handled. The Captain of the Panthers is already in position, " The commander told him as he continued to walk.

The Sri Lankan regime had dispatched a total of 11,000 soldiers and 2 armored regiments towards the 3 cities under siege. An additional 8,000 soldiers have been deployed to the capital, in an effort to ensure the safety of the government. With the presence of even more troops, the undead themselves had begun to utilize ambush tactics; waiting for smaller patrols to pass by in order to attack. With the fresh deployment of troops, the command structure for the Sri Lankan military would schedule a meeting to organize a more careful response to the current events. The Magic Knight Captain awaited his prey patiently, stationing his men in their meeting spot before it was even properly determined. The strategy outlined was to wait for them to congregate at their home location, and cut the head off of the snake...

The 4 citadels would begin firing their cannons at the city; targeting known government and military locations. A flurry of 140 cruise missiles would be launched from the Citadels, though none were able to visible discern where the missiles were during their flight. The civilians would see explosions emanating from seemingly nothing, while fireballs would engulf vast sections of the city. The fire would not burn itself out; water did not work and nor did large amounts of soil. It simply continued to burn, while the Collective continued to bombard their intended targets. The fire would act as barricades, heavily limiting their movements, and funneling them in the ways that the Collective desired. This gave the Collective distinct advantage while deploying forces; allowing them to establish effective ambushes with their aerial view, which also acted to impair Sri Lanka's intelligence satellite. The sight that followed was one deeply ingrained into the citizens below; a wave of hundreds of aircraft would sortie off of the Citadels, and begin to flock towards military installations all across the island. Their targets were anti-air battlements, radar stations, weapons depots, and military outposts.

A message would go out on all bands of communication:

"We strongly encourage any and all foreign forces to vacate the island nation immediately. In an effort to contain this unknown infection, those who are infected will be purged, and the Collective will begin enforcing martial law, to ensure that infections are kept to a minimum.We do this for the safety of your people, and ours. If there are any attempt to interfere with the Collective's mission, it will be treated as an act of aggression and will be responded to in kind. If you attempt to evacuate infected, the King has given us the authority to forcibly detain you. We are here to help the world, by not permitting this plague to spread. Thank you."

A message from the Secretary of State's office

We applaud the Collective's swift actions of putting boots on the ground to assist the Ski Lanka's government in containment of this outbreak, however the American government will still enforce a blockade to prevent citizen ships from leaving Ski Lanka's borders, and will continue to do so until we have confirmation the outbreak is over, but we have no intention on placing American troops on the ground at this time. 

-Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord

*A Private message to The Collective's government*

BBJNAJ9.img?h=416&w=624&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f&x=2481&y=1057

"Hello, I am the Secretary of State, the State handles all foreign affairs policy, and due to our operations near Ski Lanka may cause conflict with your military, the President sent me to handle this situation. We got your message, but we wont leave American citizens that are still in Ski Lanka, which is the primary reason for the AS Navy enforcing a blockade to not allow civilian boats from leaving the Ski Lanka's borders. There is another reason we have interest in this, this outbreak is unusual and we have an infected soldier on our ship, quarantined away. He hasn't turned violent, but has been showing symptoms of fever, signs of internal hemorrhage, hallucinating and showing signs of paranoia, we are interested in studying the disease in hope to save this soldier who risked an evac for four AS Trade Administration officers, which unfortunately, we were too late to save. Out of the 4 citizens, only one was brought down, so that means there is 3 American citizens walking around and infecting others, while we have citizens on the west coast, watching this events unfold while being denied access to leave due to the Quarantine. I cant, nor the President, can authorize the blockade to end until this is over, as you said in your message, this plague cant be allowed to spread, and must treat everyone who is on the island as a potential infected individual, which is another reason we haven't evacuated the citizens on the west coast, which has still not shown signs of infection, but we will if we deem you or the infection will hit the West coast, we no longer have interests in the East coast besides learning more about the infection, but other than that, we already got infection samples, the only thing left is the observation how the infected operate, which doesn't help us with our infected soldier. If you want to discuss this, come meet with me, otherwise, leave our operations alone and do not touch our citizens we cant extract unless the situation becomes critical. Over and out."

*Video feed ends. Document sent to the Collective's government* 

PoJQyFJ.gif

"The only cure is death; they will never again lead a healthy life, and have the potential to turn feral at any moment, If you care for the other men on your vessels, we suggest you terminate them immediately. Your help in the form of a blockade is appreciated. It's become clear to us that the current regime in power only cares for their own power, and not the health of the world around us. As such, we've been forced to engage the primitives in combat. Until the Sri Lankan regime surrenders to the Collective, we will have no choice but to conduct a war of attrition."

Hours after military bombardment, the Collective used their Arcane Gate to create a portal down below. As they did so, a force of 3,000 Sentinels and 1,500 Magic Knights poured into various positions across the city. What remained of the besieged Government forces were scatted and disorganized, and proved to be easy pickings to the unified force rapidly capturing their most fortified positions. Smoke could be seen rising all across the city, while the dead below slowly began to rise and attack the government forces exclusively. The first target the Collective forces secured and destroyed, were the telecommunication networks, followed by military checkpoints/arsenals, government buildings, and public shelters. 

All over the island, the Collective bombers were ordered to strike the known aerial defenses, rendering the island defenseless against the ongoing assault, while the Collective fighter aircraft were ordered to destroy the 3 Sri Lankan airfields, followed by civilian telecom centers, power planters, water treatment plants, and then any and all military equipment in view of the aircraft. The intended goal of this rapid onslaught was to diminish their offensive capabilities in a single hit, and then follow through with a bloody siege that the Collective expected to take no more than 2 years.

As the Sri Lankan command filed into the bunker that would serve as their command center, many bore the looks of hopelessness. 

"We have come here today, to discuss the strategy for surviving this war. What say those here?" A man asked, shortly after everyone in the room had taken a seat.

"At this point, the only chance that the Sri Lankan nation has to to surrender to the might of the Collective. If it is done now, and not later, then the Wizard King might surely be willing to offer us some leniency? Right" A man cried out, his face contort with an insurmountable fear.

"Perhaps we could have a helpful suggestion?" The man replied, not even paying the man a second glance.

"Yes, die." Came a voice from a shadow. Angry, the crowd would turn to discern who spoke, only to find an astral projection. "You walked into this place believing it was your bunker, and thinking you were safe. You were not. An illusion was made so that you went into the door on the right, not the left. Why? Because there was no door to the right in the design of your previous building. This is a mimic. A creature that uses illusion to lure you in, and then devours you. Goodluck, my friends, in this house of horror. For even if you escape, you will find your tomb in nearly 2 miles of dirt and stone." The voice said, before the projection vanished, leaving behind a group of faces that were agape in horror..

"We cannot give up on the man who risked his life to save American citizens, we will continue to do research and attempt to find a cure, we have stabilized him so far, but without continued constant care, he will revert to having symptoms. Even if we cant save this one man, we believe we can create a vaccine of some sort. We cant lower lower his viral count, but luckily we have found a temporary fix, for now anyways. Also, I wanted to read you in on concerning information that my scientists have assured me is unnatural. We believe this outbreak was man-made, and all intelligence point towards the Ski Lanka's government. My intelligence community has found damning evidence of a research facility 5 miles away from the city that became under fire from this disease, we would like to send a team to raid this facility, and will be able to avoid your operations. If we find evidence, we will publically support you, and condemn the Ski Lanka regime, while maintaining a blockade to continue the necessary process of ensuring this outbreak does not escape, and if we do not find evidence to portray the Ski Lanka, we will further our investigation until we discover the true culprit of this outbreak. If you do not allow us entry, well, we have an agreement with Ski Lanka, and we will still enter either way. Its just a matter of who's side you want us on, the Ski Lanka regime, or yours." 

-Secretary Elizabeth McCord, head of State(FA)

Video message ends

*classified*

Congress and the President have deemed it necessary to start evacuation of the western side of the Ski Lanka island, the embassy has been closed and took off at 2:20am, Nov 7,th 2018 while 250 American citizens in the nation have been reported to meet at extraction points given to the local administrators of the Federal American Bureau of Commerce dispatched to Ski Lanka to promote AS economic interests in the region. 5 extraction points have been designated, and 5 Helicopters have been dispatched with each carrying a squad of AS Naval Marine squads to ensure the protection of the extraction sites will evacuating American citizens. Any Ski Lanka citizens found will be turned away, and the barrier to keep Ski Lanka citizens from jeopardizing the extraction operations must be held at any cost until extraction is complete.

PoJQyFJ.gif

The Sri Lankan airforce would be rendered immobile within the initial stages of the conflict, while their aerial defenses would be eliminated on the eastern section of the island. As the Collective Pilots rushed over towards the western aerial defenses, they would begin to encounter heavy resistance, and were ordered to withdraw, while missiles would be fired at the existing defenses to weaken them. Until the, the Collective airforce would continue to operate in the eastern section of the island with impunity. With the command structure for the Sri Lankan military decimated, local officers would begin taking command. While this allowed for the surviving martial forces to continue their fight, it proved to ensure a lack of a united strategic goal, opening the door for the Collective's forces to overwhelm existing forces.

With the politicians taking charge of the military command, 8,000 of the sri lankan forces deployed to the western cities were to be redeployed to protect the capital of Kandy. As the forces withdrew, the undead that had begun to be put under control, were once again overwhelming the existing forces. Lacking the manpower and resources, the soldiers remaining in the cities began a mandatory evacuation towards the outskirts of Kandy.
"If we bring the civilians to the outskirts of the capital, the government will be forced to send us troops to deal with the issue, rather than continue to ignore it." A colonel explained to his subordinates. "This is probably the only way they're going to send us the reinforcements that we need to save these people. Those too obstinate to come with us, will be left to fend for themselves. I will not continue to waste lives on people that have no regard for their own."

"Of course, sir... But what about the Collective?" A lieutenant probed the man.

"We need to focus on one threat at a time. Their entire basis for being here is to purge this infection. If we remove their reason, then they will be forced to withdraw or face the world's ire. Additionally, if we can't even protect our people, we do not deserve to have a nation" The colonel told them, a resolute expression on his face.

Meanwhile, the city of Botticaloa was officially taken over by Collective forces, with the final sri lankan soldiers having retreated, or died during the siege of the City Hall, where the last 300 Sri Lankan soldiers bunkered down. The siege for the building itself lasted for just over 31 hours, and saw the death of 21 magic knights and 12 sentinels.

• Upvote 1

*classified*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6h4jWsvdI1j0nwl5JqM6

"Madam, this is a picture of the city hall in  Botticaloa, where a battle between the Collective and Ski Lanka forces battled for an estimate of 31 hours. Their silence to our request of a raid is evident they arent here on moral grounds. I suggest executing the raid without hesitation. We gave them the option to assist, and they responded with silence. They want to bury the investigation and hope we back down, we may have to rethink our working theory, It may be the Collective instead of Ski Lanka that started this outbreak, however, evidence either way points towards a research facility right outside the city limits of Botticaloa, and I can have a team infiltrate and raid it," the general stated to the President. 

"What's the chance of being caught, general? We cannot risk the image that we are invading Ski Lanka, nor risk gaining the Collectives attention. If it is The Collective that orchestrated this outbreak, we cannot be bogged down in battle with them," the President replied, taking a drink from her coffee while taking a look at the reports in front of her. The general calmly replies with "We can stay under the Collectives radar. I have a team ready to move in as we speak, they have maintained a positioned 7 miles away from the city to observe and 2 miles away from the facility, and for extraction,  we can use the excuse of extracting an American citizens from Ski Lanka."

The President sighs and gives her permission to do so.

"Alpha Squad, you are a go, proceed with infiltration, safeties off, any non American assets in the facility are expendable," the General says through the headset.

Alpha leader replies with a swift "Yes sir, Alpha squad heading out." 

PoJQyFJ.gif

Collective forces would diverge, and begin marching towards Trincomalee, and Uva, and would be ordered to capture every village on the way. The villages themselves would fall without a fight, not having the soldiers or resources to do so. The soldiers in the villages were ordered to, upon visual confirmation of Collective troops, retreat and conduct raids on the supply lines that the Collective would need to ensure a steady fighting force. This decision was based on a misunderstanding of Collective tactics; as supplies would be flown down to stationed troops from the Citadels, preventing the soldiers from effectively disrupting them from outside the villages or cities.

The Sri Lankan Eastern Command, which had composed itself out of necessity, had begun to organize fortifications in preparation for the impending siege. As the Collective's forces arrived at Uva, the Sri Lankan forces had constructed makeshift barricades out of civilian's furniture, threw nails around the ground to pop tires, set up make shift IEDs, and had constructed a number of smoke stacks out of tires to blind helicopters and recon vehicles. Trincomalee, however, would not have time enough to prepare for the impending assault, and the Collective forces would happen upon them beginning to build the barricades. The Collective would order the bombardment of Uva, while the forces at Trincomalee would be ordered to begin assaulting the city. 

The forces in the west had begun a march of their civilian population, taking 430,000 civilians to the outskirts of the capital of Kandy, and abandoning 113,000 civilians in the undead infested cities. Upon entering the outskirts, the politicians ordered them to establish fortifications around the city, in preparation for an attack from the Collective, as the civilians would be covertly used as human shields to protect the main city. The Sri Lankan government would dispatch send a message towards the American forces conducting a blockade around their nation. The message would say:

"We humbly beg for your assisstance in repelling the hostile regime currently invading us, known as the Mage's Collective. Our meager nation sought nothing more than a peaceful existence, which this Collective has seen fit to deny us. We ask for your aide in repelling these vile cretins from our home."

:classified:

Iraq-Army-Kicks-In-Door-U.S.-Air-Force-Staff-Sgt.-Stacy-L.-Pearsall-PD-Flickr-800x579.jpg

(Allied States Marines breaching secret research facility in Ski Lanka)

"Alpha squad reporting in, we have breached the facility, two Ski Lanka military guards were posted at the entrance, they have been swiftly taken out. Entering facility now," the squad leader spoke through his radio before ordering his men to move onto the facility. The facility inside was nearly white, and the lights flickering, projected emergency generator was operating to provide power to the facility. Besides the two soldiers posted at the entrance, the entrance of the facility seemed relatively empty, no researchers, no guards, and this pattern took place on the ground floor. It seemed to be evacuated, and nothing of importance was kept on the top floor. The paperwork and computers indicated this was a Insurance office, but why would a insurance company have official soldiers posted at the doors?

"Alpha Squad reporting in, ground floor cleared, we found an entrance to underground facility, awaiting for engineer expert to override security protocols... We're in... Oh god what is that smell?" *Radio silence is heard, indicating the squad lost contact with HQ*

"Jones, move up, Johnson and Maria, follow and keep an eye out, something bad happened here," Squad Leader Harver ordered before aiming his gun to guard their rear as they move through the facility. As soon as they move on, a researcher at the end of the hall is standing there, not moving, almost unnatural, lighting was bad and the soldiers couldn't see his face. "Put your hands up and slowly walk towards us," Jones ordered before aiming his gun at the researcher, finger on the trigger. However, Jones didnt get a reply, but grows indicated something was wrong. Then suddenly, the researcher starts running towards the soldier before being executed swiftly by Maria's gunshot. "Continue on, weapons free, all targets are to be assumed infected," Alpha Squad leader screams before they start taking off, clearing rooms. after 1 hour and 32 minutes, they finally cleared the 3 floors underground. 120 personnel from the research facility killed.

The information on computers were astonishing, critical information about the outbreak, some even dated before the outbreak. Something is off, downloading all information to be sent to be analyzed.

*In the White House*

"Madam, the outbreak is hitting a critical stance. One city is completely infested, at this rate, the entire island will be infected in a matter of time, it's time to start extermination protocals. No time to await for the Collective to clear the infestation, and if you are worried about breaking border security, we can say we are under agreement with the Ski Lanka government to clear out infestations. They already asked us for assistance, granted they asked for protection against The Collective, and we have seen conflict between the two," the General states to the President.

"I will only authorize the use of Aerial attacks. The city of Badulla to be precise. 90% of the population is dead, missing or infected while the rest have been abandoned by the Ski Lanka government."

"Yes ma'am, 1st Pacific Fleet, start Aerial bombardment of city of Badulla, containment of the outbreak has been approved by the President. Authorization to use Napalm permitted only. All lifeforms in the city must go."

"Roger that general, birds are in the air, ETA to target in 15 minutes."

"This is Black Bird squad, over target, unloading whiskey."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1YY06UmrSj1RF0rZebTH

:Classified report ends here:

Press Release:

Today, the President of the Allied States of America has authorized the use of napalm to destroy a high concentration of infected in the city of Badulla to rid all infected in the city. Under the request of the Ski Lanka government, the Allied States will be working with Ski Lanka ground forces fighting the infestation, but we will not intefere with Collective activity. The Collective are in Ski Lanka to assist with containment and disputes between the Ski Lanka government and the Collective must be handled by them, however we wish for the two governments to place their disputes on hold to contain this outbreak. The President has also stated that the 1st Pacific Fleet will begin enforcing a No Fly Zone, with only one exemption to the No Fly zone, The Collective. The Collective and the Allied States will be the only ones permitted inside Ski Lanka Airspace, any non-approved actors will be handled briefly. This is to ensure no Ski Lanka planes attempt to evacuate citizens who may or may not be infected out of the country, and due to the Collective spearheading the containment of this outbreak, we will not interfere with their operations. 

PoJQyFJ.gif

The increased comms chatter would, as well as further movements around the island, would raise concern among the commanders of the Collective. 

"It's becoming alarming, that the allied states seem to be increasing their movements on the island. We need to ensure they don't represent a credible threat to our operations. As such, I move to launch a surprise assault on their forces surrounding the island. It will risk breaking the blockade, but we cannot ignore their presence any longer." One commander spoke.

"I believe the easiest solution to our problem, is to unleash Acid Fog, and utilize the storage buoys to keep the spell going for 36 hours at a time. We have enough to maintain the fog for a few weeks. It should buy us enough time to summon a few dozen rust monsters, and put their vessels out of commission. Beyond that, any further action will likely lead to a war between us and the Allied States. The king would prefer to avoid a full out war with another nation of moderate size, so I believe this is the best method." The Operation Commander informed the others before him. After murmuring among themselves, they would all eventually come to agree with the methodology. "In the meantime, we must discuss our tactics for securing Uva. Any suggestions?"

"Clearly, we should bombard their key positions and then simply take the city by force. Their morale will be crushed, and victory should be swift." The greenest Citadel commander would, suggested.

"I think it's a good idea to bombard key positions, but that's as far as my agreement goes. Why waste troops unnecessarily? Just use the dead to do the heavy lifting, we'll swoop in the end and decimate them." Came the commander who spoke at the beginning of the meeting.

"We can only use that tactic for so long before it becomes painfully clear we're behind them. I say bombard the key positions, and use our arcane gates to deploy our troops in favorable positions. From there, we can utilize magic to eliminate the light from the sun. We'll have a distinct advantage due to our Sentinels and night vision. I suspect we will still incur casualties, but they should be mitigated over all." Came the quietest commander.

"Aye, I agree with you, Vold. That is the tactic we will employ. Order the cannons to begin firing on their fortified positions, I want our troops loaded back onto the Citadel, and ready to be deployed at a moments notice. Keep our intelligence network's eyes on their movement on the streets. When they shift positions, I want our fighters to strafe and dwindle their numbers. Am I understood?" The commander ordered, before the others said 'yessir' in unison. The chatter would redirect towards supplies, where armored units should be deployed, and more...

Meanwhile, a message would be played on a loop on all frequencies, saying:

"The Collective will be enforcing a new wave of blockades with the rising risk of infected escaping the island. From this point onward, a fog will be deployed around the island to prevent any vessel from leaving port. This fog will degrade the integrity of the metal that forms the hull, and we strongly advise all vessels refrain from operating in the fog, or within 150 feet of it. This is an advisory warning to any and all civilians around the area.

• Upvote 1

*classified*

"President, our ships enforcing the blockade have received a transmission. It appears they will be using a toxic fog to attempt to hamper our operations in the area. We believe that the collective is trying to cover up and keep our investigation from picking up any clues on the outbreak and stop our attempts to quell the infection. I suggest moving our ships further out, while still keeping a line to ensure no ships somehow leaving Ski Lanka," the general stated to the President.

"No, we will not pull out. We just cleared an area vital to our investigation. Its time to show the Collective that we will not bow down to them, Elizabeth, get me the Ski Lanka government, tell them we will move our troops on the ground to assist with their defense and get the Collective on the line," the president stated. 

Elizabeth first contacted the Ski Lanka government informing them the President has authorized the ground teams for our operations in the investigation will be moved to their location to assist their defense. And then sends the Collective's king a message that states:

The Allied States of America will not bow down to your attempts to hide the events in Ski Lanka. We know you employed a toxic fog to keep further Anerican reinforcements, which means you are semi aware of our presence on the Island. For the past few days we had a teams scattered looking for Intel that would help figure out where this outbreak came from, and potentially find the culprit of this outbreak. It is clear this is not a natural outbreak, it was man-made. Our investigation pointed us towards Ski Lanka, and we raided a research facility and a few server banks in the process, but we havent had time to extract our men from the area to have the data analyzed, and now you have unleashed a fog to keep us out. Maybe we were wrong, maybe Ski Lanka is innocent, and so here forth, the American units stranded on the island will relocate to the remaining stronghold the Ski Lanka government holds, and have authorized them to assist their defenses against the infected and any hostile regimes. The President will only ask once for you to call her and explain before we go to Congress on a proposal to authorize SL-10-40, which essentially will lead to American Air force dropping bombs indiscriminately on the island to eliminate the infection once and for all, and I have a gut feeling you do not want that. The President will be waiting, and her patience is wearing thin.

PoJQyFJ.gif

The Collective, having crippled the Sri Lankan telecoms network, was able to eaves drop on the conversation between the Sri Lankan Government, and the Allied States. Upon monitoring the conversation, 6 missiles would be fired on the research facility that they asked for cooperation in raiding, while the Citadels would fire upon any vessel that attempted to make port on the island. Aircraft could be heard soaring around the eastern section of the island, constantly monitoring the area. Any Allied attempt to land on the eastern section of the island, or deploy forces there, would be met with a Collective fighter ordering them to ground their craft or be shot down. All Americans were to be arrested and be transferred to the Citadel, while the Citadels themselves would conduct blanket jamming, preventing communication beyond a few miles from occurring. A single transmission would be sent towards the President:

"The Sri Lankan territory is now under Collective authority. Operating in the region without our expressed permission will result in aggression. You will vacate the island willingly, or we will use deadly force."

The Wizard King,upon hearing the news, would dispatch a Citadel off the coast of Hawaii, deploy 3 more Citadels towards Sri Lanka, and tighten the border patrol around the mainland. The cogs of the Collective war machine would officially be activated once more.

Edited by Spectral

*Classified*

After the Collective Citadel was detected off the coast of Hawaii, the Allied States Air Force sent a squad to intercept and order its immediate removal from the coast.

"You are unlawfully entering Allied States Airspace. You have 30 seconds to turn around before we our ordered to engage. I repeat, turn around or be prepared to be engaged." Was the only message the Citadel would receive from the Air Force. The Hawaiian defense Systems have been Armed, with every Anti-Air weaponry primed and the Allied States navy that is stationed at Hawaii to move to alert status. DEFCON has been moved to 2

"The unlawful annexation of Ski Lanka is not recognized by the Allied States of America. As such, we are prone to fulfill the Ski Lanka's request to assist them against the Collective. It is clear that the Collective has something to hide, and we firmly believe they are responsible for the outbreak and deaths of thousands of innocent lives, otherwise they would not feel the need to interfere in our operations and stop vital information containing to this outbreak to escape the island. The Collective have two options, go to war and face the full might of the Allied States military, or cease hostile actions and release our soldiers and the data they were carrying. The Collective have 48 hours to make a decision. We also demand the removal of Collective military craft out of our legal borders."

PoJQyFJ.gif

The Citadel would sit just off the coast of Hawaii, at the edge of the Allied States territorial border. The Citadel would then fall into the ocean, creating a small tidal wave that would crash on the island, while fighters would be sortied to aggressively push the Allied State's borders, with several going into the border itself. Though outright conflict was to be avoided, they were to set the local forces on edge. The Citadel would deploy an acid fog around itself, as a defensive measure against naval vessels.

"You have chosen not to recognize our lawful borders, and so we will do the same to the island of Hawaii. We apologize if this causes unneeded tension. Release of your soldiers and citizens will be approved once your forces have withdrawn from the island. Until such a time, I'm afraid it does not benefit us to do so. We hope that these escalations on both sides can be resolved amicably, but the Collective cannot agree to surrender the island of Sri Lanka."

The Citadels hovering over Sri Lanka would use control weather to whip up an intense storm, hiding the island from view via satellite. While comms were jammed and ships were effectively forced to avoid the acid fog buffer zone, the Citadels would begin utilizing the Cleansing operation. The cleansing operation utilizes the Citadels to begin to cast turn undead on all those residing below. Though each mage can control only a certain n umber of undead, they can turn as many as they need, should they have the mana. As such, the citadel would begin to convert the majority of the population, and the rampant and raging undead would then begin to terrorize those that remain. In the end, it would result in the destruction of the intended area. Finally, under the guise of protecting the world from infection, the Collective would begin a purge aimed at eliminating all those infected, which is presumed to be all inhabitants of the area. This would allow the Collective military to turn the entire island into a base of operations, rather than specific sections.

As collective fighters enter Hawaii airspace, the local government retreats to hidden military bunkers and issue the Hawaiian National Guard to start evacuation citizens from major population centers and relocated until the tidal wave from the citadel passed. The Air Force has also been authorized to fire onto any collective fighters in Hawaiian borders. 

The President released a Statement to the Collective

We chose to not recognize your claims to Ski Lanka due to your hostile actions towards our investigation. You given us enough reason to believe that you caused the outbreak by trapping our soldiers and citizens with your toxic fog. Once again, you can either deactivate your fog to allow safe passage for Allied States military to extract our citizens and soldiers with the data they recovered from databanks and the research facility and remove your forces from Hawaii. Failure to do so will result in amassing the Allied States military onto Ski Lanka to free our citizens and soldiers, we will not back down and willing to defend our values. 

*classified*

With the Collective ready to escalate, the president has authorized to prepare nuclear weapons to be ready to fire at any time. 1,000 nuclear ICBM that have been recovered from the fallen United States will be ready in 48 hours and the AS Navy moves submarines in shooting range of the Citadel, waiting for orders.

The Allied States Airforce has started to engage Collective fighters inside the borders, however been ordered to not pursue them if they exit the Airspace 

PoJQyFJ.gif

Rather then let the continued escalation expand to destroy long term interests, it was decided through a burst of chittering that intervention was the superior option. Messages would be sent to both sides to stand down and withdraw from their respective airspaces, along with movements to act against both parties if need be, the Americans threatened with a carrier group showing up immediately after the Citadel's crash into the waves. The Collective was instead provided with some evidence of what the orbital weaponry of the corporation would do to the mana lines, physical threats less useful against such a target.

[Encrypted Burst to both parties]

"The corporation would like to mediate a peace between all sides that is both viable and ensuring of an extended peace within the Pacific region, further incursion within the Indian Ocean will be considered an act of war, and likewise further encroachment on the American's airspace will be taken as acceptance of conflict. You will both take a breather, have a diplomatic conversation and a resolution, or we will commence an armed intervention."

Weapons systems throughout the company began to target possible targets and ready themselves for full warfare against any who would oppose.

Edited by Mogar

As per the arrangement with the Allied States, the Citadel would lift off and depart the island of Hawaii, while the Citadels would transfer the American detainees to a single Citadel, which would then slowly descend from it's position in the air. The Acid fog around the south eastern section of the island would be dispelled, to allow the American troops on the island to withdraw. The Collective would await the Americans withdrawal from the island before continuing their campaign of destruction, while memory altering magic would be used to avoid the world knowing the truth of what happened on the island. A small force of Americans would be permitted access to the 'docked' Citadel, to allow the transfer of American citizens and troops.

In the Capital of Sydney;

"This situation has illuminated a glaring security flaw within our nation; susceptibility to orbital weaponry. It's imperative that we find the necessary defenses to protect ourselves from attacks such as those, as well as developing more advanced orbital combat capabilities ourselves." The Wizard King would lecture his cabinet grimly.

"Yes, but for now, defusing the situation is in our best interests, especially since we had already negotiated the terms with the Allied States before MoG corp interceded. We're developing means to dramatically hinder conventional military without hindering our own. After we complete those tasks, we can begin developing defenses from orbital bombardment." Came one of the Cabinet members.

*Classified*

As the Citadel near hawaii, the President sends the direct order for the remaining soldiers and investigators in Ski Lanka to move to the eastern coast. Transportation ships will be take the soldiers and investigators with the soldiers back the AS McCord, aircraft carrier while another team dispatched to the Collective Citadel to board the outer perimeter to get the detained American citizens. Once all American citizens and forces have been accounted for, the President issued the 1st Pacific fleet to head towards hawaii.

PoJQyFJ.gif

As the American forces retreated from the island, they begun a campaign of sabotaging radar and assorted defenses to debilitate the regime forces. The Collective had stepped up converting those alive into undead, which had caused the cities of Trincomalee and Uva to be over run with uncontrollable undead. Under the guise of containing a potential global epidemic, the Collective recorded the images below, released them to the global media, and began the 'purge' of infected. Half of the Collective aircraft would sortie, and begin to target and destroy any and all known Sri Lankan aerial defenses, water purification and power plants would be targeted with strategic missile strikes to diminish quality of living, the cities would be bombarded by artillery fire for over a week and after the continued bombardment, the Collective would send in 11,000 Sentinels to clear out all those that remained alive. Those that escaped, would be targeted by armored units, the remaining collective aircraft, and mobile artillery. A message would be sent to the surviving Sri Lankan government:

"This will be your final chance to surrender to Collective forces, and acknowledge the king's authority as he moves to clean the infection from this island. This infection represents a clear and present danger not just to the Collective, but to all nations of the world. You will be given 72 hours to surrender, or your capital will be the next city to fall to Collective forces. If you should refuse to cooperate with the King, we will remove your ability to threaten Collective assets during it's operations.