Alliance relevance rank!

Prefontaine

yggLWN7.png

There's the current top 20. Lets have a little fun shall we? I want people to rank the top 10 alliances (out of the top 20) in terms of relevance. The parameters of relevance may be different to each person, to me it's how influential on world politics they currently are, and have the potential to be. Maybe you will weigh fighting ability more, or score more, or average score. There isn't some set rules, go with your gut. Which alliances do you think are the most relevant. Feel free to give a why if you'd like.

1. TKR

2. NPO

3. Syndicate

4. Guardian

5. Knights Templar

6. Black Knights

7. Rose

8. Terminus Est

9. Church of Spaceology

10. Grumpy

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

If I go by current waves, the ranking will be
1) TEst(got that X-factor)
2) BK(Chain Treaties)
3) T$(Hidden Evil)
4) KT(They have Horsecock)
5) Pantheon(Relevant if you are looking to extort/statpad)
6) Rose(The mother of all alliances)
7) GoG(Seeker's discord pic is UI goku ffs. They gotta be on this list)
8 )Polaris(Vanguard bloc)
9) None
10) None

• Downvote 2

1. BK
2. TKR
3. GoB
4. Guardian
5. KT
6. TEst
7. ???
8. ???
9. ???
10. ???
BK and/or TKR are bound to be the center of a war soon enough
KT and TEst are the only alliances that seem to have enough guts to fight anymore
GoB and Guardian no more is required they've earned their spot.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

2 minutes ago, Loshi said:

1. BK
2. TKR
3. GoB
4. Guardian
5. KT
6. TEst
7. ???
8. ???
9. ???
10. ???
BK and/or TKR are bound to be the center of a war soon enough
KT and TEst are the only alliances that seem to have enough guts to fight anymore
GoB and Guardian no more is required they've earned their spot.

I'd definitely put Guardian above GoB. Without Guardian GoB would be in a very precarious place, though they could easily attach themselves to any sphere's hip if they wanted.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Just now, Prefontaine said:

I'd definitely put Guardian above GoB. Without Guardian GoB would be in a very precarious place, though they could easily attach themselves to any sphere's hip if they wanted.

For obvious reasons, I would as well.  But all of my ratings were kind of duos, I didn't put much thought into order.  TKR/BK are important cause they're going to have a war.  KT/TEst are important cause they're willing to start wars.  GoB/Guardian are important cause they turn wars.  So its more like 1/2. TKR/BK 3/4. GoB/Guardian 5/6. KT/TEst.

[and if I put Guardian above, people would have whined and complained about how bias I am]

• Upvote 1

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

Just now, Loshi said:

For obvious reasons, I would as well.  But all of my ratings were kind of duos, I didn't put much thought into order.  TKR/BK are important cause they're going to have a war.  KT/TEst are important cause they're willing to start wars.  GoB/Guardian are important cause they turn wars.  So its more like 1/2. TKR/BK 3/4. GoB/Guardian 5/6. KT/TEst.

[and if I put Guardian above, people would have whined and complained about how bias I am]

I'm biased with TEst being above CoS/GoB in my list, but I also know more of what we're doing versus what they're doing which is why I placed them where I did. On my list the last three could easily be in any order.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

2 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

I'm biased with TEst being above CoS/GoB in my list, but I also know more of what we're doing versus what they're doing which is why I placed them where I did. On my list the last three could easily be in any order.

I mean if you want my real opinions on the top 20, all you really gotta do is sit around on the PnW discord for a bit.  I got something to say about all of them except Grumpy and Guardian.  Grumpy cause from what little I actually know about them, they've earned my respect.  Guardian, because there's no point in complaining publicly if I can say it directly to my leaders.  ?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

CoS - With the consolidation of DS into their ranks and Ripper as their lead (I still think Manthrax leads, but that's my own opinion)...

Ouch...

Sorry, Buor... You got it all wrong.

Seb is the actual leader. :v

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

So without our allies we would be in a precarious place? That sounds like every alliance, but I am glad you care.  But Grumpy is currently the greatest 1 round opponent the game has to offer.

• Upvote 1

As a newcomer to this world, this thread is very intriguing and insightful.

The thoughtful analysis that some of you are putting into your posts are most appreciated. On behalf of those of us whom are not yet familiar with this political landscape, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

2 hours ago, TheNG said:

"Hey have I told you guys how TGH has spent the majority of its time since formation fighting wars? That's pretty cool right, I'm sure I haven't mentioned it before. Because you know that most of the alliances just like to sit on their asses and not do anything, not like us who fight many wars against the biggest coalitions in the game. That us being TGH, a very tough war alliance, of course.

Hi, by the way. My name is Buorhann, I lead a really cool alliance that fights a lot of wars and does stuff called TGH! You probably haven't heard of us, but we fight a lot of wars, spend a lot of time doing it too, unlike all those other alliances who only like to sit around and not fight long wars like we do. Hey, have I told you guys about the last war we fought it, it was very recently and very long too! We're good war fighters, if I do say so myself, haha"

Never change Buor ?

But do they fight any wars?

I think relevance is essentially ability to shape the political landscape. And it's hard to make a list of that, because if you're capable of doing that subtly, which the best players would theoretically know how to do, no one will know you did. :P

So putting aside the ability alliances may have to exert subtle influence, I think the obvious answer for most influential alliance would be NPO. I really don't think any other alliance pushed for those NAPS, most complained about it (even the ones that signed it!) but they still signed it. And I think that is an example that shows they have had more impact over the political climate of the few years or so than anything else that's happened. You could extend this to IQ as a whole, if you wished, but I see no reason to do that personally because I consider GoG and BK to be subordinate alliances within that bloc, politically.

If you want to go back farther or count less recent alliances, I would say Arrgh, because they essentially defined a play-style and pushed everyone else to catch up to them.

If you wanted to look at more recent events, I'd give TGH and TRF a nod for basically rotting the forums for the time they were fighting. I bet a lot of people wondered why the Hell they were bothering to play this game reading some of the garbage that resulted from that conflict, which is political influence of a sort.

It's difficult to pick other alliances out of that list in the scope of the question because of how little has really been happening, at least recently.

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

1 hour ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

If you wanted to look at more recent events, I'd give TGH and TRF a nod for basically rotting the forums for the time they were fighting. I bet a lot of people wondered why the Hell they were bothering to play this game reading some of the garbage that resulted from that conflict, which is political influence of a sort.

Says the dude contributing to garbage, but hey what do I know. All I know is thrax is racist asf.

• Upvote 1

settradirect.png