War Stats - Global War 12

Sketchy

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

-snip-

Congratulations on rolling people you outnumbered in their tier with downdeclares. Let's all celebrate the skill IQ showed in shredding TKRs middle and lower tier as well, since we're basically handing out trophies it seems.

Before somebody tries and pulls some bullshit with numbers.

CoS/TEst = 60 players. 23-24ish and 21-22ish average cc respectively.

Guardian - 49 players, average cc of 26.

Grumpy, who we didn't hit but knew would counter - 27 players, average cc of 30.

Tesla, who pulled a Spanish Inquisition - 19 players, city 22 average.

So congrats on winning a fight you were supposed to win and had a massive advantage in, but please, don't let facts stop you from touting it like you slew a mighty dragon.

Edited by Akuryo
Snipping is hard on mobile smh
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

-whale noises-

>flexing about stats

Alright, see, here's something important about your stats:

They're not important.

Not even a little bit. You're not important, not even a little bit. You're not relevant, not even a little bit at this point. You don't interact with the game in any meaningful way. You've even managed to prevent yourselves from actually fighting any wars at all; since the best you can ever even hope to do is get suicide declared on by nations far smaller than you who are prepared to launch nukes and nothing further. That's not war since it's not a challenge, that's just your opponents giving you the finger. You certainly can't declare any wars yourselves, you've scored yourselves out of that, so if you love war so much... why do you work so hard to avoid it? This is a game, and to play a game there MUST be a challenge. There's no challenge for you right now, not even a little bit. There inevitably will be, however. Sadly (for you), it seems that hasn't happened yet.

>flexing about activity levels

I honestly don't even know what your pride about activity levels is even for. You hug your pixels too tightly to have any use for the login bonus, you overbuild your cities to where you don't need to check or reconfigure production focus, so what benefit does activity really serve in your case? Just check your e-mail every day and if there's nothing from the notification system then that tells you everything you need to know.

More than that, you don't have a monopoly on competence or activity. Just because other alliances tolerate activity levels below the login bonus doesn't mean that their most active members are equally casual.

>flexing about taxes and hating on noobs

You keep going on and on about how you're some kind of economic savant and a leader of a business, which has been bothering me for some time now since you seem to be equating risk with waste. They're... not the same thing, you know? Investing in your own growth is indeed low risk, but it is also low reward (In fact it is arguably detrimental, but I'll keep this to economics). In case you somehow hadn't known, this is because due to the diminishing returns at your scale, the RoI on any investment in your own city count/land/infra is far, far slower than the same investment would be in anyone else. Every other alliance understands this, even if they take different approaches to risk-management. Now, it is indeed true that any investment in someone that isn't yourself is a risk, but that doesn't guarantee that you won't see returns. The actual risks are surprisingly small, in fact; and the rewards are extraordinary. Speaking of...

>flexing about city average

To my understanding, efficient risk management and economic strategy grounded in actual math has resulted in Syndisphere , IQ, and TKRsphere(defined here as TKR and TCW) each having more money in their banks, stashes and warchests than GoB has in city value and infrastructure. If they wanted to give up on waging war and tiering themselves out of relevance for years, any of them could easily defeat you by simply building two clones of GoB in their gov and most active members. You're not at an unreachable height, you're simply at a height not worth reaching. Yet.

>posting stats

At this point, you're transparently trying to use random and unimportant factoids to justify your baiting and derailment. Less than 1% of your post was relevant to war stats, and the remaining 99% was bait and derailment, just like the last several times you've posted ITT.

Tl;dr: stop derailing pls.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
lol email protection
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

Congratulations on rolling people you outnumbered in their tier with downdeclares. Let's all celebrate the skill IQ showed in shredding TKRs middle and lower tier as well, since we're basically handing out trophies it seems.

Grumpy, who we didn't hit but knew would counter - 27 players, average cc of 30.

So congrats on winning a fight you were supposed to win and had a massive advantage in, but please, don't let facts stop you from touting it like you slew a mighty dragon.

wait what Guardian has an average cc of 26? 

53 minutes ago, 8mrgrim8 said:

wait what Guardian has an average cc of 26? 

Mhm, according to the sheets we had they were just over 26, and Grumpy was almost at 31.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, LordMane611 said:

haha i am back to the game what happened with the previous alliances? this political scene is different

haha you all lucky my account is in vacation

Screenshot_176.png.9a361e2c1e595d7ce7c627ad01480d44.png

That's one hell of a vacation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

12 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Lets talk actual averages now, because both CoS and Test have nations we cant hit because they are too small for us and we also hit Rose, and tS (whats up with 5 CoS nations in VM mode?  And you guys say Grumpy are the war dodging infra huggers?)

So on day 1 of the war our 26 members hit 41 unique nations with an average city count of 27.2439 we had I believe an average city count of about 30.8. In case you wanted the real numbers.

As to scarfs wall of text, You guys need to make up your minds, either we are relevant and terrible for the game or we are not relevant at all.  Figure it out and get back to me when you guys have come up with an answer, and to be honest I don't have an issue if we aren't relevant, but the evidence seems to point otherwise.  As far this being a game, and their needs to be a challenge, not everyone has the same goals as you, some of my guys like to grow and buy cities, the challenge for them is to have the most cities in the game.  You want to stay at 12 cities and brag about launching missiles, the difference between you and I, is I don't care when you brag about launching your missiles, if you find that fun good on you.

As for activity levels, my member's obviously have something to do, if its play the market or work on building their cities.  That daily activity is also pretty important when war rolls around, all 26 of my guys participated day 1 in our war.  The golden horde, who brags (and boy do you guys do brag about it) about their love of war have been in a war for a day or two now, and still have a number of guys that don't have any wars or have even logged in.  That is what I am bragging about.

I do not claim to be an economic savant, the exact opposite, my econ strategy is to get out of the way and let people do what they want with their money.  If we see something weird in a nation we will say something and if someone asks for help we give it, but that is about all Grumpy Gov does besides give out interest free loans.  All the nation growth you see from my members is experienced players spending their money how they want. 

Am I proud that my alliance was able to achieve something no alliance in the game has ever done, (which is have a city average over 30)  why wouldnt I be proud of that? We started at around 20-21, and in 2 years increased it to over 30, I think that is pretty impressive and should be celebrated. Those city averages also seem to be pretty important considering just above your post Akuyo was complaining about our city count advantage as it pertains to war.

Lastly! This is a warstats page, so I post war stats, I seem to be the only one doing it, and I noticed your post was entirely dedicated to shitting on me and my alliance, and you posted 0 war related stats, so I guess maybe you should take your own advice. (note the warstats listed above)

• Upvote 2

>bunch of shit about tgh

We filled every defensive slot of TRF. Should we have hit another alliance just so everyone could get a war? I'll also tell LR2 that he needs to frick off with this "military deployment" bullshit and be more active or we're going to kick him.

• Upvote 1

Praise Dio. Every &#33;@#&#036;ing day.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

As for the jab at my alliance's war performance.... I mean our stats are garbage, yes. We're trying to win the war, not pad stats. I'm glad you have great stats, but we knew our infra was forfeit from the getgo. We don't care if it's your alliance or another one that happens to explode it nearly as much as you seem to. Our initial strategy was designed around that, allowing the other fronts to get cleaned up while you and guardian were distracted with us, a numerically inferior force (and you had to bring Tesla, as well), so I'm plenty happy with how things have gone.

I understand that it was your goal, but Grumpy's goal was to do as much damage as possible as fast as possible because we didn't know how long we had due to your overwhelming numbers before you guys turn the war around.  Which we knew was only a matter of time.  It's why we roll in with attrition, because we care less about losing our expensive infra than we care about blowing up yours.

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The golden horde, who brags (and boy do you guys do brag about it) about their love of war have been in a war for a day or two now, and still have a number of guys that don't have any wars or have even logged in.  That is what I am bragging about.

Alongside with TKR and KT, we fought in the most wars this year.  In fact, where were you during the year lull of no activity?

Jerking it off with your upper tier consolidation.  

Nothing about GoB tells me you love to fight.  Ever since your time in VE, you’ve been scrapping by trying to find a way out or to get a easy win in.  I still remember when you came up to us in Syndisphere, and when questioned, you stated you wanted a easy win for once because it promotes activity.  You’re not wrong on that, but damn.

Sure, if I was a coward too, I’d position my nation out of range from the game’s average city count and ally up with those who could give me the most headaches if we came to blows.

Yeah, my members will probably brag, because they actually put effort in whether it’s a easy fight or if they’re out through the meat grinder.  You on the other hand...

You gave up on VE when it got too hard for you.  You allied up with the only two alliances that could pose a threat with you.  And you simply just sat there and grew.

How many total wars has GoB participated in since your creation?  (That’s a honest question, not a dig)

I certainly don’t fault your methodology here, but the arrogance is astounding.  If you were so afraid of TEst throughout those years, why didn’t you just engage them first?  Because of numbers?  That just tells me you are too lazy to plan it out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Akuryo said:

It's actually an average of 22 for Guardian and 23 for both CoS and TEst. Close to half of Guardian (ie the 21 & below) were fighting IQ on the initial wave.

19 minutes ago, Memph said:

It's actually an average of 22 for Guardian and 23 for both CoS and TEst. Close to half of Guardian (ie the 21 & below) were fighting IQ on the initial wave.

*searches for that thing i remember seeing*
I don't even remember where i saw it, and at this point i'm not gonna bother looking. Something on there said 26 though and i can't remember what it must've been.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

I don't even remember where i saw it, and at this point i'm not gonna bother looking. Something on there said 26 though and i can't remember what it must've been.

Might be a mistake with how you accounted for VM nations?

Anyways, it was definitely more than just CoS and TEst keeping us and Grumpy busy. Guardian's bottom 40% or so were kept busy by IQ and our top 30% or so quickly got free of CoS/TEst and kept busy downdeclaring on Rose, Syndicate, Pantheon, SK, WTF, DB, Fark, UPN...

From Oct 20 to Oct 31 (after which our ability to launch effective offensives was limited), Guardian launched 55 wars against CoS/TEst and 72 wars against other alliances, and had a total of 197 wars against CoS/TEst and 288 against other alliances. Grumpy's wars probably skewed even more heavily against other alliances.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

-words-

Alright, I was gonna reply with another scarfpost but no. Your points are kind of valid really. Besides, it's as much on me to avoid participating in derailment as it is on you to avoid baiting it, so I'll just upvote @Hodor and move on.

26 minutes ago, Memph said:

Might be a mistake with how you accounted for VM nations?

Anyways, it was definitely more than just CoS and TEst keeping us and Grumpy busy. Guardian's bottom 40% or so were kept busy by IQ and our top 30% or so quickly got free of CoS/TEst and kept busy downdeclaring on Rose, Syndicate, Pantheon, SK, WTF, DB, Fark, UPN...

From Oct 20 to Oct 31 (after which our ability to launch effective offensives was limited), Guardian launched 55 wars against CoS/TEst and 72 wars against other alliances, and had a total of 197 wars against CoS/TEst and 288 against other alliances. Grumpy's wars probably skewed even more heavily against other alliances.

I didn't make the thing, but that might be possible. 

Poor Beli took 1bn in damage from that, last time the personal stats were updated anyway. Which, to my knowledge, is when they were released. 

To be fair you really don't need down declares to take on Pantheon, Fark, WTF or UPN. That's just insult to injury. I didn't even notice DB was in this, they're so damned quiet.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

I didn't make the thing, but that might be possible. 

Poor Beli took 1bn in damage from that, last time the personal stats were updated anyway. Which, to my knowledge, is when they were released. 

To be fair you really don't need down declares to take on Pantheon, Fark, WTF or UPN. That's just insult to injury. I didn't even notice DB was in this, they're so damned quiet.

The down-declares were mostly to make sure all of us had opponents we could fight to ensure we used our offensive potential as efficiently as possible. We did have several of us go 1 vs 1 against opponents to use our limited offensive slots more efficiently too.

Whoever was hitting us with espionage was also keeping us busy... I lost 1233 planes to that, mostly in a 4-5 day period in round 2-3.

2 hours ago, Akuryo said:

p sure ur badly remembering this nonsense from forever ago xP

rawr

1 hour ago, Memph said:

The down-declares were mostly to make sure all of us had opponents we could fight to ensure we used our offensive potential as efficiently as possible. We did have several of us go 1 vs 1 against opponents to use our limited offensive slots more efficiently too.

Whoever was hitting us with espionage was also keeping us busy... I lost 1233 planes to that, mostly in a 4-5 day period in round 2-3.

I'm not sure we'll be able to make you guys negative because of it.

Yeah, that's what we rolled in with covert for. That and tanks, spies can do a stupid amount of damage to tanks. I think one of my ops took out 1700.

32 minutes ago, katashimon13 said:

p sure ur badly remembering this nonsense from forever ago xP

rawr

Who needs memory when you can flounder around cluelessly looking for something instead. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Memph said:

Aye, TEst and CoS have no mid / low tier, which was why, having put teams of 3 on 2 targets each, we were unable to cover the low tier which would go down fast anyway. For the upper tier it was a headache tho - y'all have quite a few 28+ city nations, and the point where updeclares turned into downdeclares was with the smallest targets we hit in the blitz, in the 16-17 city range.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:18 AM, Spaceman Thrax said:

Your argument about Test, I mean, I was there for Test becoming a bloated mess and essentially bullying smaller alliances in the upper tier. I didn't like it either, because it wasn't competitive. In your thinking, how does allying so much of the upper tier with your own alliance make you anything different from what Test used to be? The way I see it, you're even more bloated and non-competitive, and you've pretty much bluntly said you think lopsided wars are great. But your issue with Test is that they were opportunistic... what is it that you think your alliance is?

We bullied alliances who weren't playing the political game. We smacked around GPA enough to get them to sign treaties and rebrand. Unfortunately they didn't really do anything interesting after that. Shame. Our "biggest" fights were against Arrgh, Alpha, Pantheon, and of course over half the game. Alpha was along side you all and supposed to start a global war, but didn't. Would've been interesting to see how things would have turned out in the following months had it. There's nothing wrong with being opportunistic, especially when we never held our wars long enough to truly grind down infra/resources to a crushing level. This current war was born out of being opportunistic. Seeing I had a good relationship at the end of my last tenure with Roquentin and Partisan and I know each other well enough to work together on a common goal, we were able to unite these sides to tackle the top tier consolidation that happened.

The closest thing TEst did in its previous run to tier consolidation was a merger with Sparta. That put us above 40 members (i think) of predominantly larger, for that time, nations. We then sought out allies who could fight at the middle and lower tiers where we could not, so we could help them in the uppers, and they could help prevent us with up declares. Found those allies in Arrgh and Roz Wei who were basically paperless at the time (I think Arrgh still had protection deals at that time). I never tried to ally Guardian, or any alliance who had a sizable number of large treaties. I might be willing to work with them on a global war, like was the hope of the Alpha hit, but at the time paperless couldn't have a global war without joining one of the two spheres. 

Regardless. TEst never held an upper tier advantage against the entirety of the game, or a majority of the game. Put us up against 1 alliance, sure we probably had a decent number more larger nations than they did. Put us up against 2? Nope. Put us up against a sphere along with our allies? Not at all.

My point is that TEst could have been taken down by a couple alliances, or a sphere (as it was) a virtually any point in my year leading it. But we played the political game well during that year taking advantage of the two sphere meta where we could. To take out GoB you have to take out the whole sphere tied to them which is filled with other whale nations. Our consolidation was never a threat for the game, it was just a perceived threat.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif