10/20/2018 - Politics and War Pumpkin Carving Contest

Alex

• Administrators

'Tis the season of trick or treat, black cats, spooky skeletons, and other such Halloween festivities. Accordingly, I'd like to try a fun event this year: a Politics & War themed pumpkin carving contest! I want to see how creative and artistic you all are using a pumpkin as your canvas.

Rules

The rules for the competition will be very straightforward: to enter, you simply need to come up with some Politics & War related concept (game related, alliance related, nation related, player related) and carve it into a pumpkin. Then, take a picture of your carved pumpkin and submit it here as a response to this thread to enter the competition. You will have one week to design, carve, and submit your creations before this thread automatically locks (October 27, at 12PM, server time.)

After we have received all of our submissions, I will set up a voting thread and leave approximately 3 days time open for everyone to vote on their favorite pumpkin carving. Then, I will announce the winners on Halloween (October 31st.)

Prizes

The first place winner will receive 30 Credits for their nation (~$121 USD value.)

The second placer winner will receive 10 Credits for their nation (~$43 USD value.)

The third place winner will receive 1 year of free VIP subscription for their nation (~$27 USD value.)

All winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd places) will additionally receive an in-game award for their nation.

Notes

To keep things simple, each submission will be limited to 1 photo. You can submit your creation with multiple photos here, but please identify the primary photo you would like to use in voting.

On a side-note, I understand not everyone may celebrate Halloween, and in particular may not have access to pumpkins, but still may want to participate. The carvings do not have to be "Halloween" themed so much as Politics & War themed, but of course you do have artistic liberty to shape your design however you want (within reason; I do reserve the right to reject submissions that are not Politics & War related.)

If you live somewhere where you do not have the ability to purchase a pumpkin, I am fine with using some other similar fruit (such as melons, squash, cantaloupes, honeydews, etc.)

And that's it! I hope you'll enjoy this fun little festive contest and giveaway. I am excited to see what you all can come up with!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators
On 10/22/2018 at 12:15 PM, Arch said:

Can u add a rule you need to have a paper with your nation id in the photo as well? Just so you can verify people actually did it

I considered it, but I'm not too worried about that, as it's going to be pretty hard to, say, google image search a politics & war related pumpkin carving :P

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Hey @Alex - Extend this out for a few more days.  I got a decent one in the works.  Seeing there's a lack of entries in, I think you should make another announcement somehow to let everybody know of the contest.

• Upvote 2

My entry for the competition, depicted is the symbol of the Elsecaller's - one of the orders of The Knights Radiant.

Nation ID: 114777

PS: Sorry for poor photo, I'm no artist/photographer :s

IMG_1864 (1).JPG

Edited by GoldyHammer
  • Upvote 5

ghstattrack90.png

• Administrators

I'm allowing a late entry from Robert Taber of the nation SeaUrchin https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=131690

BourKhan.jpg

So, with that, we've got 5 entries and I'll set up the vote here shortly.

Forums Rules | Game Link