War Propaganda (19th October 2018+ War)

Avakael

1 hour ago, Curufinwe said:

Is that when everyone in TKR is scheduled to come out of vmode?

Holy shit, this was a good burn of a reply.

EDIT:

@Justin076 @Vahak- You need to use the DOOM image with the Doot Doot Skeleton in the background and make that one Fark with their abysmal entry into the war.

Edited by Buorhann

There you go, @Sir Scarfalot.  Someone has been enlightened to your strategy finally from our previous war.  Unfortunately doing so while exposing herself to Missile spam right back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smith said:

jZVkHxb.png

EHG7Bjs.png

Also, are you going to drop a missile on me or what? 

• Upvote 2

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Just now, Smith said:

I'm waiting on an unrelated response from Scarfalot at the moment. 

Great, I'll be expecting an unrelated missile in a few hours from the unrelated MAPs you've been saving up in our unrelated war. ?

• Upvote 5

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

5 minutes ago, TheNG said:

Great, I'll be expecting an unrelated missile in a few hours from the unrelated MAPs you've been saving up in our unrelated war. ?

Hahaha I would never do that...

the fool... everything is going according to plan

• Upvote 2

C0r3Fye.png

4 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Another set of economic projects has been sacrificed in favor of the best project, and thus Scarf is summoned ?

There’s only one way to use missiles: Often!

Reveal hidden contents

--Scarfy's guide to missile warfare--

Missiles are quite possibly the single most practical weapon in P&W, right alongside aircraft. They're deeply underrated and often underestimated, but make no mistake: with good technique, they can be an incredibly valuable addition to your military forces in the right circumstances. The main thing you have to realize about missiles is that they are not a replacement for conventional forces, but rather a supplement. Still, they are incredibly helpful, especially if you focus heavily on a few targets. The real strength of missiles is in their cost; each missile is easily affordable off the login bonus alone.

Naturally, you need to launch missiles as often as possible, but since you only have one missile per day you need to choose your targets wisely. If your opponents are using airstrikes, and avoiding beiging, then you have plenty of time to launch several missiles per round. I always tried to ensure that I missiled my attackers at least once, but realistically they're going to be declaring 'ordinary' and 'raid' wars against someone with missiles and/or nukes, and they'll be equipped with Iron Dome/VDS if possible. The obvious counter to that is to choose better targets with your own offensive slots and go nuts.

The technique I followed during the 69 day war was to consistently declare 'attrition' wars against as many and as weak opponents as I could possibly downdeclare on. Prioritize marginally active players, anyone with extremely high infrastructure, anyone with a weak navy or ground, inactives with full military improvements, and of course avoid anyone with an Iron Dome unless their infrastructure is especially high. If you declare your own wars aggressively, then you can always ensure that you've got at least 5 attrition wars going on at any given time, and you can aim for the best possible targets on top of that.

Targetting enemies with high infrastructure is obvious, but infrastructure damage is only one small part of the damage missiles truly do. Missiles can be set to target a specific improvement category, which is why you need to consider targetting opponents with full military. If you attack someone who has 100% of their military improvements filled up completely, you actually can destroy an entire improvements' worth of military with your missile shot. This can be as weak as killing 3k soldiers, or it can be as good as destroying 18 aircraft, 5 ships, or 250 tanks, each of which represent a fair chunk of resources. If your chosen missile target doesn't have nearly completely full military though, then you're probably better off targetting civil improvements. Those are uniformly expensive and important for them to rebuild in order to maintain their militarization levels. If they've got stadiums and stadiums alone in their commerce slot then that is also a valid target, since those cost a bunch too, and commerce is useful for them to avoid bill lock while they run high military and low infrastructure (which will naturally happen if you missile intensely enough).

Critically, missiles also cause 18 resistance damage if they land, which is 100% guaranteed if the opponent doesn't have an ID. Since you can launch missiles once every day, you can actually beige an opponent off that alone. That said, however, it's mostly useful in order to flip a hard-fought war into your favor after you've shaved off a lot of resistance using tank flashes or doublebuys, soldier doublebuys, or even naval flashes or doublebuys. If you target marginally active opponents or opponents with seriously weakened navies or ground, then you can shave off their resistance faster than they might expect. If you don't outright beige them off of that, you'll at least get the war down to the low 30s, and then it's only a couple of spare missiles to your victory. (2 missiles = 36 resistance.) If you're outnumbered, then you don't have anything to lose by going straight for the beige, and it really hits casuals hard when the game tells them they were "defeated" even while their alliance swears up and down that they're winning. I've seen people ragequit on account of that, which of course results in easy raids later on down the line for you to refill resources on, and one less enemy filling your slots.

Missiles are countered by Iron Dome but only so much; I've said it before, but just think statistically. Each Iron Dome has a 50% chance of nullifying a missile, so each missile is 'statistically' 50% as effective as it otherwise would be. Therefore, it's still a good bet to launch a missile at a 2k infra city with full military since the expected payoff is statistically more than the cost of the missile. Missiles are really truly countered by war type, which is why you need to force that factor to be in your favor by declaring your own attrition wars. This is why you need to declare your own wars aggressively, I can't stress that enough. Also, don't forget the spy war; do your best with spies and they can help a ton with good timing and coordination with your allies.

Theoretically, I recommend using nuclear weapons the same way; fire them at opponents in order to shave resistance off whenever you don't have a conventional attack option. Nukes are far more difficult to spam since you need to have a fairly large chunk of change on hand (large in terms of what you're realistically going to have while waging missile war, anyway) to build, but they're super useful when you can use them.

tl;dr: Conventional attacks first. Doublebuy soldiers whenever possible, flash tanks or navy to pressure your opponents, and build aircraft during any beige you have. Declare aggressively and intelligently, and consider your targets before committing to missiles. Don't forget spies, and coordinate with your allies.

In the end, positivity and diligence are the most vital factors in wars like these. Take advantage of your opponents deficiencies in those respects, and don't let them get to you. The psychological war is where you will face the most danger, but it also is the one front where victory is truly lasting. Beige is no defeat, and losing is no more final than you let it be.

Good luck.

+1 for the guide. We don't have that kind of tutorials here in BK. All we get is a Airplanes 101 and why not to build tanks lecture.

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Cosme12 said:

+1 for the guide. We don't have that kind of tutorials here in BK. All we get is a Airplanes 101 and why not to build tanks lecture.

Well, I've been meaning to write up a comprehensive guide to modern P&W warfare principles; that was just a draft of my missile section. Unfortunately I've been a tad distracted with the test server tournament (and distracted with being a lazy bum).

• Like 1