Treaties between Nations

Qazus of Zalxia

It seems odd that treaties are only available between alliances and not between nations. It seems like treaties between individual nations would also make a lot more sense, because it can be hard to keep track of who you need to defend in other alliances versus having a small network of nations to defend.

i tend to think of alliances as nations and "nations" as local divisions within the nation.
but many people already do establish nation 2 nation treaties so i wouldn't be opposed to the idea of adding it as an official feature.

2 hours ago, Ukunaka said:

i tend to think of alliances as nations and "nations" as local divisions within the nation.

I tend to think of alliances as super-states, like the USA, the USSR, the Hellenic League, or the EU*. They're all large nation-like entities made up of smaller individual nations, each with their own (theoretical, and varying degrees of) sovereignty.

Still, your interpretation makes sense considering the scale we're playing at; our largest whales have surpassed 17 million population. That's comparable to, say, New York State (19 million) or the Canadian province of Ontario (13.6 million), but far less than a full-scale nation like Mexico (127.5 million), France (66.9 million), or Germany (82.6 million). Still, there are nations with populations well within our range, such as Portugal (10.3 million), so there's room for micros.

*brexit notwithstanding

• Upvote 2

Politics between nations is completely irrelevant and pointless. Only the politics between alliances matter. If you're active in an alliance you'll know who you defend and who not to care about.

7 hours ago, Ukunaka said:

I think of something similar, except nations are individuals. Individuals (nations) make up a nation (alliance).

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png