Separate Subforum for Micro Alliances in Alliance Affairs

Thalmor

• Moderators

Personally, I do not see "micros" as a problem, as long as the rules are followed. And, if you really want them to improve, you have to give them the means to integrate into the community. A "micro" post may give the chance to a new promising alliance to find a new protector/mentor that was going through the forum posts.

Besides, being less "professional" is not a crime.

If you think that a thread is spam or inappropriate or too generic (like a post saying "Hello guys! I am looking for friends") you can always report it and the moderator team will handle it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Chief Wiggum said:

Personally, I do not see "micros" as a problem, as long as the rules are followed. And, if you really want them to improve, you have to give them the means to integrate into the community. A "micro" post may give the chance to a new promising alliance to find a new protector/mentor that was going throw the forum posts.

Besides, being less "professional" is not a crime.

If you think that a thread is spam or inappropriate or too generic (like a post saying "Hello guys! I am looking for friends") you can always report it and the moderator team will handle.

Nobody asked Moderation to weigh in.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• Moderators

I dont see micro posting as a moderation issue or a valid reason to force them to post in a subforums nobody would actually check. 

There is variables and we would need to create a universal accepted definition of a micro, and people view irrelevanancy and micro(unless it's like one new player by themselves, then yeah I can see them easily as a micro, nearly non existent alliance) differently. If you want, you are free to "police" them in-game by declaring war and attempt to enforce a no speak term in the peace negotiations. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

6 minutes ago, Olive Penderghast said:

I dont see micro posting as a moderation issue or a valid reason to force them to post in a subforums nobody would actually check. 

There is variables and we would need to create a universal accepted definition of a micro, and people view irrelevanancy and micro(unless it's like one new player by themselves, then yeah I can see them easily as a micro, nearly non existent alliance) differently. If you want, you are free to "police" them in-game by declaring war and attempt to enforce a no speak term in the peace negotiations. 

No reason to have more moderation control over the community - y'all suck at it as is.

• Downvote 3

On 11/9/2018 at 2:11 AM, Mad Max said:

No reason to have more moderation control over the community - y'all suck at it as is.

You agree, so you downvote? You do realize that you're on the same side as the moderators that have posted here, right? Both have said that they shouldn't have control over the issue m8.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

You agree, so you downvote? You do realize that you're on the same side as the moderators that have posted here, right? Both have said that they shouldn't have control over the issue m8.

My downvote was for moderation participation in the topic - not for their stance on a forum change.

Please learn to read.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Mad Max said:

My downvote was for moderation participation in the topic - not for their stance on a forum change.

Please learn to read.

Their participation was that they won't participate, please learn to read.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Their participation was that they won't participate, please learn to read.

Downvote was participation in this thread - not participation with dumb forum changes that make no sense.

Please learn to comprehend simple words.

• Downvote 4

@Chief Wiggum

@Olive Penderghast

Thanks mods for the response.

Micro threads will continue to deteriorate the quality of Alliance Affairs. They will annoy people, clog up Alliance Affairs, and make it harder to find relevant threads. However, if that is your position, then I won't push it any further.

new_forum_sig_2.png

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

Micro threads will continue to deteriorate the quality of Alliance Affairs. They will annoy people, clog up Alliance Affairs, and make it harder to find relevant threads.

About that, I was considering creating an FA announcements directory at the top of the Alliance Affairs for easier searching: title and short description. What do you think about it?

42 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

However, if that is your position, then I won't push it any further.

Oh, don't take us wrong! We weren't shotting down any ideas, just offering our opinion. I wouldn't say it is up to us to make such a change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Chief Wiggum said:

About that, I was considering creating an FA announcements directory at the top of the Alliance Affairs for easier searching: title and short description. What do you think about it?

I can get behind that idea. Make it more organized and neat.

52 minutes ago, Chief Wiggum said:

Oh, don't take us wrong! We weren't shotting down any ideas, just offering our opinion. I wouldn't say it is up to us to make such a change.

I understand that, hahaha! It's just that I know that if the mods aren't for the idea that the possibility of it happening tanks. Which is saying something because most suggestions don't go anywhere in the first place. Not going to waste effort and time fighting for a lost cause. You understand.

new_forum_sig_2.png

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

I understand that, hahaha! It's just that I know that if the mods aren't for the idea that the possibility of it happening tanks. Which is saying something because most suggestions don't go anywhere in the first place. Not going to waste effort and time fighting for a lost cause. You understand.

If the community decides that a change should happen and Alex approves it, the mods' wants come second. I will refrain from more comments to let the discussion flow freely.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

@Chief Wiggum Would the directory include threads that span from it's implementation and onward, or would there be effort put into incorporating announcements that predate it (say, for example, a peace agreement from 2016)?

(sorry for hijacking the original suggestion, but I think that a directory could resolve part of the problem)

What I had in mind was identifying all the kinds of FA announcements (treaty [and kind of treaty], DoW, Peace/Surrender, April Fools' Day, etc.) and having a list of all announcements shortable by category and date, with a small description, starting from the genesis of Orbis.

I am not sure yet whether it will be just a link to a google sheet, a website implementation or just a list to be updated on a forum thread... and whether the implimentation will be automated or manual. But I think it will be a quite useful tool.

Edit: Thinking about it, since we would have some kind of categorization, we could add some tags like "global", "regular", "micro", etc.

Edit 2: I guess I will just make a seperate thread with this suggestion, open to discussion.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Thalmor said:

It's just that I know that if the mods aren't for the idea that the possibility of it happening tanks.

It isnt as much as were against it, it's more of the issue of actually implementing it. My main argument against it is due to the issue that alot of people have different definitions of what makes an alliance a micro or not, and would force the community to agree on a whole on a set definition. Some consider alliance based on relevancy, some on size and etc, I wish there was a more organized system, maybe like a seperate subforum for each type or something example: Alliance Affairs as parent category with subforums that house DoEs, DoWs, Treaty agreements and cancellation and so forth or with @Chief Wiggum's idea. Both would help, but it really depends on the community and what you guys wants and see if Alex will go for it. When I removed/added subforums for National Affairs, I waited for the community that partake into it to agree on what they wanted, then took it to Alex on behalf of that group, and then Alex can say yay or nay and we have to live with that decision. 

Edited by Olive Penderghast
Typo

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]