$yndicate placeholder Dow

Prefonteen

17 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Snip

That is not what I'm really referring to here. After you used that phrase it was applied to a coalition/sphere of alliances that had TKR and Rose at their FA center and other large alliances like Pantheon making up the core.

I am addressing the irony in referring to this as a victory over EMC when EMC voluntarily imploded a year ago and now half of that sphere is fighting on the other side

Edited by Smith
  • Like 2

C0r3Fye.png

53 minutes ago, Smith said:

I am addressing the irony in referring to this as a victory over EMC when EMC voluntarily imploded a year ago and now half of that sphere is fighting on the other side

That is true to an extent.  Up until recent months, “EMC” still existed with back room diplomacy.

In fact, it’s what IQ leaders spoke about initially when treaties were being cut.

When certain moves happened (Creation of TGH-KT bloc, Partisan leading Syndicate, etc) - that backroom stuff was starting to get put away.

You are right about the irony of the situation though.  EMC did implode voluntarily, but it took time to do so.

13 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

That is true to an extent.  Up until recent months, “EMC” still existed with back room diplomacy.

In fact, it’s what IQ leaders spoke about initially when treaties were being cut.

When certain moves happened (Creation of TGH-KT bloc, Partisan leading Syndicate, etc) - that backroom stuff was starting to get put away.

You are right about the irony of the situation though.  EMC did implode voluntarily, but it took time to do so.

The point I'm making is it's strange to say you are fighting EMC when half of the alliances that made up EMC are fighting on your side. It would be like if BK and Acadia attacked NPO and GoG and said they achieved victory over IQ. 

Edited by Smith

C0r3Fye.png

40 minutes ago, Smith said:

The point I'm making is it's strange to say you are fighting EMC when half of the alliances that made up EMC are fighting on your side. It would be like if BK and Acadia attacked NPO and GoG and said they achieved victory over IQ. 

The only odd one in that analogy would be BK.  Acadia is like...  the indecisive red headed step child female that can't make up it's mind if it's in IQ or not, and deserves to be beaten for that reason (And many others) at every opportunity.

But I did get your point.

1 hour ago, Smith said:

That is not what I'm really referring to here. After you used that phrase it was applied to a coalition/sphere of alliances that had TKR and Rose at their FA center and other large alliances like Pantheon making up the core.

Not much irony. EMC is a coalition made up around the spine TKR-tS-Guardian. Up until what this summer (2months ago or maybe a little before) EMC still existed with paperless agreements and backroom agreements. TCLs announcement was made what December/Jan? It took 8-9 months before any changes happened. The core remained, tS moved onto Syndisphere and the rest are still intact, so EMC is still quite applicable here, and thats further understated by the couple of pick ups you've had from the IQ side of folks wanting a more "EMC" approach to functioning. 

20 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Not much irony. EMC is a coalition made up around the spine TKR-tS-Guardian. Up until what this summer (2months ago or maybe a little before) EMC still existed with paperless agreements and backroom agreements. TCLs announcement was made what December/Jan? It took 8-9 months before any changes happened. The core remained, tS moved onto Syndisphere and the rest are still intact, so EMC is still quite applicable here, and thats further understated by the couple of pick ups you've had from the IQ side of folks wanting a more "EMC" approach to functioning. 

EMC was a sphere that was built around TKR and Rose FA. Saying t$ were one of the key players and not Rose is complete revisionist history. 

C0r3Fye.png

The folks on this side of the conflict have demonstrated themselves to be much more historically dynamic(tm) in their approach to politics than their opponents. Lets keep that in mind and save the end of the game talks for a bit later.  TKR hasn't even loss #1 yet <_<

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

3 minutes ago, Smith said:

EMC was a sphere that was built around TKR and Rose FA. Saying t$ were one of the key players and not Rose is complete revisionist history. 

Fair enough. Like I pointed out on discord the other day though, Rose was the only real clean break. The rest of the sphere more or less remained intact for months after that. 

5 minutes ago, Hilmes said:

The folks on this side of the conflict have demonstrated themselves to be much more historically dynamic(tm) in their approach to politics than their opponents. Lets keep that in mind and save the end of the game talks for a bit later.  TKR hasn't even loss #1 yet <_<

Give us a few turns. This time tomorrow should be number 4. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Mad Titan said:

Give us a few turns. This time tomorrow should be number 4. 

image.jpeg.2231f31d5c532840b4e1c9b0b880fce9.jpeg

PvczX3n.jpg?1

8 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

Fair enough. Like I pointed out on discord the other day though, Rose was the only real clean break. The rest of the sphere more or less remained intact for months after that. 

Even working with that logic, t$ is attacking us now is pretty clean and goes back to my "half of EMC is on the other side" point :P 

Edited by Smith

C0r3Fye.png

10 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

It cracks me up to hear Roq and Pre talk about the evils of tier consolidation.  Roq the guy that took Mensa's idea of consolidating tiers and turned it into a block sized edict.  Pre the guy that forced alliances like mine to form a secret block with other upper tier alliances so that we could protect ourselves from Test back when they were happily raiding any one or anything in range because they knew no single alliance could stop them.

I'm just glad that this war is somehow Mensa's fault. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Did 5 minutes ag, post the thread alreadyy

Hilmesfinished.jpg

Ah yes, I see NPO has taken their rightful place atop the leader boards. I hope this pleases lord Roq. 

• Upvote 1

PvczX3n.jpg?1

On 10/19/2018 at 11:46 PM, Prefonteen said:

Server-related mishaps murdered my wall of text. This servers as a placeholder for 

The $yndicates declaration of war on The Commonwealth.

While the official Declaration of War may come later, we do have a message for you.

tumblr_ovdl9wJ8j71qcjdkko1_400.gif

Edited by Memph

9 hours ago, Flame of the Flawed said:

You can certainly be concerned about whatever alliances you'd like, but I will say that statistical #1 alliances in this game have a fairly poor track record of actually being the most powerful alliance. It has happened obviously, but it is against the norm.

Isn't too soon for propaganda ? :P 
zrviaJn.png

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

2 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Isn't too soon for propaganda ? :P 
zrviaJn.png

Oh man that screenshot fills me with nostalgia. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil