Shifty News Network-Antisocial

1 hour ago, Komiko said:

we will when the person telling us this didn't just tiptoe around lulzily slapping a micro because HS would get all whiny and HS is for some reason i can't possibly understand tied to T$.

Who are you? 

A word of advice, maybe you should stop begging for wars and go start your own instead of waiting for others to start it.  Nobody likes a needy person. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

Who are you? 

Sorry but, allow me to ask you the same thing.  Kthx

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

29 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

Who are you? 

A word of advice, maybe you should stop begging for wars and go start your own instead of waiting for others to start it.  Nobody likes a needy person. 

I could ask you the same. Alot of people say this to be some sort of burn, i guess?

In the short-ish time ive been playing this game in a capacity greater than a drone, i've been gov in a major alliance, which i eventually couped and robbed. I hid in a micro and helped build it because i trusted the leaders, one left, than the other brokedown, in part my fault as well. A failed merger crippled the aa more when those left, resulting in coup #2 and my second acquisition of a bank. During my time in the micro, i even raided part of CS's offshore bank during Ayyslamic crusade, helping put another aa down. This course of events has not only lead directly as a significant contributing factor to the sort of revival Pantheon is having under Fist, by making it's foundations so weak he could waltz in. This revival is no a key part ins T$ return to the light, and my actions taken in the way they were have only strengthened the foundations for the future death of a titan. Nobody stays #1 forever, i guess. 
And to top it all off, instead of hugging my newfound pixels, i joined the only alliance with a greater guarantee of destroying them than any other aa that is not Arrgh. 

So, tell me, who are you? And infact, who the hell is your alliance? You've fought what, one major war - or war at all, as far as i know? Sure, i haven't started one yet, but at somepoint, everything i've done will be just one group of clouds in a horrific typhoon bound for somebody's shores. What's pathetic here is your attempt to play the relevancy game, while your entire alliance struggles to outpace a single person in relevance. When people speak your alliance's name they go "Didn't they fight in that one war?"and then 10 seconds later somebody mentions how their allies in it lamented about their performance. 
Mine comes with a shortlist, and then everyone remarking that my only redeeming quality is that i cause crap to happen on a regular basis. 

I checked the wiki, there's two other 'wars' against Arrgh. You don't war arrgh, you just counter them. They're basically in perma-war with everyone. 

Call me back when your alliance is more relevant than i am. I'm not even that big not yet. Partisan is still leagues above me, and someone could easily argue Kastor is still above me too. I'm basically the groundfloor boss in a 30 floor dungeon and you can't get past me. God forbid the other floors, you'd never survive the Hippo Khan floor. What do you go around talking for? Tell me more than one thing your entire alliance has done that had any significant far-reaching impact. Cause all i see - and to quote whoever that guy was as TKR's FA tryina treaty NPO a while back, "Just a bunch of perennial actors". 

Alright, that's enough ego-stroking for a month, maybe two. Possibly three. I'm supposed to be an ego-less depressant, so this was weird. I do like ranting though, relieves stress, so thanks for that. 

Place your bets on the downvotes, guys. :P

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Syndicate gives others chances.  I don’t blame them for giving HS a shot.

Granted I personally wouldn’t after their ordeal in the previous war against IQ, but I tend to dislike drama in coalition chats.  I always advise people to deal with it in private beforehand.

The snake is far more forgiving than i am, then. When a solo actor starts outperforming a whole troop, i can't help but wonder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Komiko said:

I could ask you the same. Alot of people say this to be some sort of burn, i guess?

In the short-ish time ive been playing this game in a capacity greater than a drone, i've been gov in a major alliance, which i eventually couped and robbed. I hid in a micro and helped build it because i trusted the leaders, one left, than the other brokedown, in part my fault as well. A failed merger crippled the aa more when those left, resulting in coup #2 and my second acquisition of a bank. During my time in the micro, i even raided part of CS's offshore bank during Ayyslamic crusade, helping put another aa down. This course of events has not only lead directly as a significant contributing factor to the sort of revival Pantheon is having under Fist, by making it's foundations so weak he could waltz in. This revival is no a key part ins T$ return to the light, and my actions taken in the way they were have only strengthened the foundations for the future death of a titan. Nobody stays #1 forever, i guess. 
And to top it all off, instead of hugging my newfound pixels, i joined the only alliance with a greater guarantee of destroying them than any other aa that is not Arrgh. 

So, tell me, who are you? And infact, who the hell is your alliance? You've fought what, one major war - or war at all, as far as i know? Sure, i haven't started one yet, but at somepoint, everything i've done will be just one group of clouds in a horrific typhoon bound for somebody's shores. What's pathetic here is your attempt to play the relevancy game, while your entire alliance struggles to outpace a single person in relevance. When people speak your alliance's name they go "Didn't they fight in that one war?"and then 10 seconds later somebody mentions how their allies in it lamented about their performance. 
Mine comes with a shortlist, and then everyone remarking that my only redeeming quality is that i cause crap to happen on a regular basis. 

I checked the wiki, there's two other 'wars' against Arrgh. You don't war arrgh, you just counter them. They're basically in perma-war with everyone. 

Call me back when your alliance is more relevant than i am. I'm not even that big not yet. Partisan is still leagues above me, and someone could easily argue Kastor is still above me too. I'm basically the groundfloor boss in a 30 floor dungeon and you can't get past me. God forbid the other floors, you'd never survive the Hippo Khan floor. What do you go around talking for? Tell me more than one thing your entire alliance has done that had any significant far-reaching impact. Cause all i see - and to quote whoever that guy was as TKR's FA tryina treaty NPO a while back, "Just a bunch of perennial actors". 

Alright, that's enough ego-stroking for a month, maybe two. Possibly three. I'm supposed to be an ego-less depressant, so this was weird. I do like ranting though, relieves stress, so thanks for that. 

Place your bets on the downvotes, guys. :P

Calm down mate. If we all resorted to listing off events that we took part in and the potential consequences they've led to then you've got **nothing** on more than half of the active users on the OWF. I can easily claim that I led to the tS-tEL merger years ago leading them to be what they are now, or my lack of actions four years ago that's caused Rose to be doing what they are now. More relevant than an alliance? Jog on and stroke your ego someplace else.

I've been with Partisan, Pre, Pubstomper, Keegoz, Steve and many others. I'll let you wonder why they have never claimed to be relevant and you have here.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Cypher said:

Calm down mate. If we all resorted to listing off events that we took part in and the potential consequences they've led to then you've got **nothing** on more than half of the active users on the OWF. I can easily claim that I led to the tS-tEL merger years ago leading them to be what they are now, or my lack of actions four years ago that's caused Rose to be doing what they are now. More relevant than an alliance? Jog on and stroke your ego someplace else.

I've been with Partisan, Pre, Pubstomper, Keegoz, Steve and many others. I'll let you wonder why they have never claimed to be relevant and you have here.

This doesn't need to be a game of who can be more relevant, Komiko was just making a point that clearly flew over your head.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

27 minutes ago, Komiko said:

snip

Sorry hun, but we live in a post-dynamism world where the currency of political machinations and intrigue has lost its value.
Coups, bank heists, and the like just won't cut it anymore, the cheap thrills of relevancy are dead and gone.

To become truly relevant, be saluted by nations large and small, you either make memes... or you live long enough to see yourself become one. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

12 minutes ago, Cypher said:

You could claim that, @Cypher, but not the alliance as a whole. :P  Komiko's reply was to one of the Darths, I forget who, they're all alike it seems.

Which begs the question, why haven't you renamed to Darth Cypher yet?

1 minute ago, TheNG said:

To become truly relevant, be saluted by nations large and small, you either make memes... or you live long enough to see yourself become one. 

But Shifty fits both criteria?

• Upvote 1
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheNG said:

Sorry hun, but we live in a post-dynamism world where the currency of political machinations and intrigue has lost its value.
Coups, bank heists, and the like just won't cut it anymore, the cheap thrills of relevancy are dead and gone.

You have shown me the true path, wise bird. The only path to legends is that of memes. All others are heretics, whose efforts shall fall by the wayside.

10 minutes ago, Cianuro said:

This doesn't need to be a game of who can be more relevant, Komiko was just making a point that clearly flew over your head.

The point is - don't play the relevancy game. There's easily 20 people who could pop in any second and i go from winner to loser, instantly, with no recourse, no counter argument. If you start basing what other people are allowed to say about you based on their 'relevancy' what happens if someone greater does the same to you? 

It's a pointless game where, in the end, nobody wins, and everybody looks stupid. My original statement wasn't talking about HS's relevancy, but when it became about mine, i hit theirs. Just stop basing the legitimacy of criticisms on 'relevancy', there's always someone above you, and you will always lose. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Komiko said:

The point is - don't play the relevancy game. There's easily 20 people who could pop in any second and i go from winner to loser, instantly, with no recourse, no counter argument. If you start basing what other people are allowed to say about you based on their 'relevancy' what happens if someone greater does the same to you? 

It's a pointless game where, in the end, nobody wins, and everybody looks stupid. My original statement wasn't talking about HS's relevancy, but when it became about mine, i hit theirs. Just stop basing the legitimacy of criticisms on 'relevancy', there's always someone above you, and you will always lose. 

You pretty much nailed my thoughts on the matter, relevancy here is incredibly subjective and moot half of the time anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I destroyed the largest alliance the game has ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

So, to clear out any lies or misinformation, here are some of our statements about this issue:

We, as an alliance had no debt relations with SG or Camelot and we never had in mind to extort any money out of anyone. So, in other words, as an alliance, we were not reclaiming stolen money at all. We only hit SG because they did not specify they were an extension to Camelot before.

Also, we weren't the only ones wanting to hit it after they were dropped by Pantheon, since many other larger and more prominent alliances wanted to, but we moved faster than them and attacked first. If we wouldn't have attacked, someone else would have and BK would have rolled them instead.

4 hours ago, Cianuro said:

But Shifty fits both criteria?

I've done everything at this point.

Shifty exceeds relevancy. Just check every server you're on. My name is dropped daily, no matter what.

I am eternal. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

I'M RELEVANT! ?

4 hours ago, TheNG said:

Lostpidgeon.jpg

TheNGWhoAmI.jpg

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

On 9/4/2018 at 1:40 AM, Radoje said:

It's admirable that AK is following their great predecessor's tactics of raiding half of Orbis. Once Pantheon, always Pantheon. The question is how long until they get probed? :D 

I find it very interesting that you think that the Pantheon I partook in was in any way raiding oriented. The only time that you have ever heard of Pantheon raiding someone has been under Fist.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Avien said:

I find it very interesting that you think that the Pantheon I partook in was in any way raiding oriented. The only time that you have ever heard of Pantheon raiding someone has been under Fist.

Well that's a hilarious load of garbage. I was Milcom of that Pantheon you in, maybe you remember it? I practically ran the department, Ren and Jeric weren't around or too active in it. Old Pantheon did do raiding, it didn't do as much as the new, one but that's because the old one was full of pixel huggers who may as well have been perma-VM Spanish Armada members for all the activity they contributed to the game. 

More active people and especially what few newer players we got though, did do raiding. As a matter of fact, i remember one such new member was a rather prolific raider. Can you believe the irony that that same member i'm thinking of is - wait for it - in your alliance right now. 

The difference between old Pantheon and new on raiding is that old pantheon was 80% of the way to outright death at best, and even if it wasn't, was mostly upper tier nations where raiding targets that don't start alliance wars are rare. The new government is focusing much more heavily on recruitment, for obvious reasons, and hat do you know it - the alliance now does more raiding, because that's what any alliance not run by down syndrome goldfish tells them to do; including old Pantheon.

What is with all these people on the OWF lately that seem to utterly lack any self awareness or knowledge on military affairs. Like, i know you weren't Gov when i was around, but you didn't need to be, everything i just said is a basic observation any member could've figured out, assuming there more active than someone like UPNA/Nikki, who literally got beiged by, i think it was @Insert Name Here using missiles despite having actually fought back...?

I just don't understand it. It's such a basic observation. Raiding targets start drying up at around 700 score and by the time you hit magic city 10 it's pretty much over for raiding days. 

Last point here, part of Radoje's point was just an overall jab at the incompetence of Pantheon government. Again, not a hard observation to make, you literally were there when the alliance got coupd by disgruntled gov members tired of the whole "Perennial actor" bit going on. So i really have to second Radoje's point on why it took this long for the Ayyliens to go probing if the leadership is this completely lacking of awareness.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Avien said:

5gVQdjY.png

41887677-a-cartoon-hippo-with-a-confused

Your reply to Rad was spot on.  I don't recall Pantheon raiding a lot, but you definitely attempted to steer it in a more aggressive direction.  Which I applaud, by the way.  I purposely didn't jump on you once I had this information because I actually wanted to see if you could get Pantheon to "roll TGH" back then.  Would've been a nice change of pace.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

5gVQdjY.png

41887677-a-cartoon-hippo-with-a-confused

Your reply to Rad was spot on.  I don't recall Pantheon raiding a lot, but you definitely attempted to steer it in a more aggressive direction.  Which I applaud, by the way.  I purposely didn't jump on you once I had this information because I actually wanted to see if you could get Pantheon to "roll TGH" back then.  Would've been a nice change of pace.

Yeah i already explained why old Pantheon did less raiding. It's actually quite obvious when you think about it :P

Also left out that Econ tended to immediately build up the noobies, giving them fewer targets anyway. The original comment was a jab at incompetence for a reason XD

Edited by Komiko
  • Downvote 1