Make the game more fun for people who are losing a war

Lu Xun

29 minutes ago, Inst said:

@KingOfBlueBears

You weren't around then, but I was white-knighting for VE back when Syndisphere was first forming as well. I'm just playing to be a white knight.

As for the actual issue, please note that my complaint is about "fun", not winning. The SynDIQ sphere has around 20000 cities, the TKR-sphere has around 5000 cities. The problem is, is the game fun for the victim of a curbstomp? That's the name of this thread; i.e, it's not so that VE, UPN, NPO, TEst, TGH, or TKR can somehow win a war when the politicians have done their job to make sure the war is heavily-stacked against them. It's to make losing fun; i.e, to make it easier for more people to make non-symbolic gains as they're losing.

As is, first, only 25% of nations in this game exceed 6 months of age. Second, the most reliable form of fun players can have while being rolled is grabbing a friend and chaining baseball games.

You think I had fun in papers please? That wasn't fun. But do you see me whinning and moaning? No it's part of the game. Now stop !@#$ing. Rebuild or quit. 

You do realize that my nation was rolled only to fight this war, and when I run out of resources, I delete my account, make a new account, and sell credits, right?

@KingOfBlueBears:

Quote me on Discord. I've been drunk for much of the past two weeks, so I may have said something that was strictly incorrect, but I remember that I've never said I was an NPO or ex-NPO member.

Personally speaking, I do admit I am salty, both on a literal sense (probably around .5% mass by weight) and in a figurative sense. I prefer losing wars to winning wars, because winning wars usually devolve into a glorified mass raid. I am annoyed that I am not having my fun fighting in a losing war.

Edited by Inst
  • Downvote 2

At first I was very confused by this topic because I have the OP blocked and have for years. I recommend everyone do it. Inst isn't ever worth listening to.

8rC0y02.png

plus it's funny to when it looks like Thanos started this topic on your screen.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, Inst said:

@KingOfBlueBears

You weren't around then, but I was white-knighting for VE back when Syndisphere was first forming as well. I'm just playing to be a white knight.

As for the actual issue, please note that my complaint is about "fun", not winning. The SynDIQ sphere has around 20000 cities, the TKR-sphere has around 5000 cities. The problem is, is the game fun for the victim of a curbstomp? That's the name of this thread; i.e, it's not so that VE, UPN, NPO, TEst, TGH, or TKR can somehow win a war when the politicians have done their job to make sure the war is heavily-stacked against them. It's to make losing fun; i.e, to make it easier for more people to make non-symbolic gains as they're losing.

As is, first, only 25% of nations in this game exceed 6 months of age. Second, the most reliable form of fun players can have while being rolled is grabbing a friend and chaining baseball games.

Dogpiles aren't fun if you're winning either. BlueBears here claims we're all organized and prepare, but i cant get a slot to save my life.Most of my alliance can't, and alot of that is due to other coalition members having Milcoms run by seflish people who refuse to cooperate, and act only in their own interests.

But please, tell me how much fun im having, as i get my slot stolen for the 8th time today by a bunch of IQ bastards more than 1000 score below me. I'm not having fun, at this point i think the GoG member who randomly declared on and bombed me in the first round had the right idea. 

I honestly liked this war better when it started. It was an actual fight, and now it's just pissing me off to the point where i have to restrain myself from friendly fire. I wish i was in @Radoje position. He seems to be having alot more fun than i am. 

Curbstopms are just as boring on this side of the pond, mate. At this point,only the memes are keeping me alive, for Khorne has cut off my ration of blood and skulls.

• Like 1

@Akuryo

Agreed. But hey, the politicians love setting up winning wars, Milcom loves just vectoring suppression units, and rank-and-file love their chance to go "(insert name of my lame alliance here) STRONK" when they're just a body being thrown into a tactically superior position.

You can't really stop any of this; people will be people. But you can try to change the game system to make it more fun for both sides by allowing the losing side to obtain achievable goals.

That said, there is a contested sphere this war, which is at points above 22 cities. My paper napkin model shows that SynDIQ is going to have trouble decimating the middle tier, and pushing opponents down to be handled by the IQ tier mass at 15-16 cities. If they do achieve that, though, then they have what's effectively a 2 v 1 battle pushing up into the Grumpy tier.

It's just that the 22 cities and below region that's curbstompy right now. Players fight because they have their pride and love their alliance, but it's little more than just glorified raiding at this point.

Edited by Inst

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Dogpiles aren't fun if you're winning either. BlueBears here claims we're all organized and prepare, but i cant get a slot to save my life.Most of my alliance can't, and alot of that is due to other coalition members having Milcoms run by seflish people who refuse to cooperate, and act only in their own interests.

More slots for the slot god? :P 

1 hour ago, Sketchy said:

I have no idea what you guys are on about, I had plenty of fun when TKR dogpiled us. Easily my favourite war.

I know right? Papers Please was an absolute blast. Raiding every single alliance, the resistance changes, ships being useful, it was a lot of fun. People just are whiners imho, on both sides too tbh. If you can't get a slot, then git gud fam. ;)

Edit: We were thinking of different wars, but in the end it was a dogpile and I had my fun.

Edited by Mayor

I am bored as frick, i have never been so god damn bored since ....... ever 

let me explain a normal update for me this week. I get on 7:30, look at target list, find some TKR guy in my range... i say to myself "FINALLLLLLLY", i pull the "declare war" screen up. At about 3mins before update i have to pull up a fricking satellite clock on my second screen, at aprox 1 min before I fill in the captacha and place my mouse over the "Declare War" button. Exactly 2 seconds before update i click the button just to find out SOMEHOW SOMEONE OR 3 PEOPLE(S) TOOK MY GOD DAMN SLOT. 

So yes point being, the loosing side is having a lot more fun right now, our side is basically fighting tooth and nail for slots. I dont mind stomping tkr into the dirt, just wished they would not just lay down like a hooker and take it 

• Upvote 3

0b3897cd640f95254329f7a2d45d8c77b1c120e.

18 hours ago, The Mad Titan said:

Or leave the mechanics as is rather than crying when you're the ones getting beat on. 

There are already numerous ways nations losing wars can still do damage such as double buys, nukes, and missiles.

No need to mess up the system more. 

18 hours ago, Pestilence said:

Oh the “we’re losing, please help us Alex” post has arrived

12 hours ago, Zues said:

Omfg. Are you all excavating salt mines now? Holy crap I didn't think there could be anymore salt. Play the game and fight. We all have lost and rebuilt at some point. Grow a pair and stop crying.

This dude isn't even in TKR hes an applicant. Plenty of us are having fun, you guys can relax 

Edited by Smith
  • Upvote 1

C0r3Fye.png