Vanguard Declaration of Neutrality (DoN)

Darknight

8 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

What's with the downvotes against the OP, guys? Don't hate on the messenger; besides, Vanguard's choices are neutrality, attack an ally, or attack an ally. They can't reasonably be blamed for sitting this one out disappointing though it may be to some

It seems that some people cannot grasp the concept of foreign affairs.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

56 minutes ago, Peter Quill said:

Exactly, everyone knows you declare war when someone says they're neutral. Smh at all these noobs who haven't seen a DoN before.

• Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Respectable stance dudes. Ignore the detractors, ya'll keep doing you. 

• Upvote 1

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

What's with the downvotes against the OP, guys? Don't hate on the messenger; besides, Vanguard's choices are neutrality, attack an ally, or attack an ally. They can't reasonably be blamed for sitting this one out disappointing though it may be to some

2 hours ago, Peter Quill said:

Polaris non-Vanguard ties: NPO, Acadia
OWR non-Vanguard ties: BK
TUE non-Vanguard ties: BK, Animation Domination

I don't see any allies on the other side?

Edited by Hodor
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Peter Quill said:

You're supposed to punch the mad titan in the face when he's on the verge of defeat. 10/10 stragety against BK imo.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

9 hours ago, Kriegskoenig said:

"Big talk", eh?  Point it out.  Or do you merely mean words that are too long for you to understand, jokes that went over your head?  I don't see anyone threatening to hit you.

Odd that you, Komiko, who dearly love to join in on an easy win, and yet will indubitably squall about getting rekt in a dogpile, are so clearly upset that we don't join in on a dogpile of your making.

Hypocrisy much?  Are standards and morals a matter of convenience to you?  Do you even have an ethic other than, "because I can," or, "It's all ok as long as it helps me"?

Oh.  That's right.  You're a bank thief, a usurper, cheat, and a liar.  You have been known to have no ethics other than your own greed and shortsightedness, and the fact that anyone else could have valid reasons not to join you simply because "easy win," is probably completely baffling to you, if not absolutely beyond your comprehension.  You already know my words are true, deny it though you may.  The witnesses to your past know it all too well.

For you, we will not fight.  If, however, you want a piece of us, be forewarned that we will be happy to grind your nation to sand as long as it takes until your twee self gives up.  You cannot harm us; we simply do not care to be bullied into your bandwagons.  And you should know that because we have standards, loyalty, and honor, we have friends.  You have merely allies of convenience, and homes of convenience in alliances that will never trust you.   

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  You would do well to rehab your reputation and earn trust, rather than fling mindless threats and insults, as a chattering fool before the king's court.

History has already spoken. Long after you, and the long string of alliances you will have burned your way through, are gone, we will exist here, the same as we always were.  We have standards, absolutes, and constants.  You are but a feather in the wind, blown about at a whim.  From dust you came, and to dust you shall return, and those you presume to threaten will have watched your brief spark flash and die out, leaving no mark behind. 

requiescat in pace, clepta

I mean aside from the stuff in here that is just you and Komiko trying to compete on who has the more awful playstyle...

If you didn't want easy wins, you probably shouldn't have signed so many treaties. You're acting like you had no hand in your bloc ending up between two spheres, when you were actually the architects of that situation.

If you want to sit around and do nothing, that's fine. But, just own it, it's ballsier. I'd hate for anyone to think you a hypocrite!

• Upvote 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

[Blahblahblah]

If you didn't want easy wins, you probably shouldn't have signed so many treaties. You're acting like you had no hand in your bloc ending up between two spheres, when you were actually the architects of that situation.

If you want to sit around and do nothing, that's fine. But, just own it, it's ballsier. I'd hate for anyone to think you a hypocrite!

Mhmm. Seems like you have some decent thoughts here.  I'll respond for clarification.

(A) You seem to assume we want "wins" in signing treaties, and that we're between two spheres.  As other have pointed out we're not tied to both sides, only one.  We're independent, because we don't have a MDAP.  It wasn't that long ago that you and many, many others were upset that IQ was such a large bloc, there were so many treaties, and that we were "part of IQ." We've never been a member of IQ, just a friend, and perhaps now you can all finally understand that.  It's amusing that now it seems to disturb people that it turns out that they were wrong in the first place.

(B) We are happy to sit out some wars. We've been involved in every major dogpile that has happened so far, except for the TKR/TEst war.  Seems like you've got your war decently well in hand.  Dogpiling seemed unnecessary and does not achieve a goal for us.  As stated, we are happy to expend infra, resources, and lives for a good cause, or in the defense of our own or our allies.  We don't war merely for the sake of warring, or for an easy W on the scoreboard.  I'll own that anytime.

Any questions about how and why Vanguard operates, and what our ethics are, may be referred to WSxPhoenix and the other leaders of the bloc.  I can safely say that we're always happy to chat with anyone who stops by, and the door is open to all.

Thanks for your time.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

my downvote is less about the neutrality and more the insinuation that anybody finds them dangerous or threatening. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kriegskoenig said:

Mhmm. Seems like you have some decent thoughts here.  I'll respond for clarification.

(A) You seem to assume we want "wins" in signing treaties, and that we're between two spheres.  As other have pointed out we're not tied to both sides, only one.  We're independent, because we don't have a MDAP.  It wasn't that long ago that you and many, many others were upset that IQ was such a large bloc, there were so many treaties, and that we were "part of IQ." We've never been a member of IQ, just a friend, and perhaps now you can all finally understand that.  It's amusing that now it seems to disturb people that it turns out that they were wrong in the first place.

(B) We are happy to sit out some wars. We've been involved in every major dogpile that has happened so far, except for the TKR/TEst war.  Seems like you've got your war decently well in hand.  Dogpiling seemed unnecessary and does not achieve a goal for us.  As stated, we are happy to expend infra, resources, and lives for a good cause, or in the defense of our own or our allies.  We don't war merely for the sake of warring, or for an easy W on the scoreboard.  I'll own that anytime.

Any questions about how and why Vanguard operates, and what our ethics are, may be referred to WSxPhoenix and the other leaders of the bloc.  I can safely say that we're always happy to chat with anyone who stops by, and the door is open to all.

Thanks for your time.

Okay, I won't lie, you disarmed me a bit by coming back reasonable more than offended. But this is fun in a different way, so let's go with it. :D

I actually agree about dogpiles (I dislike the overall scope of this war quite intensely, but our front doesn't have this problem and I can't do much about the rest), and I don't have a problem with alliances sitting out of wars, per se (comes down to how much garbage they talk, essentially: I like judging alliances by what they state their own standards are). But if you want to say you only have agreements with the IQ side, you're kinda opening yourself up to that tangent when you cite friendship with the people they are attacking in your OP.

Vanguard, as a bloc, was intelligent enough to know the sides and tiers likely to be involved in this war. You were in a position to do more about it being a dogpile, and did not. It's easy for me to read your responses about the subtle nuances involved in that decision and I can even believe they may hold for some of the members within that bloc, but I don't yet believe it on the whole: words are words and actions are actions, and this is a nonaction.

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

8 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I mean I can’t downvote because Darknight is my friend lol. We’re both bronies actually. ?

• Upvote 1

Z98SzIG.png

2 hours ago, Anneal said:

I mean I can’t downvote because Darknight is my friend lol. We’re both bronies actually. ?

Oh noes. My secret is revealed. Now I’ll have to resign from TUE and form an outcast alliance. 3:

((Hiya Anneal!))

9 hours ago, Hodor said:

Polaris non-Vanguard ties: NPO, Acadia
OWR non-Vanguard ties: BK
TUE non-Vanguard ties: BK, Animation Domination

I don't see any allies on the other side?

Ok, I guess I hadn't actually checked... Those ties are mostly protectorates, though, so I guess what I should have said is "friends" instead of "allies". paperless!~

4 hours ago, Akuryo said:

my downvote is less about the neutrality and more the insinuation that anybody finds them dangerous or threatening. 

Alright, well that's fair enough. I still think they can be excused for the posturing considering the situation, but that's just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Darknight said:

Oh noes. My secret is revealed. Now I’ll have to resign from TUE and form an outcast alliance. 3:

((Hiya Anneal!))

I like how you be still flyin that ESA pip XD

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Ok, I guess I hadn't actually checked... Those ties are mostly protectorates, though, so I guess what I should have said is "friends" instead of "allies". paperless!~

Alright, well that's fair enough. I still think they can be excused for the posturing considering the situation, but that's just my opinion.

Stay away from VG/Polar ❤️ Don't really want to go yandere defending them if I don't have to :P 

22 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

I like how you be still flyin that ESA pip XD

Yeah. ESA was my first real alliance I joined in PnW. I figured I'd keep it on to remind myself of the very first alliance I joined. Even if it decayed and died years ago. It's a memoir of sorts. It also helps remind me that this community ain't bad and that you can foster some decent friendships here and have a blast of fun even when people start a Great War with the official CB as "Balance" and you have all the cloak and dagger stuff. It's nice. 

So yup, still flyin that ESA pip and I'll probably continue to fly it till the forum kicks the bucket and dies. Who knows. Mayhaps one day it shall change. But for now it shall be my public memoir of old times and my first time as a High Gov member on PnW.

Somewhere, this one's Foreign Affairs' skill shivers at the indecent CB. Desiring for more complex reasons to start a war. Heh.

8 hours ago, Sean Anthony said:

Instead of declaring Neutrality in the war, just form the Green Protection Agency at this point

When you form an alliance that doesn't end in you getting coup'd, I'm sure they will consider it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

12 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Someone say neutrals!? I’d fight you right now, but I’ve seen to misplaced my military temporarily. 

I think I found them, but I'm not sure. They kinda parachuted in and asked which direction TKR was. Had to drive them a couple hundred miles to the nearest neutral port city. I'm sure they'll return to you in a short, orderly, and timely manner.

I mean, if I had to write a public statement about being useless, I'd contract it out to Polaris too.

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1