Let's talk about PnW Radio shows.

Prefontaine

7SssiG9.gif

U8qALxW.png

While I know it's hard to consider Kastor's show a radio show as it was virtually never on time, held to no real schedule, often cancelled, almost never run by Kastor .. But it was still the only show in town really. I wanted to look back at all the radio shows that have existed in this game, and talk about who you think would be a good host combo for maybe starting a new show.

I don't know if there was any show before the one I ran, but these are the ones I know about. If there were other hosts (not just guests).

Bootleg Radio: Prefontaine, Tenages, Malone/Dywnn 

The Drunk Show: Shellhound, Keegoz

Kastorium (I don't know the official name): Abbas, Kastor, ft. Virtually any alliance gov with a mic. 

I'd like to see a radio show Hosted by Partisan and Lordship with a Shifty News Correspondent. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 4

scSqPGJ.gif

Radio shows are a dead game in this world.

They died back when we had the colossal Red Road Radio, Kastor split off from that shortly after we formed, but we were running multiple shows with multiple hosts and tons of views - thats back in the day of good and steady politics in-game and random shit going on.

Kastorium I really didn't follow up until recently, but any show with kastor usually ends up being about kastor, which is a turn off. 

Most shows end up being the same shit over and over. You got the headline of the week/month and then they go through the top10-20 alliances, with the same bullshit tone and talk because nobody wants to talk shit or just speak their mind.

The best show of Orbis history, imo, was your show back in the day - that was the good shit and the good time. I enjoyed running Thunderdome and took a different approach to shows, getting new people on and actually talking REAL. 

The Island is supposed to be running a show/chat every friday around 8pm CST - I am usually on every other Friday due to work and Hahiha runs while I'm not available for chat. 

I just don't think radio shows are as big as they used to be, there just isn't much hype to get on the forums or talk about shit.

I agree with you on Lordship/Partisan/Shift. 

• Upvote 2

Lordship and Partisan would be terrible hosts. Time difference for Partisan, not trying to OOC attack but his English isn’t good either(I mean that in the nicest way). Plus Lordship is delusional and uninteresting and that show would be interesting for maybe 2 episodes.

A much better show would be Buorhann, Dynamic, and Prefontaine.

If you WANTED to add an IQ persona, pick Gorge. Everyone else is too opinionated and refuses to see things from anyone’s point of view.

Mad Max is an okay host but he needs to gain more relevance first. 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I mean, how are you supposed to make an interesting radio show when there's so little of significance or interest going on that Shifty can't even make good shitposts of it half the time.

How do you shitpost about micros anyway? Pretending they're relevant at all is a shitpost in and of itself, but that's simply not enough.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

I'd like to see a radio show Hosted by Partisan and Lordship with a Shifty News Correspondent. 

I could see that.  Partisan would nitpick an argument that Lordship couldn't back down from.  Partisan often loves to try and wiggle out something to argue, and Lordship often loves to counter argue.

I do back Kastor's feelings on it though.  It'd be interesting for about 2 or 3 shows before it got too redundant.

Then again, just about every show had some issue with it.  Think the only real interesting thing I loved (And miss) was the tail end of your shows where you had your guest do their opinions on the Top 10.

I got something cooking though.  Just waiting on a set schedule and a script that I can trim down to 1 hour of talking.  Thinking Saturdays will be good.

43 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Lordship and Partisan would be terrible hosts. Time difference for Partisan, not trying to OOC attack but his English isn’t good either(I mean that in the nicest way). Plus Lordship is delusional and uninteresting and that show would be interesting for maybe 2 episodes.

A much better show would be Buorhann, Dynamic, and Prefontaine.

If you WANTED to add an IQ persona, pick Gorge. Everyone else is too opinionated and refuses to see things from anyone’s point of view.

Mad Max is an okay host but he needs to gain more relevance first. 

LMAO

I absolutely do not want relevance.

you need to gain this dick

Most radio shows lack a decent host. One of the reasons why I thought Bootleg was decent was due to it being able to address topics that were obviously pre-planned and move through them in a timely manner.

Another issue is those who probably have the motivation to run a radio show and have enough knowledge about the game (Current politics etc.) normally have a stake in it. I enjoyed doing the drunk show because it was only loosely based on this game and not at all serious.

I wouldn't say they are dead, it's more no one has really made a decent radio show for a while. Maybe with Kastor gone and a clear lack of them, someone will attempt in creating one again.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

4 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Most shows end up being the same shit over and over. You got the headline of the week/month and then they go through the top10-20 alliances, with the same bullshit tone and talk because nobody wants to talk shit or just speak their mind.

Sounds like all these shows needed more SRD.

• Upvote 1

I'd refuse to do a show with Lordship or TKR people until they unban me from the server.

Of all the foul things that come out of my mouth, all the hazing of noobs, and the shit I do, I get banned for this image:

LqFUzfa.png

#Justice4Pooman

Anywho, I've been considering giving it a go, but my work schedule is random so I'd need a co-host.

I'd personally pick Mad Max and Buorhann.

I'd leak shit and I'd talk shit. I've never given a damn about social conventions.

• Upvote 3

More sustainable would be a interview/podcast format. 10-20minutes long, no long rambly bullshit. One current topic, one guest who’s relevant to the event. The host can ask pointed questions in a journalistic fashion.

I frankly don’t like the radio format because it tends to digress and lead to uninteresting conversations.

• Upvote 2

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

1 hour ago, Bollocks said:

More sustainable would be a interview/podcast format. 10-20minutes long, no long rambly bullshit. One current topic, one guest who’s relevant to the event. The host can ask pointed questions in a journalistic fashion.

I frankly don’t like the radio format because it tends to digress and lead to uninteresting conversations.

To be fair there hasn’t been a “format” for a long time. 

scSqPGJ.gif

11 hours ago, ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

I'd refuse to do a show with Lordship or TKR people until they unban me from the server.

Of all the foul things that come out of my mouth, all the hazing of noobs, and the shit I do, I get banned for this image:

LqFUzfa.png

What a... shitty thing to do

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

26 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Cage match format. Topic set by host, two guests from opposite sides of that debate argue.

Loser is killed in real life.

Real life doesn't exist, Thrax. Stop filling our heads with lies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I personally always loved Ashland Radio show when Buorhann did it. Mainly the after show. Lordship and Buorhann with that one guy with the bear as his pfp on talking about whatever was always a good time imo. I talked here and there but mostly just listened to what they had to say. Would recommend recording them though. Would've loved to know what Kastor said about Buorhann's wife.

2 hours ago, Forethought said:

Would've loved to know what Kastor said about Buorhann's wife.

We'll let that go.  What's done is done, and the two of us had a very in-depth talk about it.

Edited by Buorhann

Templar Radio was a better radio show than Kastorium. Something like that but with a more interesting format and regular guests (Thalmor ran out of people to interview pretty quickly and instead of rehosting older guests he resorted to letting on weird micros).

The problem with the Kastorium is that Kastor just consistently let things go off the rails (or in most cases, he made them go off the rails himself) and would randomly bring up personal shit that literally noone cared about, and would center himself in every debate, which often silenced the two parties you wanted to hear speak from hashing it out. 

An hour long podcast, recorded fortnightly, with a preplanned set of topics (preferably announced in advance), perhaps 1 or 2 regular guests, or multiple interchangeable guests, and then a 1-2 hour open town hall type discussion at the end, seems like a better format. A host who can actually keep the topic on point, and not go off on wild tangents, which are usually shitty, give the various guests a fair platform, moderate conflict and not make themselves the center of the universe, would be a good deal.

• Like 1

XLL3z4T.gif