New city timer

StockHunter

What were you doing (or trying to do): buy a new city

What happened (describe thoroughly please): the timer started at 120 turns when it's been 21 days since my last city was built.

Link to page: https://politicsandwar.com/city/create/?

Any other relevant information: N/A

Screenshot: 730469766_ScreenShot2018-10-06at5_24_14PM.png.57f17659e85b8b30c345b56c3d1b23af.png

1179755555_ScreenShot2018-10-06at5_25_19PM.png.673f5a3eaeb5710f5230d29c0f64a8e2.png

This makes me wonder if maybe this is a bug: I have been able to buy cities very closely together. I thought the timer was only with buying a city soon after a project or buying a project soon after a city, not city after city. Is this the right place to raise this as a possible bug/question?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Chessy said:

This makes me wonder if maybe this is a bug: I have been able to buy cities very closely together. I thought the timer was only with buying a city soon after a project or buying a project soon after a city, not city after city. Is this the right place to raise this as a possible bug/question?

It is for City after City as well (or project after project) however for your first 10 cities the timer will not apply. This is to allow new players to grow faster than they otherwise would be limited, to help them 'catch up' to the progress of the rest of the game at this point.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It is for City after City as well (or project after project) however for your first 10 cities the timer will not apply. This is to allow new players to grow faster than they otherwise would be limited, to help them 'catch up' to the progress of the rest of the game at this point.

I'm not sure if it is still intended to be this way but, when you build one of your first 10 cities it still puts a timer on the projects, I know you fixed it when building projects were still forcing a timer on sub10 cities. 

Just wanted to know if it was still intended for projects to be given timers after building a city before 10 or not, since if I would have built the project before the city there wouldn't have been an issue.

Nebthet Seshat Asetneferu-Meritra Satsekhem Netjeretkhau