Multiple Project Suggestions

Grendel

• Wiki Mod

All of the above are OP. A few could maybe be balanced down, but several are unbalance-able.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

National project name: Climate Change Prevention Center

Small description: Pollution has become a major problem, to combat that were making recycling centers more efficient.

Project effect: Increases Recycling centers' efficiency from 70 to 90

Resource cost: 1,500 steal 1,500 Aluminum

Cash cost: 35,000,000

OK I have another suggestion this one is only semi-serious....

National project name: Gigantic Drilling Bore

Small description: This will construct a monolithic city-sized drilling platform which will rapidly bore deep into the earth, discovering large amounts of resources buried deep below the surface. Unfortunately however the drilling will damage and destabilize the crust of the planet, potentially causing earthquakes.

Project effect: Produces a large amount of basic resources per turn, the type of resources depends on what continent your nation is on. A random chance every turn that earthquakes will destroy infrastructure in your cities.

Resource cost: I dunno, alot.

Edited by Itani Corsus

National Project Name : Grand Stadiums

Small Description : This project will bring your stadiums to the modern century. Outfitted with big screens, massive stands, and even more parking.

Project Effect : Increases the commerce produced by Stadiums by 7% (18% to 25%). Operation costs increased to $1150 per turn (up from $1013)

Cost : $10-$15mil, 1k steel, 1k aluminum

Reasoning : This project would allow you to reduce slot usage. At both current 100% and 115% setups, you would be able to drop 2 banks, while still suffering from an increased operation cost so that it's not completely free slots.

National Project Name :  [i couldn't think of a name for this. Something something Land Seizures]

Small Description : The Federal Government needs more room to expand!

Project Effect : Decreases the cost of buying land by 10%

Cost : $30mil, 1k aluminum, 1k gas

Reasoning : Land is expensive, yo! But land also lasts forever and cannot be destroyed or looted in battle. This could potentially encourage people to buy more land early on, which would also increase their food haul. While I don't consider this project a necessary addition anytime soon, I do think it'd be worth the project slot eventually. Better early then later.

National Project Name : Satellite Weapons System

Small Description : Hide yo wives, hide yo daughters, hide yo husbands, and hide yo nukes... in space!

Project Effect : Allows you to hide 2 nuclear weapons in satellite weapon systems in space where enemy spies cannot get to them. Increases nuclear upkeep by $15,000 ($52,500 up to $67,500) when at war

Cost : $60mil, 2k steel, 2k munitions

Reasoning : Nukes are expensive, losing them to spy attacks can suck. Add a way to make it so that if you only have 2 nuclear missiles left, spies can't reach them. Increases the cost to maintain nukes when at war as the price for keeping them safely hidden away. I do think the upkeep cost could be increased even more, but was unsure where a good level was.

• Upvote 1

National Project Name: Federal Bureau of Investigation

Small Description: Federal Bureau of Investigation is a domestic intelligence and security national project that increases your Spy recruitment rate and reduces the amount of crime throughout the nation. It does not increase your cap on Spies or affect Spy production.

Project Effect: Allows recruitment of up to 4 spies a day and 1% reduction in crime for each city in the nation.

Resource Cost: 125 Munitions, 250 Steel

Cash Cost: 2 million

I was going to call this one "Urban Renewal" but there's already a Central Intelligence Agency national project, so why not this? The effect on spy recruitment rate is from the "intelligence" part of the FBI's purpose and the effect on crime is from the "security" part. This is useful for people who don't want to put a Police Station in every city to keep the crime rate down and people who are rebuilding their spy forces after an attack or for really any situation where more spies may be needed in a hurry and promising FBI recruits are poached for service in the CIA.

The increased Spy recruitment rate works as a covert equivalent of the Propaganda Bureau. The munitions are to arm the FBI, the steel is to produce dull, boring facilities for them to hang out in when they're not solving X-Files. Err, I mean crime. Yes, lots and lots of crime.

National Project Name: Center for Disease Control

Small Description: Center for Disease Control is a national project that reduces the amount of disease throughout the nation.

Project Effect: 1% reduction in disease for each city in the nation.

Resource Cost: 125 Gasoline, 250 Aluminum

Cash Cost: 2 million

Originally called "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention," but honestly that is much too long a name to be displayed properly on a Nation page. Plus, everyone calls it the CDC anyway, not the CDCP. Simply enough, this is the "I don't want to build Hospitals, but want less disease" National Project equivalent of the FBI. The gas is for all the jets and helicopters they have to fly getting to the site of an outbreak, the aluminum is to construct shiny futuristic facilities that probably wasted more taxpayer money than was necessary, but look darn cool.

National Project Name: Green Spaces Initiative

Small Description: Green Spaces Initiative is a national project that reduces the pollution that comes with national expansion.

Project Effect: 10 points removed from the Pollution Index for each city in your nation, reducing the overall national Pollution Index accordingly.

Resource Cost: 125 Gasoline, 125 Oil, 125 Steel, 125 Aluminum, 500 Uranium

Cash Cost: 3 million

Like many people who have already posted, I'm concerned with reducing the amount of pollution in my nation without allocating too many improvement slots to Recycling Centers. Perhaps something like this, even if it can't be implemented as-is, could be useful. The cost in Gasoline, Oil, Aluminum, Steel, and particularly Uranium represents removing pollutants from the nation: fossil fuels causing air pollution, oil runoff into bodies of water, physical waste in the land, and radioactive waste.

Maybe the resource cost for some of these should be 250 instead of 125, but there are so many of them that I thought this made more sense. The reason why the cost in Uranium is higher is for two reasons: 1) Only one National Project has a Uranium cost, so this gives a non-war-related National Project use for it and 2) It causes a lot of pollution-related problems, particularly when armed in a nuclear warhead, so requiring a lot of it to be destroyed makes sense.

The monetary costs for all three are relatively low because A.) their benefits are not as great as other National Projects and B.) other peacetime projects like Civil Engineering and Mass Irrigation cost 3 mil each, so it's in line with those.

All three of these represent additional national projects for people who want to focus on nation-building instead of war or have already purchased all the other National Projects and want something else to spend money/resources on. Plus, it brings the FBI and CDC into the National Project sphere to join the CIA in a meaningful, if not terribly impactful, way.

Edited by AstraKatG

Above suggestion is cool, but I would change the name to "Criminal Investigation Bureau" just because FBI is an American specific term, also "Federal" presupposes that the nation is a federation, which obviously isn't the case for many nations in the game.

Above suggestion is cool, but I would change the name to "Criminal Investigation Bureau" just because FBI is an American specific term, also "Federal" presupposes that the nation is a federation, which obviously isn't the case for many nations in the game.

If that's the case, why not call it National Investigation Bureau?  ;)

Yeah, I'm not married to the name either, I just took my cue from the CIA National Project name, lol.

National project name: Manufacture Expenditure

Small description: allows to max out the cap. of Manufacture from 3 to 5

Project effect: allows to max out the cap. of Manufacture from 3 to 5 and each extra factory generates double amount of pollution due to (joint effect)

Resource cost: Aluminium 3000 Steel 2000 Gasoline 2000 Munition 2000

Cash cost: $20million

Edited by Arthur James
  • Upvote 1

If that's the case, why not call it National Investigation Bureau?  ;)

That's cool too.

Yeah, I'm not married to the name either, I just took my cue from the CIA National Project name, lol.

CIA name is annoying too, but I'll only complain about one thing at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

National project name: National Dam Project or National Hydro-Electric Plant

Small description: Generate a small, free amount of power to each city.

Project effect: Equivalent of a free windmill to each city.

Resource cost: Steel, Gasoline, Aluminum costs. Depends on how much Sheepy wishes.

Cash cost: I estimate $30,000,000 for the reason it does not cost a improvement slot and it is a guaranteed 250 power source for every city built in each nation.

• Upvote 5

National project name: National Power Grid

Small description: Link your cities' power grids, allowing shared power-plant use.

Project effect: Cities can share use of their power plants. Best example, 1 nuclear power plant could power upto two cities at infra =< 1000, as opposed to currently needing 2 nuclear power plants, one to power each city. Power need is based on national need, not each city's need, and in process freeing up several infra-slots throughout nation.

Resource cost: 500 x Steel

500 x Aluminum

Cash cost: 2,500,000

• Upvote 2

ScientificHumanism.png

National project name: Futurism

Small description: Advancement beyond modern technology to allow for futuristic capabilities

Project effect: 

• -2% cost for projects
  • -2% cost for infrastructure
  • -2% cost for cities
  • +2% income bonus
  • +2% food production
  • +2% steel production
  • +2% coal production
  • +2% iron production
  • +2% gas production
  • +2% oil production
  • +2% uranium production
  • +2% aluminum production
  • +2% bauxite production
  • +2% lead production
  • +2% munitions production

Resource cost:

• 15,000 aluminum
  • 20,000 steel
  • 10,000 gas
  • 1,000 uranium

Cash cost: 100,000,000

Edited by Prezyan
  • Upvote 2

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

National project name: Space Program

Small description: This will begin a colossal industrial, engineering and scientific effort for your nation to build rockets capable of being blasted into orbit.

Project effect: Allows your nation to build space rockets to put satellites into orbit. Makes your Missiles 5% more destructive due to improved rocket technologies.

Resource cost: 100 million money, 10000 gas, 8000 steel, 10000 aluminum.

National project name: Weather Satellite

Small description: This will construct a space rocket carrying a weather satellite and launch it into orbit. Weather Satellites allows your nation to accurately predict weather such as rainfall, improving your nation's agriculture. Requires a Space Program to be built.

Project effect: Food production rates increase from (City Land/300) per Farm to (City Land/250) per Farm, or (City Land/250) per Farm to (City Land/200) if stacked with Mass Irrigation.

Resource cost: 40 million money, 5000 gas, 7000 aluminum.

National project name: Military Satellite

Small description: This will construct a space rocket carrying a military satellite and launch it into orbit. During wartime Military Satellites photograph the locations and movements of enemy military forces, allowing your military forces to fight more effectively. Requires a Space Program to be built.

Project effect: Increases the efficacy of your Soldiers, Tanks, Aircraft and Naval Ships by 20%. Increases the destructive power of your Missiles by 5%.

Resource cost: 40 million money, 5000 gas, 7000 aluminum.

National project name: Grand Citadel

Small description: This Fortress stands as a testament to your nation's defensive prowess. It's grand walls protect your border.

Project effect: Grants nation a 10% bonus in defensive combat. 

Resource cost:

steel.png7,500

aluminum.png7,500

oil.png10,000
money.png$50,000,000

• Upvote 2

Fire is nice eh?

• 3 weeks later...

National Project Name :  [i couldn't think of a name for this. Something something Land Seizures]

Small Description : The Federal Government needs more room to expand!

Project Effect : Decreases the cost of buying land by 10%

Cost : $30mil, 1k aluminum, 1k gas

Reasoning : Land is expensive, yo! But land also lasts forever and cannot be destroyed or looted in battle. This could potentially encourage people to buy more land early on, which would also increase their food haul. While I don't consider this project a necessary addition anytime soon, I do think it'd be worth the project slot eventually. Better early then later.

Obvious name is "Eminent Domain"

☾☆

Priest of Dio

National project name: Black Market

Small description: Establishes an underground economy of secret trading outside the official economy.

Project effect: Allows a nation that is blockaded during war to make a single trade deal (buying or selling) a day.

National project name: Coal Liquefaction Plant

Small description: An industrial plant which converts Coal into Oil through liquefaction process.

Project effect: Converts an amount of Coal into Oil per day/turn (I'll leave the numbers up to admin)

National project name: Government Headquarters

Small description: Builds a headquarters for your government's administration, allowing your nation's domestic policies to be better organized and implemented.

Project effect: Allows your nation to switch Domestic Policy once every two days instead of five days.

National project name: Government Headquarters

Small description: Builds a headquarters for your government's administration, allowing your nation's domestic policies to be better organized and implemented.

Project effect: Allows your nation to switch Domestic Policy once every two days instead of five days.

I think switching every two days is a little too overpowered, once every 3 or 4 days seems like a better compromise, but I quite like the idea.

Also, the name is fairly meh, how about A.D.M.I.N Civil Headquarters(Administrative Domestic Mass Implementation Nationwide Civil Headquarters) or some other quirky name for the project.

• 3 weeks later...

National project name: Military Headquarters

Small description: Builds a headquarters for your military's central command, allowing your nation's war policies to be better organized and implemented.

Project effect: Allows your nation to switch War Policy once every three days instead of five days.

National project name: Fortified Bank Vault (think Fort Knox)

Small description: Builds a impregnable concrete fort with an underground bank vault beneath it, storing large amounts of your nation's money.

Project effect: During war it reduces the amount of money that can be looted by 30%.

National project name: Coin Mint

Small description: A facility that manufacturers currency coins which are released into public circulation, increasing trade and commerce.

Project effect: Increases gross income by 2%.

National project name: Mass Production

Small description: Advanced automation technology in your military industry, improving the speed of production by standardizing products on assembly lines.

Project effect: Increases the number of Tanks, Aircraft and Ships you can build per day by 15%. It doesn't increase the caps on these units, and it doesn't affect Spies, Missiles or Nuclear Weapons.

National project name: Research Facility

Small description: Inside this facilities the best and brightest scientists, engineers and experts research new interesting technologies for your nation.

Project effect: Increases the amount of Perk Points your nation gets (you know, if Perks ever get implemented :rolleyes:)

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

National project name: Low Orbit Ion Cannon

Small description: Uh, it wasn't us!

Project effect: Increases the chance of destroying a military improvement in any given attack by 50%

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

National project name: Low Orbit Ion Cannon

Small description: Uh, it wasn't us!

Project effect: Increases the chance of destroying a military improvement in any given attack by 50%

Naw. This project should make any member you are at war with refresh the p/w site every other page he loads.

-signature removed for rules violation-

I think some tune ups to existing projects may be good as well

1st thing, I think the propaganda Beuro needs a buff, maybe even just up to 15%

2ndly, the Vital defense system should work a bit like the Hidden Nuclear missile silo in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), protecting up to 5 of your nukes from spies. Spies are to strong at taking down nukes here, and the VDS could use a buff of some sort(I think a higher block chance is bad for it)

3rdly, lets have the Uranium enrichment plant also allow for more uranium extraction from the land(2 mines per city, up to 4 mines per city). Uranium is a terrible resource to have, not only for it's bad profit, but also for it's super low mine cap. This will also help fix that

Edited by Fistandantilus