$yndicate placeholder Dow

Prefonteen

4 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

Probably the safest investment in the game thanks to well 100/100. 

As much as people with hate to admit it this isn't really far off from being true.

I would say invest in NPO little guys or super whales. lol

Edited by Sephiroth

eastwood.jpg

59 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

As much as people with hate to admit it this isn't really far off from being true.

I would say invest in NPO little guys or super whales. lol

Does that mean you'll invest in me after the war ❤️

• Downvote 1

Rose and t$ are too quiet, I remember them way more incisive, it seem they don't want to put in all they have

I smell an evil snek plan to hit IQ with the help of alliances not involved in the war once they are done with us

Remember this post, not trying to ruin your coalition but I want to be the first noticing it

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Rose and t$ are too quiet, I remember them way more incisive, it seem they don't want to put in all they have

I smell an evil snek plan to hit IQ with the help of alliances not involved in the war once they are done with us

Remember this post, not trying to ruin your coalition but I want to be the first noticing it

More like the 20th person to warn me. Ah well, wouldn't you like that! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

You aren't little enough or Whale enough!

Image result for sorry bro gif

Pfft! You'll see, trust me. Give it like a week after the war you'll come begging, guaranteed. You and all your friends. We'll even have tapioca. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Micchan said:

The problem with this plan is that we'd need your help to pull it off.

Le1AjCa.png

49 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Nope sorry! But first from TKR? Does that count? 

First TKR after 20 means TKR has less conspiracy theorists or that TKR is not smart enough?

45 minutes ago, Auctor said:

awwww, don't worry. we all still think you're special.

In what way?

Nevermind, I'm special in every way

1 minute ago, Avakael said:

The problem with this plan is that we'd need your help to pull it off.

It all depens on who you can bring in

1 hour ago, Micchan said:

2 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

Nope sorry! But first from TKR? Does that count? 

First TKR after 20 means TKR has less conspiracy theorists or that TKR is not smart enough?

Somethings are best left unsaid? :P 

2 hours ago, Micchan said:

Remember this post. Not trying to ruin my coalition but I want to be the first one pointing it out post war.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

3 hours ago, Micchan said:

nvm.

Edited by Kastor
Ricky

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Ya'll don't understand, lol. If some shit like that were to actually happen, we'd almost never be able to work with almost anyone ever again. Betraying coalition mates in war has historically been seen as one of the highest offenses any alliance leadership can make. We hypothetically would embrace that stigma for what? There is negative to gain. 

At least have an even semi-realistic conspiracy theory. 

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

2 hours ago, Roquentin said:

I coined the term not to comprise any specific group of alliances, but rather a style of play, one in which someone minimizes the risks by joining the group least likely to take damage, that is more coordinated, has more upper tier etc. Like it or not, many gravitate to the TKRsphere(if you don't like EMC) because it guarantees a certain level of material benefit because it has meant never losing, never taking significant damage, and so on. It's not because they like the books in most cases.  This is a problem because it's momentum that constantly builds upon itself. If people think joining the TKRsphere is a path to perpetual success and dominance, then it just keeps repeating. If it means you can avoid challenges, you can avoid growth being hampered, and so on, that's attractive to a lot of people and alliances especially when its cornerstone alliance has held #1 for 2 years. We've always seen the trend that people gravitated to the winning side e.g. GPA rebranding to TCW and going under your wing. That was the safest bet rather than remaining neutral. When other neutral alliances have been rolled, the members tend to gravitate to the winning side. In essence, it's EMC because being in the sphere means you have an easy mode experience of the game and that's how people see it. That's why there's tons of incentive to try to counteract the perception that there is any safe, relatively risk-free, land of milk and honey.

it's also why this is happening. Would it make sense for anyone besides TKR and co for the EMC pattern to continue? Not really. 

While true, your bloc has almost exactly the same problems for exactly the same reasons; the main difference is that TKRsphere is safer for whales while IQ and Syndisphere are fundamentally safer for lower tiers and newbies. This momentum constantly builds upon itself, results in the same compounding growth albeit with different particulars, and results in the same resentment/realpolitik against you, and if you end up truly unconquerable... then the game is over, and we're right back to CN-style stagnation. You've taken the easy-mode approach just as hard as EMC ever has, you realize that right? If your bloc gains the perception of being risk-free easy growth land, then you haven't defeated EMC... you've become it.

TKRsphere, IQ, and Syndisphere all represent exactly the same balance problems in that regard. I trust you understand that.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

12 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

While true, your bloc has almost exactly the same problems for exactly the same reasons; the main difference is that TKRsphere is safer for whales while IQ and Syndisphere are fundamentally safer for lower tiers and newbies. This momentum constantly builds upon itself, results in the same compounding growth albeit with different particulars, and results in the same resentment/realpolitik against you, and if you end up truly unconquerable... then the game is over, and we're right back to CN-style stagnation. You've taken the easy-mode approach just as hard as EMC ever has, you realize that right? If your bloc gains the perception of being risk-free easy growth land, then you haven't defeated EMC... you've become it.

TKRsphere, IQ, and Syndisphere all represent exactly the same balance problems in that regard. I trust you understand that.

There is a fundamental difference between What TKR has been, and what IQ might become. One has already done it, one has not. IQ has not had a chance to sit upon the "throne" of the game. Will they help foster a more interesting political environment? There's at least a chance. I would say there's almost a certainty of some interesting politics happen over the months that follow this wars end. Those politics could foster less interesting, but continued movement til eventually we reach a point similar to where we are now. The question is how strong will the powers that be, actually be and will there be enough people whom give a fark around to do something about it. 

Personally for me, this war is what I came back for. It's what I've been working on for some time. TKR's side of things is too top-tier heavy as should be evident by how quickly the first wave was beat back against Guardian with the GoB/Telsa counters. GoB and to an extent tCW are the exact reason why I advocated regular culling of the GPA whales. Alliances whom are allowed to sit out of fights and simply grow while the rest of the game spats and stagnates growth for war creates this huge top tier imbalances. It's part of the reason TEst was planning on splitting into three different all, there needed to be a different dynamic. When you become a such an issue to where the majority of the game unites against you, you're clearly a problem. TEst being obliterated was a good thing. TKR getting dethroned is a good thing. If the top tier is able to be rolled in this war it's an even better thing. If IQ becomes the next group that becomes large enough of a problem that invokes this sort of reaction, then so be it. It's up to the figures of the game at that time to act. The thing is what happens after this war isn't remotely certain, and I can say that confidently as someone who's been in the private conversations all the way leading up to this, but there's the potential for interesting things.

And I'll take potential over what's been the games political environment since the departure of TEst. 

Didn't mean to ramble. Guess I should join Grumpy post war. 

100.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

31 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

How dare t$ help foster a sphere which sits close enough to one dominant sphere to be downdeclared on yet in range of the lower tier hivemind. Shame on us for playing on easy mode!

os9LcJK.gif

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

There is a fundamental difference between What TKR has been, and what IQ might become. One has already done it, one has not. IQ has not had a chance to sit upon the "throne" of the game. Will they help foster a more interesting political environment? There's at least a chance. I would say there's almost a certainty of some interesting politics happen over the months that follow this wars end. Those politics could foster less interesting, but continued movement til eventually we reach a point similar to where we are now. The question is how strong will the powers that be, actually be and will there be enough people whom give a fark around to do something about it. 

Personally for me, this war is what I came back for. It's what I've been working on for some time. TKR's side of things is too top-tier heavy as should be evident by how quickly the first wave was beat back against Guardian with the GoB/Telsa counters. GoB and to an extent tCW are the exact reason why I advocated regular culling of the GPA whales. Alliances whom are allowed to sit out of fights and simply grow while the rest of the game spats and stagnates growth for war creates this huge top tier imbalances. It's part of the reason TEst was planning on splitting into three different all, there needed to be a different dynamic. When you become a such an issue to where the majority of the game unites against you, you're clearly a problem. TEst being obliterated was a good thing. TKR getting dethroned is a good thing. If the top tier is able to be rolled in this war it's an even better thing. If IQ becomes the next group that becomes large enough of a problem that invokes this sort of reaction, then so be it. It's up to the figures of the game at that time to act. The thing is what happens after this war isn't remotely certain, and I can say that confidently as someone who's been in the private conversations all the way leading up to this, but there's the potential for interesting things.

And I'll take potential over what's been the games political environment since the departure of TEst. 

Didn't mean to ramble. Guess I should join Grumpy post war.

(Spoilered because wordy scarfpost wall o text, tl;dr at bottom)

I would argue that for what TKRsphere is in the top tier, IQ and Syndisphere are for the mid and low tiers. Yes, the top tier is richer. Yes, the top tiers have long since become able to spend more on growth for lack of needing to actually spend money in any form other than rapidly maturing investments. Yes, I agree that TKRsphere is long overdue for their rolling. TKRsphere represents a balance problem, I don't dispute any of that.

What I'm saying is that TKRsphere's economic snowballing at the top tier is far from P&W's only potential or actual balance problem. IQ and Syndisphere's growth potential and military potential outstrips the economic and military potential of TKRsphere by a factor of at least two due to player-count alone, and with their dominance of the mid-tier they present a daunting problem for any potential recruitment effort by TKRsphere for the remainder of the war. Sure, TKRsphere can be/is a safe and comfy retirement home for whales, but how many more whales come into existence every day compared to how fast and intensely IQ and Syndisphere are capable of growing? And unless IQ/Syndisphere literally decide to stop growing, then their updeclare range will eventually intersect TKRsphere's top tier regardless purely due to the exponentially mounting costs of new cities at the top tier. If IQ maintains relations with Syndisphere and together they sit upon the "throne" of the game, then there is simply no bloc nor set of blocs that could do anything interesting involving them. Once that happens, the majority of the game will indeed be united, and all spheres outside of that bloc will be unable to tier themselves out of striking range or engage in any meaningful way outside of being dogpiled or huge updeclares. At that point what possible powers would be or even potentially could be there to oppose them? I've seen this pattern in about a dozen of these games by now, and I have never once seen this pattern fail to result in the servers ultimately becoming barren, the communities emigrating to living games.

The point that I'm trying to make is that for all the potential good this power shift can do, the threat of the major blocs going easy-mode is still very much there, and something that both IQ and Syndisphere stand to gain much by. Why wouldn't they take the throne and not give it up? Why wouldn't they replace TKRsphere as the easy-mode, no-risk, forever growing safe zone, only instead of there being a coalition twice their size able to take them down they instead outnumber the rest of the game? Easy-mode itself is the problem, not EMC; and it's an inescapable, inevitable, and in the worst case unsolvable problem no matter how large nor how small the hegemony is. If the hegemony became larger than the rest of the game combined, and it chose to never splinter, then the game would be forever lost. Yet by your logic, attempting to oppose that stagnant bloc and breathe life into the game would make everyone else the problem?

The potential for interesting things to happen and for the game to burst with vitality and dynamism is indeed here, but so is the potential for the final hegemony to ascend to an unconquerable height and end the game, forever. I don't know how to stop this doom, I don't know how to prevent it; all I know is that scenario is something I personally will always oppose. I've fought that war a dozen times, and a dozen times I've lost; all my efforts unable to prevent the game from becoming an inactive wasteland.

Tl;dr: EMC is still EMC, even if it's IQ or Syndisphere.

1 hour ago, Prefonteen said:

How dare t$ help foster a sphere which sits close enough to one dominant sphere to be downdeclared on yet in range of the lower tier hivemind. Shame on us for playing on easy mode!

I have no idea what you're talking about. All I know is that I'm seeing a coalition of over half of the game dogpiling the top sphere. As good as that is, there still would be a problem if you guys decided to take that power and sit on it, playing the same easy-mode game as TKRsphere.

And hey, maybe you won't; but when it comes down to it, that's your choice to make. I only hope you're wise enough to not be hypocritical and not do exactly what you're condemning TKRsphere for.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
there we go geez

40 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Words

That was less of a wall of text, and more like a fence of text. I don't fully disagree with what was said either. I've always said mass tier consolidation is bad at any tier. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif