I see something... purple!

Ripper

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Church of Spaceology, in defence of two of its members, counters the two UPN government members currently attacking them, but won't escalate the conflict further. However:

• If we see that other UPN nations are mobilizing, we will recognize hostilites.
  • If we see nations ghosting UPN, we will recognize hostilities with UPN and probably with the original alliance of the ghosts.
  • If we see considerable mobilization from UPN's closest allies, we will recognize hostilites with UPN and may get in the sad position of pre-empting the rest.

In case a war does break up, the alliance that will lose will have to leave the purple colour block.

I hope UPN doesn't really want to change its name, so let's remain calm and let the current wars end in a most natural way.

P.S. Thrax asked me to put something silly in between those lines, but nothing comes to mind. Sorry, Thrax.

Technically didn't CoS start it by raiding their protectorate? 

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=5020&display=war dated 8/27 and those three that hit Malal were the ones hit by UPN.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Grow a pair and make this a DOW.

smh

or at least be a frickin clever shit like i like to think i am, say the ghosting shit, and then have some rando(s) 'ghost' to UPN, then make it a DOW while laughing at how much bullshit you just pulled.
So much potential wasted, i am disappoint, Ripper.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Technically didn't CoS start it by raiding their protectorate? 

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=5020&display=war dated 8/27 and those three that hit Malal were the ones hit by UPN.

4 hours ago, Kriegskoenig said:

@Ripper

Do you really think anyone in Orbis is this stupid?  We can all see that you raided, got countered, and are now pretending that the counters were unprovoked "attacks."

Here is everything that happened, so you can judge for yourselves:

• Malal leaves UPN, and creates a one-man, treatiless alliance without description
  • Half a day later, he is raided by three CoS members that see just this: a one-man, treatiless alliance
  • Malal messages me asking for them to stop and saying that he is still UPN and second in comman.
  • I point out he should really work on the alliance description and the treaty web...
  • I wait for the attackers to come back online and discuss the matter. Although I considered the raid-declaration legitimate, the war per se may not have been so.
  • In the meanwhile, UPN sends a protectorate treaty (AFTER the CoS attacks) and launches three suicide counters.
  • Malal messages me saying that UPN wasn't supposed to attack and told them not to do so, but they ignored him! (the second in command?)

At this point, I would either have to accept that there was some really huge communication/leadership failure within UPN or that they just made a passive aggressive "oh my finger slipped, I wasn't meant to shoot" move, so that they would press for peace on the raids that were their mistake from the very beginning. And knowing Malal, I am pretty sure the second was the case.

After that, CoS countered the nations attacking our guys and we decided to not accept peace.

@Kriegskoenig I am sorry if you felt like I challenge your intelligence. But UPN challenged mine first.

Edited by Ripper
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

• Malal leaves UPN, and creates a one-man, treatiless alliance without description
  • Half a day later, he is raided by three CoS members that see just this: a one-man, treatiless alliance
  • Malal messages me asking for them to stop and saying that he is still UPN and second in comman.
  • I point out he should really work on the alliance description and the treaty web...
  • I wait for the attackers to come back online and discuss the matter. Although I considered the raid-declaration legitimate, the war per se may not have been so.
  • In the meanwhile, UPN sends a protectorate treaty (AFTER the CoS attacks) and launches three suicide counters.
  • Malal messages me saying that UPN wasn't supposed to attack and told them not to do so, but they ignored him! (the second in command?)

At this point, I would either have to accept that there was some really huge communication/leadership failure within UPN or that they just made a passive aggressive "oh my finger slipped, I wasn't meant to shoot" move, so that they would press for peace on the raids that were their mistake from the very beginning. And knowing Malal, I am pretty sure the second was the case.

After that, CoS countered the nations attacking our guys and we decided to not accept peace.

@Kriegskoenig I am sorry if you felt like I challenge your intelligence. But UPN challenged mine first.

You know it is UPN you’re dealing with. Lack of communication/coordination and not listening to under is effectively their charter. 

Thanks for the timeline. 

• Like 4

scSqPGJ.gif

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Who cares? Declare war and run roll.exe or go away back to your gyros and debt instead of getting my hopes up you big meanie. :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

You know it is UPN you’re dealing with. Lack of communication/coordination and not listening to under is effectively their charter. 

They really need to change that charter.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Who even does charters anymore?

That's such a CN carryover. So are forums, 3 letter acronyms and anagrams, and team color based names.

Change UPN's theme to something dank. Establish Discord only. Make 1 guy sole leader. frick the charter.

3 hours ago, Komiko said:

Who cares? Declare war and run roll.exe or go away back to your gyros and debt instead of getting my hopes up you big meanie. :(

You must really hate movies with suspense.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Why would they change it? From what I've read, it's worked well for them in the past....

tenor.gif?itemid=10501789

Edited by Kevanovia

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

i agree that it wasnt worded well on UPN's part, but I do think it was kind of obvious if you thought about it that it was a UPN training alliance or affiliated with UPN. It's the same reason people dont hit tC or most smaller paperless alliances, because they know they're still tied/have allies...

Edited by hope
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hope said:

i agree that it wasnt worded well on UPN's part, but I do think it was kind of obvious if you thought about it that it was a UPN training alliance or affiliated with UPN. It's the same reason people dont hit tC or most smaller paperless alliances, because they know they're still tied/have allies...

There was nothing at the time of attack.  No words or treaties listed.

Legal Disclaimer:

My opinions do not necessarily reflect of the opinions of my alliance, allies, enemies or neutrals.

55 minutes ago, Malinok said:

There was nothing at the time of attack.  No words or treaties listed.

It's amazing how they addressed that in their point and you completely managed to miss it.

Well, embarrassing is more accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Komiko said:

It's amazing how they addressed that in their point and you completely managed to miss it.

Well, embarrassing is more accurate.

Komiko, it's quite clear what happened. The events are listed above. A one-man alliance without any treaties or description got attacked. Then UPN "countered" and got the treaty with the alliance. There was nothing to miss.

Edited by Ripper

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Komiko, it's quite clear what happened. The events are listed above. A one-man alliance without any treaties or description attacked. Then UPN "countered" and got the treaty with the alliance. There was nothing to miss.

Well there is, because you missed it as well. Do you guys just not read posts people make? 
I mean, hope quite literally addressed the point i responded to, and yet it was repeated, just saying. 

Yeah i don't think it's such a clear cut in your favor either. A high tier nation doesn't join a one-man alliance with no teaties for anything but to die, and funnily enough, those people don't message you when they start getting stabbed, gee i wonder why.
It's basic logic, Ripper, nothing more, nothing less. Nothing to miss except basic critical thinking skills. You therefore either lack them or spin a tale of supposed innocence for some sort of utility not yet revealed. 

So i repeat, make a DOW, and expose the utility or just buzz off with the innocence nonsense so i can go back to being bored. You're both guilty, i, Judge Komiko, sentence you to kill each other for my entertainment. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I meant it as a compliment, but if you want me to turn it into an insult... Those with the biggest dicks generally don't need to whip them out and show the world, because they have nothing to prove.

Oh, why did you assume that was an insult towards you? :P

40 minutes ago, Komiko said:

Well there is, because you missed it as well. Do you guys just not read posts people make? 
I mean, hope quite literally addressed the point i responded to, and yet it was repeated, just saying. 

Yeah i don't think it's such a clear cut in your favor either. A high tier nation doesn't join a one-man alliance with no teaties for anything but to die, and funnily enough, those people don't message you when they start getting stabbed, gee i wonder why.
It's basic logic, Ripper, nothing more, nothing less. Nothing to miss except basic critical thinking skills. You therefore either lack them or spin a tale of supposed innocence for some sort of utility not yet revealed. 

So i repeat, make a DOW, and expose the utility or just buzz off with the innocence nonsense so i can go back to being bored. You're both guilty, i, Judge Komiko, sentence you to kill each other for my entertainment. 

As an old pirate that's still in the top 10 for loot I have a vast understanding on the intelligence of whales.  A large chunk of my loot came from whales that couldn't handle a smaller nation in 8 wars and with zero military.

I did apply critical thinking,  it said free money.?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Legal Disclaimer:

My opinions do not necessarily reflect of the opinions of my alliance, allies, enemies or neutrals.

1 hour ago, Komiko said:

Is your ass itching or are you just writing these posts for no reason? 

Ease up on all the ‘make this a DoW’ bullshit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

aka Filip, The Royalist or Tremor

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

At least CoS has one, Ronny.

Ooo. I didn't give you enough credit for slipping silliness into the OP. Now I see what's purple.

• Upvote 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

1 hour ago, Malinok said:

As an old pirate that's still in the top 10 for loot I have a vast understanding on the intelligence of whales.  A large chunk of my loot came from whales that couldn't handle a smaller nation in 8 wars and with zero military.

I did apply critical thinking,  it said free money.?

And THERE it is, finally...a tiny crack in the facade of "we're so innocent."

You're a pirate.  Ripper is a pirate.  You saw a chance for free money.  You figured you could take it without getting hurt, and if you keep your raids semi-transparently-faux-excusable, you won't get rekt by TKR like Arrgh did.

Basically, once a pirate always a pirate, and your logic and excuses haven't improved since you left Arrgh.  You've just found a place to grow safely while pretending to be respectable citizens. 

Just own it, guys, it's ballsier.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Kriegskoenig said:

And THERE it is, finally...a tiny crack in the facade of "we're so innocent."

You're a pirate.  Ripper is a pirate.  You saw a chance for free money.  You figured you could take it without getting hurt, and if you keep your raids semi-transparently-faux-excusable, you won't get rekt by TKR like Arrgh did.

Basically, once a pirate always a pirate, and your logic and excuses haven't improved since you left Arrgh.  You've just found a place to grow safely while pretending to be respectable citizens. 

Just own it, guys, it's ballsier.

Krieg, you are kinda putting words in our mouth. :v

No one talked about CoS trying to prove their "innocense". I consider the raid 100% legitimate. If UPN really wants to build a training alliance, they should start by learning themselves how you build a new alliance. Getting a protector for example or trying to keep bad pirates away. The fact that a protectorate treaty did get signed after the raids is a good sign.

After the declaration of the raids and when I got online and under contacted me, supposedly it would be decided from our side whether the raid would continue or not. UPN decided to play the "oh my finger slipped card" before doing that and we just answered in kind and set on stone that the original raid would not end with peace.

My announcement was posted so that UPN (and allies) would really understand the situation, since UPN had, as they stated, an internal communication failure issue. Since I couldn't rely on a UPN gov member to let the rest of the gov know how things are, I just decided to make all this public and  make things easier for them. Also, getting some drama was the side-goal, which is a semi-success.

Our members are free to raid unprotected, one-member alliances. If another alliance attacks us, we counter. Yes, we like loots and action. No, we were not trying to bait UPN. Looking at how they handled it, I would go as far as saying that the opposite is the case. No, we don't mind fighting a full scale war. No, we don't find it necessary to fight one. Supposedly, it's still summer vacation.

There is nothing more and nothing less to all that.

43 minutes ago, Kriegskoenig said:

Basically, once a pirate always a pirate, and your logic and excuses haven't improved since you left Arrgh.

Ah, as Ogaden would say, you can take a pirate from Arrgh, but not Arrgh from a pirate.

Do explain to me one day though what "excuses" I needed or used while in Arrgh. Excuse me, but I don't remember!

Edited by Ripper
  • Upvote 2