Shifty News Network-Antisocial

27 minutes ago, Komiko said:

What is with all these people on the OWF lately that seem to utterly lack any self awareness or knowledge on military affairs. Like, i know you weren't Gov when i was around, but you didn't need to be, everything i just said is a basic observation any member could've figured out, assuming there more active than someone like UPNA/Nikki, who literally got beiged by, i think it was @Insert Name Here using missiles despite having actually fought back...?

Missiles are often underestimated; they can actually win a war just as fast as nukes if they're stockpiled beforehand, and more often than not they can be the deciding factor in a tight war if both sides hit hard with conventional forces early on. I ended almost ten wars with a missile during the 69 day war that way. Pure missile strikes really shouldn't result in a beige against an active opponent... but I've done that twice, so there's no accounting for derp.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Missiles are often underestimated; they can actually win a war just as fast as nukes if they're stockpiled beforehand, and more often than not they can be the deciding factor in a tight war if both sides hit hard with conventional forces early on. I ended almost ten wars with a missile during the 69 day war that way. Pure missile strikes really shouldn't result in a beige against an active opponent... but I've done that twice, so there's no accounting for derp.

The thing is, Nikki was only attacked by nukes, and only attacked in return with conventional forces. :P
That's what was weird about it. it wasn't the last strike of a war, it was all missiles.

• Downvote 1

On 9/8/2018 at 7:29 AM, Avien said:

I find it very interesting that you think that the Pantheon I partook in was in any way raiding oriented. The only time that you have ever heard of Pantheon raiding someone has been under Fist.

I clearly said you were following your great predecessor's direction, I didn't mention your time with Fist or your time in Pantheon.

Either way the most prominent members of your government (alongside you) worked under Fist, so I am confused as to where you are coming from when you say "The Pantheon I partook in".

• Upvote 1

It's true, @Komiko, I did beige Nikki with 3 GAs and 4 missiles iirc. :D Great loot, but not my biggest win while getting dogpiled. That one was against that Dark Specter cat who had a frick ton of infra per city (4k in one, 3k in 11 and 2.5k in 8 if I recall). It was epic af since I was in Arrgh and I ended up winning with a huge gamble, destroying 4 of my 5 projects to buy a bit of infra + the MLP (while the guy had an Iron Dome), thanks to Ripper who redeemed 2 credits for me so I could afford all the expenses. :wub:

I believe I won that one with 4 GAs, 3 1 ship attacks and a missile. After the GAs the guy had less than 3.2k infra in the 1st city - he probably thought he was safe and decided to rebuild the infra, and the city ended up getting rekt again. :v The guy became inactive and eventually got raided by his TKR colleagues, only to come back online and delete soon after.

But yeah, regardless of how good you are at conventional warfare, missiles and nukes are the most effective way to fight back while getting dogpiled. Only those who have always had an easy ride won't understand that.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I can't remember if I beat Nikki with GAs and missiles, ships and missiles or just missiles. Either way it was a frick ton of missiles. :P

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 2