Request to Alex

Kastor

Look, we all hate the mods you have. Can we have a new system to pick moderators? Player-mods aren't the worst idea in the world. They're better than what we currently have.

How about something where we nominate, vote, and with your consent, are confirmed as mods. That way the community and you can both agree on mods. 

If anyone has a better way, feel free to post below, but currently your mod-picking skills aren't the best. 

I also request we do this for the PnW discord, as I'm sure people aren't happy with that moderation either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Look, we all hate the mods you have. Can we have a new system to pick moderators? Player-mods aren't the worst idea in the world. They're better than what we currently have.

How about something where we nominate, vote, and with your consent, are confirmed as mods. That way the community and you can both agree on mods. 

If anyone has a better way, feel free to post below, but currently your mod-picking skills aren't the best. 

I also request we do this for the PnW discord, as I'm sure people aren't happy with that moderation either.

No. This isn't a democracy; nor should it be. Players bloc-voting moderators to represent their own interests and treat them preferentially is not in the best interest of the community. Who would protect the minority groups of players without enough influence to have representation on the forum moderator team?

The current system is adequate. No moderator is perfect, and there will be hiccups in moderation from time-to-time, but that would certainly be the case where moderators were 'elected' as well. I would argue it is much better for me to privately invite hand-selected players who have demonstrated their capacity to be patient, helpful, and respectful, rather than a popularity contest among the players.

If you take particular issue with any of the moderators or their actions, please send me a DM. It is entirely possible that I am oblivious to some disagreeable behavior that simply needs to be pointed out to me, and I am happy to correct course where it needs correction.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic