Across Oceans and æther

Mogar

The corporation never took issue with foreign powers using alternative forms of just about anything, at high enough levels technology and magic being indistinguishable. Observations had led to the belief that the southern magical power would be more receptive towards diplomacy and negotiations. The obvious option would be to merely pick up a phone and have the company's people call their people, but such options were not available with an isolationist government such as The Mages Collective . A more traditional display would be needed instead and one of the company's luxury zeppelins would be re purposed with a diplomatic mission.

It took far longer than preferred to reach a point where they would be tracked, but it was unexpected they would be fired upon with how widely they were attempting to communicate a short diplomatic message on all channels possible and even a few abnormal ones. The local dolphins and whales were very confused, at the very least. Once communications were established the process of arranging a formal meeting and everything else could begin, but for now the airship merely slowly moved towards the isolated nation.

The Zepplin would be shadowed by a Citadel, where those on board would begin hearing a though in their head that was not their's.

"You have called for a means of communication, and intrigued the Wizard King. You will be invited to the great magical capital of the world, Sydney. There, your diplomat will travel to the micro plane where the kinds fortress lies. You will be permitted a standard guard detail of 6 individuals."

.:On Board The Citadel:.

"The invitatiin has been transmitted via message, sir. We won't be able to follow them further without deviating from a leyline. To preserve our mana, I wouldn't advise continueing." The small, plain looking officer, fold the captain.

"Yes, we will continue the regular patrol. Be prepared for anything; I don't want the terrorists trying anything."

The Vivid Coming would follow the instructions provided, the vessel observing through physical means what they witnessed, it was unexpected that data from cameras or other traditional technology would be valuable by the time they returned to corporate territory, it was still always better to have more information than less. The AI controlling the mission determined that the magical radiation from those who controlled this part of the world was too significant to rule out mind control and established that the lead of the mission would be a liaison under their own control, a beatifical local specimen of a vaguely arab descent. The corporation has several capitals now and Cairo was of primary importance for this mission so it only felt right. 

Landing in the capital the Corporate Emissary finally exited the airship that had brought her here, Bast would be the first corporate citizen to this land and begin her duties to represent the corporation publicly.

The ambassador would be ushered into the micro plane through a portal in the Royal Palace. Upon traversing through, the diplomat would find themselves on a narrow pathway towards a grand castle.

"I would strongly advise not stepping beyond the path. You will find things that have long since been banished from our world." One of the guards said before pushing the diplomat towards the castle. Once there, 2 behemoth stone statues opened a set of doors for the diplomat to walk through.

"Welcome to my abode. I'm the Wizard King, Taelus Myre. I heard your corporation desired to speak with me. How many I be of service?" The man before her asked, his robes engulfed in a black flame, swaying in the breeze.

She took in the sights and followed along, getting straight to the point once in a setting suitable for the conversation. "We thank you for the invitation. Our company has always striven towards establishing peaceful relationships with their immediate neighbors and while an ocean may separate us, securing that ocean between ourselves will ensure a peaceful future. Our intelligence suggests that your society is more comfortable in isolation and we don't wish to harm that. However there are those who are uniquely gifted within our own territories whom we'd like to see gain more understand and control over their abilities." Footage of several magically talented individuals fighting with police forces or in secure facilities tossing fire from their hands and other strange gifts was displayed through hologram from her hand.

"To cut to the point, the ideal from this meeting would be a defensive agreement to establish a functioning military relationship as well as certain economic exchanges. We'd be happy to act as an intermediary for whatever resources you may wish to unload onto the global markets for transport costs for example."

"I see, I'm sure we can open up our universities to those of your people who show an innate gift for magic. The Collective's primary goal is first and foremost the collection of knowledge. More minds working towards building that knowledge can only ever help. Permitting them into the universities will require they publish their findings with the Collective, which will then censure it as necessary. There are dangerous magics in this world that we keep classified in certain tiers. If particular spells became public, it would result in global tragedy. Likewise, we would like to negotiate a Technology Sharing Agreement, to further our knowledge not just in the arcane, but in all aspects.

It has become apparent to us, that while our nation prefers isolation, colonialism is a prevalent threat to our interests. As such, regional allies will be critical in deterring any who would trespass upon our territorial claims. The Collective has no interest in venturing beyond the Pacific/Indian oceans, and would happily agree to a such terms." The wizard king would tell the diplomat, while guiding her towards a large, yet empty banquet hall. The tables themselves had been lined with food, and unseen servants would toil away at their duties.