Shifty News Network-Breadfan

丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™

"After reviewing the situation and the rules, specifically: War Slot & Espionage Filling
Declaring war on a nation without the intention of fighting them is punishable by a nation strike and additional punishment for multiple violations. You are not allowed to declare war on nations to prevent them from being attacked by other nations. This same rule applies with spies and espionage operations. Knowingly participating in having your war or spy slots filled is also considered a violation of this rule.
Moderation discretion must be applied when interpreting and enforcing this rule. An example of behavior violating the rules would be declaring war on a nation and sending attacks with minimal units, or using 'Fortify', to appear to be fighting a war, when in reality the attacker has no intention to fight and win the war.

While I can't say certainly whether there was a master plan to collude and war slot fill to allow you to hit Wilhelm with impunity or not, based on the extremely convenient timing and outcome of the beigings the situation is basically indistinguishable from cheating (through war slot filling) from an outside perspective. Since the rule leaves the punishment entirely up to my judgement, I am not going to punish the two beiging nations who I am not confident knew they were a party to the large scheme here, and I am also not going to punish you (DragonK). However, I am going to remove your Beige protection time, as I believe that is the fairest way to "set the situation right" by removing your probably illicitly gained advantage in the war. I'm sure you'll be plenty upset about it, and I'm pretty sure the other guys are going to be plenty upset that that's all that I'm doing, and the best I resolution to the situation I can figure here is one where everyone feels screwed over (they say that's when you know you know you've got a good deal is when no one likes it)"

For added context, this was the supposed reason. I'm told the pirates had reason to suspect spy op filling, but that's something which is nearly impossible to prove without Alex himself looking to see, so the world may never know.

Oh well, t$ ain't feeling the greatest either way lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sargun said:

I can't read that tiny ass picture shifty

scJfTrN.png?1

e1a.jpg

Edited by ⚔ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™⚔
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

snip or something

I get the sentiment and I would agree with what you're conveying as well.  

I think the best way to approach it would be a warn then ban.  It's pretty hard line but I think that's the only way people are going to learn.  You have the option to talk to sheepy about something before it gets reported which is a move that I would highly encourage to avoid hypothetical warn/ban if you're not entirely confident on your potential moves. 

I understand that it's arguably annoying for sheepy to have to constantly monitor things such as this and I totally get the whole "You get money for doing it" logic.  If there seems to be a continual issue regarding a specific rule being broken then up the response and perhaps people will be a lot less likely to do said move.

I don't think removing an in-game feature because of some outliers you need to address is a proper way to address the issue.  That's just purely being lazy (which I know you're lazy sheepy but suck it up lol).  This is reminiscent of mass punishment which I highly dislike when the majority don't do it.

gog-forum-size-regs.png

19 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I get the sentiment and I would agree with what you're conveying as well.  

I think the best way to approach it would be a warn then ban.  It's pretty hard line but I think that's the only way people are going to learn.  You have the option to talk to sheepy about something before it gets reported which is a move that I would highly encourage to avoid hypothetical warn/ban if you're not entirely confident on your potential moves. 

I understand that it's arguably annoying for sheepy to have to constantly monitor things such as this and I totally get the whole "You get money for doing it" logic.  If there seems to be a continual issue regarding a specific rule being broken then up the response and perhaps people will be a lot less likely to do said move.

I don't think removing an in-game feature because of some outliers you need to address is a proper way to address the issue.  That's just purely being lazy (which I know you're lazy sheepy but suck it up lol).  This is reminiscent of mass punishment which I highly dislike when the majority don't do it.

Honestly, I don't disagree on any particular point. I get that it's frustrating when emergent gameplay enables strategies and tactics that work against you (well not you personally, but you get what I'm saying).

Anyway, FWIW, Alex's response to this specific situation was... appropriate. I'm just pissed off that he's still seriously considering removing beige.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

11 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Sheepy should just make team beiging and slot filling legal in the same way that bank hiding currently is. Allow the playerbase to enforce the meta on whether tactics like that are "moral" in the same way people treat other things like planting "viceroys" or making "POW alliances", or honoring naps, or various other things.

No moderation needed then, and people will just adjust to the meta like they always do. Otherwise its either moderation or changing the mechanics, and people should know by now that always ends badly.

Honestly, this isn't a bad idea at all. If it's implemented alongside some nerfs to beige like I suggested, then there shouldn't be any need for rules against team beiges. Especially option #2, that would kill slot filling nicely.

Is anyone actually surprised that @Alexis a lazy sack of (expletive deleted)? I mean this is the admin who openly admitted to wanting his user base to suggest fixes that were easy because he wouldn't do the hard ones. You all donate to him, provide him money for him to not do his job. When he does do his job he does it poorly at best or needs to out-source it.

Also, who hides a bank in a 20ish city nation with no navy? That's just bad business.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

1 hour ago, Prefontaine said:

Also, who hides a bank in a 20ish city nation with no navy? That's just bad business.

"Getting beiged tactically is cheating hurr durr even tho you took damage and got bounties removed"

"Laundering money with bank AAs that only have one or two members is completely ok"

I guess this time around they forgot they have Enterprise Car Rental.

3 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Also, who hides a bank in a 20ish city nation with no navy? That's just bad business

I can't search back to post it here cause I'm on phone and too lazy, but it's not the first time a t$ gov member got looted when holding the bank. Months and months ago Tim was also beiged by an arrgh member while holding a portion of the bank, so it's a bit funny that it happened again, but a different gov member having it happen this time.

Animal Pic: rippp

Edited by CuppyCakeYums
Won't let me upload it so just search up a penguin for this one please, sorry!
  • Upvote 2

Dorky Weeb Two

932112515_z23jHkk-Imgur.png.81dd52a14449c4172a2f4ff46c92439b.png

16 hours ago, ⚔ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™⚔ said:

Sadly, Bluebear made the ultimate sacrifice and lost his shot at loot glory to ensure his son DragonK won.

Meanwhile Boyce, the great looter, managed to loot:

Empire looted $548,301,582, 110 Coal, 3,374 Oil, 14,436 Uranium, 4,680 Iron, 7,632 Bauxite, 1,683 Lead, 214,690 Gasoline, 202,528 Munitions, 161,413 Steel, 66,806 Aluminum, and 596,488 Food. Verumque Amentia also lost 4.2% of the infrastructure in each of their cities.

09/11/2018 04:01 am

Kroatoria looted $472,857,293, 99 Coal, 3,037 Oil, 12,991 Uranium, 4,212 Iron, 6,869 Bauxite, 1,515 Lead, 193,127 Gasoline, 182,170 Munitions, 141,197 Steel, 60,493 Aluminum, and 536,760 Food. Verumque Amentia also lost 4.2% of the infrastructure in each of their cities.

Edited by Saints mountain
  • Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Saints mountain said:

09/11/2018 04:01 am

Kroatoria looted $472,857,293, 99 Coal, 3,037 Oil, 12,991 Uranium, 4,212 Iron, 6,869 Bauxite, 1,515 Lead, 193,127 Gasoline, 182,170 Munitions, 141,197 Steel, 60,493 Aluminum, and 536,760 Food. Verumque Amentia also lost 4.2% of the infrastructure in each of their cities.

Oof. Nice loot~

t_willaim_beiges.png

I added it up, and here are the stats:

Cash: $1,021,158,875
Coal: 209
Oil: 6,411
Uranium: 27,427
Iron: 8,892
Bauxite: 14,501
Lead: 3,198
Gasoline: 407,817
Munitions: 384,698
Steel: 302,610
Aluminum: 127,299
Food: 1,133,248

-

Cash: $1,021,158,875
Coal: $606,100
Oil: $164,121,60
Uranium: $654,133,95
Iron: $261,158,04
Bauxite: $571,339,40
Lead: $124,370,22
Gasoline: $1,009,347,075
Munitions: $715,538,280
Steel: $919,631,790
Aluminum: $345,871,383
Food: $87,260,096

-

Total: $4,276,925,920

So, between these two beiges, The Syndicate has lost over 4 billion in cash and resources.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

48 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Oof. Nice loot~

He's gonna lose alot of it though. Courtesy of yours truly, outrunner of Syndicate counters, leader of the race to 0 resistance. I am the great Shinobi, Komiko.

Oh christ i even got a frickin weeb name too for that, just realized. Ain't that convenient. 

Also i guess the other two nerds get some too so there's that.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, CuppyCakeYums said:

I can't search back to post it here cause I'm on phone and too lazy, but it's not the first time a t$ gov member got looted when holding the bank. Months and months ago Tim was also beiged by an arrgh member while holding a portion of the bank, so it's a bit funny that it happened again, but a different gov member having it happen this time.

Animal Pic: rippp

That was me, this was round two :)

Empire looted $966,081,661, 4,394 Coal, 13,826 Oil, 8,163 Uranium, 2,084 Iron, 1,437 Bauxite, 1,202 Lead, 154,179 Gasoline, 141,434 Munitions, 66,463 Steel, 25,086 Aluminum, and 258,169 Food. Liones also lost 10.5% of the infrastructure in each of their cities.

That was the first time. :)

Edited by BOYCE THE GREAT
  • Like 1