What's with the nuclear winter?

Angel Lara

Just now, TheRebelMan said:

@Anneal what about KT? 

Just saying out of personal experience. It’s not a bad place for recruits. And if you do particularly well you can even become gov, regardless of nation age.

• Upvote 1

Z98SzIG.png

@Reuben Cheuk

image.png.2cafb0461549b9beaab5e531394906d0.png

"Hanging in the atmosphere, the clouds of debris shut out the sun's heat and light. Across large areas of the Northern Hemisphere it starts to get dark, it starts to get cold. In the centers of large land masses like America or Russia, the temperature drop may be severe, as much as 25 degrees centigrade. Even in Britain, within days of the attack it could fall to freezing or below for long, dark periods."

(Threads, 1986)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anneal said:

Just saying out of personal experience. It’s not a bad place for recruits. And if you do particularly well you can even become gov, regardless of nation age.

Hmm. Good for recruits that like war. 

18 hours ago, Angel Lara said:

160 atomic weapons detonated in the last 24 hours. Gee. Does this happen often?

The smaller nations would like to get the maximum productivity from our farms. Thank you very much. 

Smaller nations shouldn't produce food. To produce food efficiently, you should have much land. Like at a bare minimum 2500-3000 land per city. The more, the better.

Edit: Ok, that was late AF. Somehow didn't notice it was a day old topic...

Edited by King Olafr of the Faroes
  • Upvote 1

"Don't argue with members of The Golden Horde. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Probably someone on OWF.

On 10/22/2018 at 12:32 AM, Anneal said:

I see how it is.  KT is a top choice, but not TGH.  You hurt me, @Anneal.

3 hours ago, Angel Lara said:

A bit rich coming from someone who doesn't have a nuclear weapons program.

Wow, no, you really don’t have anything to stand on right here. Please learn more before you start talking trash like that, because what’s really “a bit rich” is a new three-city nation with farms thinking he’s justified in back-talking anybody.

“Perhaps in the world's destruction it would be possible at last to see how it was made. Oceans, mountains. The ponderous counterspectacle of things ceasing to be. The sweeping waste, hydroptic and coldly secular. The silence.” 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Angel Lara said:

A bit rich coming from someone who doesn't have a nuclear weapons program.

A bit rich for you to complain about nuclear weapons, then insult me for not possessing nuclear weapons or using them. 

EDIT: And for the record, I am able to buy a Nuclear Program right now, I'm just not stupid or incompetent enough to do so. 

Speaking about incompetence, farming at 3 cities, and with over 1500 infa? Cute.

Edited by Zyphy
Dunno.
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators

Relax guys. Take a deep breath.

When it comes to defending your honor related to your nation sim management skills...

Rb4e45j.gif

Being polite and considerate towards new players though is highly appreciated. Before being too harsh and pointing out "mistakes", first study to whom you are talking.

Regarding OoC discussions, etc. though, keep it civil at all times.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keegoz said:

Guess he can't join KT, you gotta be able to put up with the shit talking to join. There happens to be a lot of it.

Shit talk mixed with honesty.

11 hours ago, Angel Lara said:

Insult you?! But look who's talking. 

I do not owe deference beyond usual politeness outside the game to anyone. Nor in the game for that matter. 

None of us care for you being polite or respecting us, just don't go out of your way to complain about something and backfire when you're insulted for stupidity. 

Now, argument aside,  I advise you join an alliance and join discord. If you wish, text me on discord. My handle is:

Zyph#3910

• Downvote 1

On 10/27/2018 at 12:04 AM, Zyphy said:

Shit talk mixed with honesty.

None of us care for you being polite or respecting us, just don't go out of your way to complain about something and backfire when you're insulted for stupidity. 

Now, argument aside,  I advise you join an alliance and join discord. If you wish, text me on discord. My handle is:

Zyph#3910

I know the thread's a bit old, but if we are gonna pick at the build of a new nation, then let's talk about a nation with over 8 months of experience and still having a terrible build and military... Like really, what are you doing with 3750 tanks and 2.20% disease in your commerce builds, remove the factory and build a hospital. I'm just being honest of course. 

Edit: Taking a second look, your land:infra ratio is pretty bad too, and despite having drydocks in all 15 of your cities, you only have 15 ships total.

Edited by ℟Ø₣Ḹ Wⱥ₣₣Ḹᙦ
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

6 hours ago, ℟Ø₣Ḹ Wⱥ₣₣Ḹᙦ said:

I know the thread's a bit old, but if we are gonna pick at the build of a new nation, then let's talk about a nation with over 8 months of experience and still having a terrible build and military... Like really, what are you doing with 3750 tanks and 2.20% disease in your commerce builds, remove the factory and build a hospital. I'm just being honest of course. 

Edit: Taking a second look, your land:infra ratio is pretty bad too, and despite having drydocks in all 15 of your cities, you only have 15 ships total.

I'm aware of my land, lol. 

Also, 

>I'm gonna shit talk him for having tanks and 15 ships. 

We're in different alliances where there is different requirements, I would take your shitty advice but, by the looks my requirements would not be met. 

It's ironic that you'd try and bash somebody when you don't even take a look at the alliance to see if anybody else holds these minimums. 

Please do you research instead of being a lazy slob. 

Also, what are you doing with yours? Are you going for commerce, production or military? Make up your mind you dimwit, you've got a mix of it all and it doesn't work, you should have commerce at around 1500 infa, you're being completely ignorant with your shitty build. 

Having maximum ships would raise my score, and my score is already too stagnant, a minimum of 15 ships will do, incase I'm attacked it'll defend. Same with tanks, if anybody goes for land it should at least assure that the other side takes losses, and hopefully I avoid losing ground control. Staying partially militarized is efficient. 

And it's rich of you to bash me out on my infa when you're rolling with 5/5 Barracks but aren't even going for maximum amounts of Hangar's per city, It's a FACT that planes are key to any war, so do your fricking research before trying to be a smartass.

Edited by Zyphy
tl;dr You're a hypocrite
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Zyphy said:

I'm aware of my land, lol. 

Also, 

>I'm gonna shit talk him for having tanks and 15 ships. 

We're in different alliances where there is different requirements, I would take your shitty advice but, by the looks my requirements would not be met. 

It's ironic that you'd try and bash somebody when you don't even take a look at the alliance to see if anybody else holds these minimums. 

Please do you research instead of being a lazy slob. 

Also, what are you doing with yours? Are you going for commerce, production or military? Make up your mind you dimwit, you've got a mix of it all and it doesn't work, you should have commerce at around 1500 infa, you're being completely ignorant with your shitty build. 

Having maximum ships would raise my score, and my score is already too stagnant, a minimum of 15 ships will do, incase I'm attacked it'll defend. Same with tanks, if anybody goes for land it should at least assure that the other side takes losses, and hopefully I avoid losing ground control. Staying partially militarized is efficient. 

And it's rich of you to bash me out on my infa when you're rolling with 5/5 Barracks but aren't even going for maximum amounts of Hangar's per city, It's a FACT that planes are key to any war, so do your fricking research before trying to be a smartass.

1. If you're aware of your land yet claim to have enough money to buy the NRF, then fix it.

2. Why would I care what your MMR is? If you have 3750 tanks as per quota by your alliance, that doesn't mean I can't critique having them.

3. I don't think you did your research either, as of today I went from 5 cities to 10 cities in one jump, so of course my military build does not yet match what a 10 city nation should have. In addition, my build is focused on resource production, but every competent player knows that subways are a great improvement to have for any city with more than 1000 infra, the fact that you took that as me somehow attempting a commerce build is really beyond me.

4. You can't use score inflation as a means to justify not having max ships when you already have 3750 tanks... Plus, 15 ships will not suffice you in a war, I don't know how you'd possibly think that 15 ships should be enough to fend off against other 15 city nations. Finally, your tanks are gonna be obliterated by someone else's air force and you will have wasted all that money and steel.

5. Finally, like I said, I was a 5 city nation not too long ago, so at the time of writing my post, I had no reason to have max hangars as 5 city nations do not need a max airforce, 3 hangars were sufficient for me to raid without worry of having my ground force striked away.

tl;dr you don't know anything about econ (or military apparently)

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

1 hour ago, ℟Ø₣Ḹ Wⱥ₣₣Ḹᙦ said:

1. If you're aware of your land yet claim to have enough money to buy the NRF, then fix it.

2. Why would I care what your MMR is? If you have 3750 tanks as per quota by your alliance, that doesn't mean I can't critique having them.

3. I don't think you did your research either, as of today I went from 5 cities to 10 cities in one jump, so of course my military build does not yet match what a 10 city nation should have. In addition, my build is focused on resource production, but every competent player knows that subways are a great improvement to have for any city with more than 1000 infra, the fact that you took that as me somehow attempting a commerce build is really beyond me.

4. You can't use score inflation as a means to justify not having max ships when you already have 3750 tanks... Plus, 15 ships will not suffice you in a war, I don't know how you'd possibly think that 15 ships should be enough to fend off against other 15 city nations. Finally, your tanks are gonna be obliterated by someone else's air force and you will have wasted all that money and steel.

5. Finally, like I said, I was a 5 city nation not too long ago, so at the time of writing my post, I had no reason to have max hangars as 5 city nations do not need a max airforce, 3 hangars were sufficient for me to raid without worry of having my ground force striked away.

tl;dr you don't know anything about econ (or military apparently)

Too lazy to go out and fix it really, and 45m wouldn't cover it, lol.

I never implied 15 would be enough for a war, lol. Read carefully, 15 ships is just a launching point to assure that I at least have something to combat with. 

Who cares if you jumped up 5 cities? That's not a big foot, the first 10 cities are quite cheap, even with that said if you had the money to buy up to city 10 you should have enough to buy hangars, so don't go on the defensive and try and dick measure about accomplishments lol, nobody cares. 

Next, reread. This has to be repeated twice, because I NEVER said that 3750 ships would be enough to defend me, I just said it was to avoid them having GC, hence they wouldn't target my Tanks but rather my air force. 

Since you know enough about military, it should be obvious to you that the first goal in the war would be to get AS, so then anything else could be dealt with, and if GC is feasible, go for that to assure AS. And if we're implying a city 15 nation is attacking me, it would be counter productive to Air strike my tanks first instead of going for planes, also. The majority of players would go for GROUND CONTROL FIRST. Not for bombing tanks, after GC is achieved they would try and lower my AF so it wouldn't be a threat, with that done you could go for tanks and assure that I cannot build up. So your just being a total idiot now, and trying to outsmart me with such an inane implication, next if they did go for my tanks first for some reason, I could rebuy and just militarize from there trying to take GC since they wouldn't have the MAPS to Air strike again. 

Also, lowering disease to 0% only gives me what like 40k more rev iirc, which sure is something but not a lot. So, without tanks this would  leave my ground for takes and hence leave my Air Force to die. Most alliances actually have adopted this rule of at least having SOME tanks or soliders to avoid the aggressor taking ground control right away. 

40k more cash, isn't worth the infa I'd lose (not that I care but it's preventable) nonetheless the planes. 

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Zyphy said:

Too lazy to go out and fix it really, and 45m wouldn't cover it, lol.

I never implied 15 would be enough for a war, lol. Read carefully, 15 ships is just a launching point to assure that I at least have something to combat with. 

Who cares if you jumped up 5 cities? That's not a big foot, the first 10 cities are quite cheap, even with that said if you had the money to buy up to city 10 you should have enough to buy hangars, so don't go on the defensive and try and dick measure about accomplishments lol, nobody cares. 

Next, reread. This has to be repeated twice, because I NEVER said that 3750 ships would be enough to defend me, I just said it was to avoid them having GC, hence they wouldn't target my Tanks but rather my air force. 

Since you know enough about military, it should be obvious to you that the first goal in the war would be to get AS, so then anything else could be dealt with, and if GC is feasible, go for that to assure AS. And if we're implying a city 15 nation is attacking me, it would be counter productive to Air strike my tanks first instead of going for planes, also. The majority of players would go for GROUND CONTROL FIRST. Not for bombing tanks, after GC is achieved they would try and lower my AF so it wouldn't be a threat, with that done you could go for tanks and assure that I cannot build up. So your just being a total idiot now, and trying to outsmart me with such an inane implication, next if they did go for my tanks first for some reason, I could rebuy and just militarize from there trying to take GC since they wouldn't have the MAPS to Air strike again. 

Also, lowering disease to 0% only gives me what like 40k more rev iirc, which sure is something but not a lot. So, without tanks this would  leave my ground for takes and hence leave my Air Force to die. Most alliances actually have adopted this rule of at least having SOME tanks or soliders to avoid the aggressor taking ground control right away. 

40k more cash, isn't worth the infa I'd lose (not that I care but it's preventable) nonetheless the planes. 

Your reply is full of bullshit, nonsense and excuses, but sure man. Roll with it.

• Downvote 1

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg