Nova Riata and Statesmen RoH with Pantheon and Allies

Uriah 'the Fox'

2 minutes ago, Vynneis said:

So i guess everyone on the other side should just decom everything then? 11/10

download (1).jpeg

Well actually yes, they are gonna lose most if not all of their infra before the war ends anyway, if they were smart they'd switch to guerrilla tactics and stop wasting money on expensive units.

XLL3z4T.gif

4 minutes ago, Vynneis said:

So i guess everyone on the other side should just decom everything then? 11/10

download (1).jpeg

U decom

Then u counter when the blitz comes on. 

Score let's u declare on smaller ppl with inflated score due to max mil

U can save some

U wont save all

But it's better than saving none

1 minute ago, TheRebelMan said:

U decom

Then u counter when the blitz comes on. 

Score let's u declare on smaller ppl with inflated score due to max mil

U can save some

U wont save all

But it's better than saving none

Ye that makes sense. My bad i thought you meant there was no point in fighting back and that they should've just done nothing.

Protectorates frequently join in wars on the winning side, thus setting a precedent which results in when you attack someone you hit their protectorates as well. 

Pretty sure someone said you should be careful about sitting as someone's protectorate for too long. Oh right, I said that. I'm a genius.

2nGwZTb.gif

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Like 4

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, Sketchy said:

If people don't want their protectorates to be hit during a war, they shouldn't have a consistent history of calling them to aid them in fights. At this point, all 3 of the major spheres pros would be fair game in a global based on their history.

This idea that protectorates are off limits only works if they act like protectorates and not like hidden MD allies.  If you as a protectorate don't want to be involved in a war, find a protector who doesn't use their protectorates for war, or learn to protect yourself and band together with other smaller aas.

Pretty much this. Having just one protector, even a strong one, leaves you extremely vulnerable once that protector is already engaged in a losing war. See stratagem #5. Vanguard is a strong enough minisphere to not be worth raiding even whilst their protectors are otherwise engaged, which is why this kind of thing hasn't happened to them yet. (IQ being in a position to potentially actually protect them helps too.)

Realistically though, TKRsphere has a lot of reasons to consider hitting IQ protectorates. It really does work both ways; now that TKR is already engaged with basically everyone to the point of being fully slotted already, what incentives are there for them to just restrict their targets to the ones actively hitting them? What could IQ/Syndisphere do if TKRsphere expanded the war to their protectorates after all? Declare double war? See stratagem #2.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
grammar grammar grammar
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Vanguard is a strong enough minisphere to not be worth raiding even whilst their protectors are otherwise engaged, which is why this kind of thing hasn't happened to them yet. (IQ being in a position to potentially actually protect them helps too.)

Technically they did get hit while their protectors were engaged.  However, not for "raid" purposes or anything.  We legit hit them for a war and intended to avoid the actual IQ bloc (Numbers wise, it was roughly even - it leaned slightly in their favor, but considering experience of players, I'd say it'd be even).  Even if the actual war didn't happen, we still had plans to hit Vanguard and we certainly did expect IQ to come to their aid - which would've been inevitable "loss" for us.  Still would've been fun though. :P

Up till when we were paid a very generous sum, I kept our business out of IQ even when some BK nations was retaliating against our allies - trying to limit the scope on just retaliating against those particular nations.  Once we got the funds, well, we all saw that war happen.  I won't lie, it was honestly was a fun war despite my claims of being bored fighting IQ all the time, aside from the minor drama in the coalition chat.

Edited by Buorhann

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Technically they did get hit while their protectors were engaged.  However, not for "raid" purposes or anything.  We legit hit them for a war and intended to avoid the actual IQ bloc (Numbers wise, it was roughly even - it leaned slightly in their favor, but considering experience of players, I'd say it'd be even).  Even if the actual war didn't happen, we still had plans to hit Vanguard and we certainly did expect IQ to come to their aid - which would've been inevitable "loss" for us.  Still would've been fun though. :P

Up till when we were paid a very generous sum, I kept our business out of IQ even when some BK nations was retaliating against our allies - trying to limit the scope on just retaliating against those particular nations.  Once we got the funds, well, we all saw that war happen.  I won't lie, it was honestly was a fun war despite my claims of being bored fighting IQ all the time, aside from the minor drama in the coalition chat.

Boss, I was talking about this war not the one ages ago... which I was on your side for :P

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Pretty much this. Having just one protector, even a strong one, leaves you extremely vulnerable once that protector is already engaged in a losing war. See stratagem #5. Vanguard is a strong enough minisphere to not be worth raiding even whilst their protectors are otherwise engaged, which is why this kind of thing hasn't happened to them yet. (IQ being in a position to potentially actually protect them helps too.)

Realistically though, TKRsphere has a lot of reasons to consider hitting IQ protectorates. It really does work both ways; now that TKR is already engaged with basically everyone to the point of being fully slotted already, what incentives are there for them to just restrict their targets to the ones actively hitting them? What could IQ/Syndisphere do if TKRsphere expanded the war to their protectorates after all? Declare double war? See stratagem #2.

I double dare you motherfrickers. Touch it and I will show you a world of pain.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

7 hours ago, TheRebelMan said:

How is it retarded to minimize damages if u know ur gonna get blitzed and you have no chance? Only retarded thing they did was not have a milcom/ not have a competent enough milcom to save a few people. 

For your information I'm competent enough.

4 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

What would be the benefit for TKR to expand the war even further when they don’t have enough slots to engage their enemies as is?

#1 goal of a war (winning or losing) is to make sure you have improved your ability to fight another war.

They should be fighting a Guerrilla campaign, but I still see TKR nations buying thousands of tanks and quickly having them blown to bits.

• Downvote 1

“I'm cheap and enjoy butchering” - Manthrax

6 minutes ago, Tcase42 said:

Did someone say TFP?

saveas1.JPG

One can assume Guardian asked them not to come into this war. Probably have an agreement to help them rebuild post war.

Either that or they are crappy allies.

Take your pick.

Edited by 86’d
  • Upvote 1

“I'm cheap and enjoy butchering” - Manthrax

19 minutes ago, 86’d said:

One can assume Guardian asked them not to come into this war. Probably have an agreement to help them rebuild post war.

Either that or they are crappy allies.

Take your pick.

I think both options are as funny as each other.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If it makes you guys feel better, what pantheon is doing to you, Grumpy is slowly doing to Pantheon's upper tier. (the infra destroyed up there is much more expensive too... I'm looking at you kenny)

The benefits of having majority of the whales leave your alliance to leave 8 or so exposed. ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

The benefits of having majority of the whales leave your alliance to leave 8 or so exposed. ?

Was it worth to attack Statesmen and Nova Riata in exchange of having your top tier crushed? (no cynicism, I am really interested what kind of cost benefit analysis was made by you)

• Upvote 3