Make the Game More Fun for People Who are Winning the War

Ashland1

PnW has always had a boring victory problem. Once you start winning a war, your victims frequently just lay there and take it, removing all fun from destroying them. If you’re like me, you like it when they struggle. I hate to say it, but it actually makes sense to spend all your time on the OWF because your victims are just sides of beef.

This is, in my view, the biggest problem with PnW. Sure, long-term, you should be able to get some joy out of beating the senseless, inactive corpses of your enemies. But short-term… it’s kind of boring. It should be possible to have motivated players who base their entire existence on something other than their alliance rank to stick around and actually do something.

One way to fix this is to give them some sort of incentive after the war is said and done to stick around during the war. For every day that you are in wars and at less than 15% mobilization, you get a Tough Kred Receipt point, or TKR point for short, for each day you log in and use your MAP’s. These Tough Kred Receipt points can be converted into infra depending on how much infra you had before you got them and how much infra you have after the fact. So if you lose more infra, mercy rule gets you a bit more back.

Another way might be to remove information! Because why let everyone have information when you can just have alliances that bought scrapers from Taiwanese coders for $500 have that information and everyone else can suck eggs? We need to give more advantages to large alliances, preferably the large alliances that are ranked #1! Or, well, at least the ones that used to be. That’s totally what this game needs to be more exciting and fun: Further disincentives to create smaller alliances. So fun, you guys.

A third way might be to implement map based declaration, which would just make boring wars impossible because war itself would be pretty much impossible to ever do.

EDIT: To be clear, when we start OUR next offensive war, these changes should be eliminated and anyone who complains is just whining because they’re losing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh, I know! If you beat an opponent at war, their account is deleted. Or maybe, better yet, they're banned, or their computer explodes! Or, Chuck Norris comes to them and beats the crap out of them because they lost pixels in a vidya game!

• Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Inst said:

Oh, I know! If you beat an opponent at war, their account is deleted. Or maybe, better yet, they're banned, or their computer explodes! Or, Chuck Norris comes to them and beats the crap out of them because they lost pixels in a vidya game!

LAWL

I mean, if that's how you want it, let's think up more (but semi-plausible) ways to make wars even more decisive. For instance, Akuryo is complaining about not having enough slots to go around. Let's just add a fourth defensive slot to the game; I'm sure it's a very popular option and we should do this more often. Alternately, let's double the war range dec from -25/+75% to -50 / +150%. Makes it easier to declare on whales, as well as easier to down-declare when you're bored.

Bank hiding is stupid, if you're part of an alliance and anyone in your alliance gets beiged, you end up losing a portion of available funds because someone in your alliance is bank-hiding. Make ground superiority reduce the opponent's air power by 50% instead of 33%, and air superiority reduce the opponent's effective tank count by 75% instead of 50%. Naval blockades now impose a drain on resources of an attacked nation, so they lose steel / munitions / aluminum / gasoline / uranium every turn.

===

-Make it possible to take slaves from defeated nations, temporarily increasing your income until you work the slaves to death.

-Likewise, put in in-game viceroy feature, meaning that as long as the enemy nation exists, you'll receive a permanent tithe of your victim's resources.

-Make it so that you can capture enemy cities. Grumpy has too many cities? No problem, beige them 30 times and all their cities are yours.

-Make it so that aircraft can destroy missiles and nukes, stopping players from being able to stockpile missiles and nukes.

-Make it so that spies can attack enemy baseball stadiums, destroying millions of resources invested in baseball.

-Make it so that you can ban players from government titles by defeating them enough times.

-Make it so that you can not only stop bank shipments and trades, but rather that you can intercept trade by blockading the target and get their resources if they're not careful to check, or if you have a secret blockade.

-Make it so that you can steal enemy infrastructure, meaning that the more infrastructure damage you deal, the more infrastructure your city has.

-Make it so that not only do you destroy enemy equipment, you can also capture them. So, if you attack an opponent and destroy their aircraft, tanks, and navy, you capture them as spoils of war, giving you temporarily more equipment, even over your maximum maintenance limit.

-Make it so that you can capture gasoline and munitions in ground attacks, beyond merely money.

-Make it so that you can decapitate the enemy capital and prevent your opponent from logging into their account until the next turn.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

Ooh, or better yet once you defeat an opponent by an immense triumph ground battle, you immediately get one of their cities. After all, you have the city; your soldiers are in it and the population isn’t capable of arguing the point.

Also airstrikes should be able to target improvements like missiles, since what are those jets armed with BUT missiles? That, and of course airstrikes against strategic resource reserves including food and gasoline; blowing up supplies is a critical tactic in any era of warfare.

Maybe we should also be able to sell our infrastructure to other players on the market, too?

(For reals, no. Each of these mechanics have actually been implemented in other games, insanely enough, and were absolutely decisive in destroying those games.)

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Better solution, just add a rule in the code that says the max is 3 defensive wars unless it's me attacking and then it's 4.
Also add another rule that says the 5 biggest nations have to give me all their cities and i have infinite war range above and below.

Problem solved, if i run out of slots to take then, it must surely be user error. :P