Multiple Project Suggestions

Grendel

Project name: Free Trade Center

Small description: increases nation's access to global trade

Project effect: increases crime by 0.1% in all cities, increases average income by 10$ in all cities

Resource cost: 500 steel, 500 aluminum

Cash cost: 10 million

*cannot be used if "Great Wall" exists in nation

Well same percentage issue

:P  :P

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Right, so, like I said, the 1 dollar needs to be changed to a percentage increase. Maybe 1 or 2%

Yes then it may be okay

but increasing average income by 1% will hardly have any effect before city 18-20

But getting some slots is a nice thing.

So overall this project could be a nice one  :)

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Right, so, like I said, the 1 dollar needs to be changed to a percentage increase. Maybe 1 or 2%

The main issue is the crime/disease reductions, they are very OP.

The crime one alone completely invalidates Police stations.

I would suggest switching it up for something more practical. Maybe a reduction in infrastructure damage?

TBH A great wall seems like it would be better suited as a War project than an econ project. 

Edited by Sketchy

XLL3z4T.gif

The main issue is the crime/disease reductions, they are very OP.

The crime one alone completely invalidates Police stations.

I would suggest switching it up for something more practical. Maybe a reduction in infrastructure damage?

TBH A great wall seems like it would be better suited as a War project than an econ project. 

As long as mine is implemented - I am fine with his as is.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Assuming sheepy even reads this thread anymore, somehow I doubt it, I can't imagine he'd ever accept a project as unbalanced as the one you suggested.

It's the equivalent of 2 hospitals and 2 police stations per city *AND* you want to boost income on top of that. That's 4 spare slots of income already, how much more do you need.

XLL3z4T.gif

Alright, well, increase the initial cost then. These are purchases, not perks, we have to buy these buffs. The income boost is 1%, which is negligible, but the police stations and hospitals would be replaced with econ improvements, which is sort of the point of the wall (in the game and in trumps mind). As such, the wall costs a butt ton, so make it worth more if you find its unbalanced. Increase the cash cost to 30 million, if you feel it's that unbalanced.

Increasing the cash cost won't counterbalance it. It could be 100m and it would still be overpowered.

Projects shouldn't replace improvements, that is just bad design. This wall would completely invalidate police stations and to a smaller degree hospitals, which makes 2 improvements useless.

XLL3z4T.gif

National project name: Nanomedicine / Nanobiotechnology (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanobiotechnology)

Small description: Advanced medical procedures to help extend the life span of a nation's citizens, thereby allowing for healthier citizens an allowing them to remain in the work force longer.

Project effect: Increases the effectiveness of Hospitals by .5%-1.0% and increases number of citizens in each city by an additional 5% (due to folks living and working longer)

Resource cost: 5000 Steel (equipment manufacturing)

5000 Aluminum (equipment manufacturing)

5000 Oil (for the plastics and silicone)

5000 Uranium (power source) 

Cash cost: $200,000,000

EXTRA: http://nanotechworld15.blogspot.com/2014/09/what-nanobots-are-made-out-of.html

EDIT:  Now that I think about it and ran some numbers (if I did this right), maybe having the citizen increase should be 10%.  At my size, a 5% increase would mean about a $500k/day increase, meaning, this would take about 400 days to pay for itself not counting the cost of resources.  A 10% citizen increase for me would be about $1M/day increase, meaning, this would take about 200 days to pay for itself.  Still quite a bit of time, but you gotta think long term people!!  

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

National project name: Nanomedicine / Nanobiotechnology (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanobiotechnology)

Small description: Advanced medical procedures to help extend the life span of a nation's citizens, thereby allowing for healthier citizens an allowing them to remain in the work force longer.

Project effect: Increases the effectiveness of Hospitals by .5%-1.0% and increases number of citizens in each city by an additional 5% (due to folks living and working longer)

Resource cost: 5000 Steel (equipment manufacturing)

5000 Aluminum (equipment manufacturing)

5000 Oil (for the plastics and silicone)

5000 Uranium (power source) 

Cash cost: $200,000,000

EXTRA: http://nanotechworld15.blogspot.com/2014/09/what-nanobots-are-made-out-of.html

200million is it not a bit too costly???

and what do you exactly mean by increasing effectiveness of hospital??

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

200million is it not a bit too costly???

and what do you exactly mean by increasing effectiveness of hospital??

As to the first part......not for folks who are looking to buy city #19 or higher.  I mean for me to buy city #19 (without any discounts) it'll cost me $248M!.  This is pretty much designed for the larger folks/more well developed naitons.  As to the second part, right now Hospitals lower disease by 2.5%.  So if someone had this Project, each hospital would lower disease by 3-3.5% (due to people having the nanobots in their system)

EDIT:  I edited my above post!

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

As to the first part......not for folks who are looking to buy city #19 or higher.  I mean for me to buy city #19 (without any discounts) it'll cost me $248M!.  This is pretty much designed for the larger folks/more well developed naitons.  As to the second part, right now Hospitals lower disease by 2.5%.  So if someone had this Project, each hospital would lower disease by 3-3.5% (due to people having the nanobots in their system)

EDIT:  I edited my above post!

Okay nice then if you take rather 17+ cities it will also be effective.

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

• 1 month later...

Center for City Planning - 5% off cities

Center for Land Expansion - 5% off land

5 year plan: this project would increase the production of all refinery type buildings (Ammo, Steel Mills, Gas, Bauxite) by 8% or some other number. 

Efficient military procurement: reduces the money cost of military units by 15%, and the resource cost by 10%. This is for all units. 

• Upvote 1

• Wiki Mod

First two are meh, second two are op

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• 1 month later...

I want to suggest a project to get rid of some slot taxes for power plants

National project name: Experimental Fusion Reactor

Small description: Provides a base amount of power for each city

Project effect: Provides power for 2000 infrastructure in each city.  Consumes 1.2 tons a day (0.1/turn) of uranium per 1,000 infrastructure.

Resource cost: 2,500 Steel, 750 Uranium

Cash cost: $40,000,000

• Upvote 1

National project name: Parks and Recreational Centers

Small description: A city isn't just a lot of skyscrapers, towers and houses. You need to see green spaces once in a while.

Project effect: Reduces 1 pollution point per 500 infrastructure.

Resource cost: 500 Steel, 750 Aluminum

Cash cost: $65,000,000

National project name: National TV channel

Small description: In 21st century, everyone owns a TV and has cable channels. Why not to create a public one?

Project effect: +11% commerce in every powered city.

Resource cost: 1500 Steel, 1500 Aluminum

Cash cost: $110,000,000

• 3 weeks later...

National project name: National Early Warning Radar System (NEWRS)

Small description: Keeping the skies cleared of enemy threat one dish at a time.

Project effect: + 5% Defense against Airstrikes

Resource cost: 2500 Steel, 4500 Aluminum

Cash cost: $30,000,000

National Project: National Interstate System

Small description: Travel faster within the boarders of your own nation.

Project effect: + 2% resource production (all resources)

Resources cost: 2000 Steel, 1000, Aluminum, 1500 Gasoline

Cash cost: $50,000,000

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

National project name: Nuclear Triad

Small description: This project allows you to launch a Nuclear First Strike, or a second-strike in the vein of Mutually Assured Destruction. This project can only be activated once per war. Subsequent nuclear strikes will still cost 12 MAPs.

Project effect: Launch a wave of nukes, one for each opponent city, regardless of current MAPs. Current MAPs set to zero.

Resource cost: Steep, tbd

Cash cost: 100,000,000 minimum

• Upvote 3

I have a feeling alex isnt going to use any of these

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

He used one or two :v

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

yeah I think so although my personal opinion is he need to include new projects cause there are already people who have 10+ / 14 projects so it is best to add 2-3 projects now :) 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Maybe this?
Project Name: International Security plan
Small description: For people involved in wars and want to attack and defend simultaneously

Project effect: Allows to involve in 6 offensive wars and only 2 defensive wars.

Resource Cost: 2000 Aluminum, 2000 Gasoline, 2000 Munitions, 2000 steel, Money = $70,000,000.

Maybe this?

Project Name: International Security plan

Small description: For people involved in wars and want to attack and defend simultaneously

Project effect: Allows to involve in 6 offensive wars and only 2 defensive wars.

Resource Cost: 2000 Aluminum, 2000 Gasoline, 2000 Munitions, 2000 steel, Money = $70,000,000.

Reducing the amount of defensive wars you can be in is anything but fair. Its stupid to even bring that idea up. You shouldn't be attacked less because you paid money.

LTcxGHN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Fortification

Small description: It lets you get ready at war offensively

Project effect: Increase resistance by ten and enemy take 10% more casualties when attacking

Resource cost 1000 steel and 1500 aluminum

Cash cost: 20 million