Anthems Not Auto-Playing [Chrome]

Talus

What were you doing (or trying to do):
Visit a page with an anthem with anthem auto-play enabled

What happened (describe thoroughly please):
Nothing played. Video appears with a play button, but does not play. Clicking the play button does get it to play. This happens on all pages with anthems, including alliance pages.

Link to page: 
https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=98616

Any other relevant information:
This works on Edge. I have tried both in Chrome with plugins and incognito mode (no plugins, cookies, etc.) The problem exists in both. I didn't see any errors in the console other than complaints about mixing secure and non-secure content, but none of them mentioned YouTube. I am using the latest version of Chrome, Version 68.0.3440.106, on my Windows 10 PC. This worked several months ago. Other sites (like Facebook) do have videos that automatically play in Chrome.

Edited by Talus
Additional info
  • Upvote 1

It looks like its working - but the audio won't play - I copied URL at 'current time" and it was 5 seconds in.

Also, obviously, make sure you have autoplay selected in your account tab if you don't already.

Edit: Doing the same for my own alliance page - so obvi something fricky

Edited by Mad Max

18 hours ago, Mad Max said:

It looks like its working - but the audio won't play - I copied URL at 'current time" and it was 5 seconds in.

Also, obviously, make sure you have autoplay selected in your account tab if you don't already.

Edit: Doing the same for my own alliance page - so obvi something fricky

i was having this problem as well earlier but when i went to youtube i realized that i had put the volume on mute last time i was on. so when playing the anthem it defaults to your last choice. if that doesn't work open the anthem video full screen and check the volume

As to the OP, same problem, also on chrome

Edited by Ukunaka
  • Upvote 1

Same Problem here for almost half a year now, using Chrome 68.0.3440.106, Windows 10.

Removing add-ons, clearing cookies, cache and even a complete settings reset did not help.

I also de-activated and re-activated autoplay in the P&W settings several times.

• Administrators

Strange, it's likely something on YouTube's end. I'll check it out, though, thanks for letting me know.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @Alex it looks like it has something to do with a policy change that Google made. Hopefully these links will help:

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/09/autoplay-policy-changes

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40685142/youtube-autoplay-not-working

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Thanks, I figured it was something like this.

Basically, the issue is that (at least Chrome) has decided not to enable autoplay, even when the video is set to autoplay in the URL. Not much I can do about that, other than suggest you change your Google Chrome settings if you'd like to have the videos autoplay for you.

Ah yes, the anthems will auto-play again if users do the following:

1. Go to chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy
2. Change Autoplay Policy to No User Gesture Required

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 9:42 PM, Talus said:

Ah yes, the anthems will auto-play again if users do the following:

1. Go to chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy
2. Change Autoplay Policy to No User Gesture Required

Thanks ^^

Nebthet Seshat Asetneferu-Meritra Satsekhem Netjeretkhau