Bankruptcy?

Qazus of Zalxia

If you run out of money or resources to maintain your improvements then they just stop functioning and produce nothing. I'm pretty sure you keep whatever military you have. 

If you run out of food then your gross income is decreased to 2/3 of what it is normally. Your cities will also gradually lose population.

That's all I know, I think it's accurate. Toodles

• Upvote 2

So if a nation doesn't have the needed money than nothing runs but if you run out of food you only lose a percentage of gross income? Seems a little lopsided. Maybe we should look at changing this alex

• Upvote 1

You also can't perform military or spy actions or launch missiles/nukes if you run out of money until you no longer have a deficit or you have enough on hand to cover it during a turn change.

5 hours ago, Apeman said:

So if a nation doesn't have the needed money than nothing runs but if you run out of food you only lose a percentage of gross income? Seems a little lopsided. Maybe we should look at changing this alex

i agree that is a little backwards

I think the military lock should also apply for no food (though not for nuke/missile launches as that just makes no sense).

Edited by Ukunaka
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 2:39 PM, Qazus of Zalxia said:

What happens if your nation runs out of money? I don't think this was ever explained in the tutorial.

Additionally, what happens if you don't have enough food to feed your citizens and soldiers?

If you don't have enough food to cover a food deficit, then two things happen. One, you lose a large percentage of your monetary income. Two, you lose a lot of approval rating (which changes nothing whatsoever).

If you don't have enough money to cover a spending deficit, then your cities lose power, and all improvements that require power stop functioning and produce nothing. This means that unlike what @John Smith said, you DO actually gain raw materials even without any money to cover improvement upkeep. The real problem with running out of money is that all civil and commerce improvements require power to run. That means that even if you have plenty of improvements that would earn you plenty of money and thus pay for themselves, they will drag you down and prevent themselves from working unless you get money from somewhere to cover their running costs for a turn.

@Ukunaka is correct in that you also cannot perform any military actions while out of money, but you have to actually have money on hand to pay upkeep during a turnchange in order to re-activate your nation. That said, your military will defend themselves at full capacity even without money. The only thing that will stop your military from defending you is running out of munitions or gas, which will shut down all your military other than soldiers (and those will still operate at seriously reduced effectiveness). If you run out of money, the situation is manageable if you're prompt and decisive; but if you run out of munitions or gas, you're doomed.

I am 100% certain of this as I ran a deficit spending build for over a year where 90% of the time I was out of money and food. It worked suprisingly well, too, but it's only viable (and I use that word quite loosely, I admit) at the low tiers.

• Upvote 1