Shifty News Network-Pepper

9 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

Im debating whether i should be puffing my chest more on behalf of tS to fit in/fit the description.

Please do. Your public demands it!

ETA: also use 100 words or more.

Edited by Critters
  • Upvote 1

image.jpg1_zpszukhjtut.jpg

The Redneck Caliphate of Forrest's Critters

1 minute ago, Critters said:

Please do. Your public demands it!

ETA: also use 100 words or more.

I mostly glance over Partisan's posts unless there's a Wall of Text and it forces me to read it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

salt

Lmao your 9 year old buttmad angst is seeping.

“what the frick, you dont have "great friends" they supplied like 10 nations out of like 150 possible”

? Gotta love this thread

> wah, 150 v 14 injustice!!!!

vs 

> only 10 extra nations from your side you guys sux

• Upvote 3

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

5 hours ago, Bollocks said:

I’m certainly not gloating, nor is it possible to even achieve 185 v 14, due to how defense slots and math works. But, you’re Kastor and I shouldn’t expect too much from you.

They filled up our defense slots, and they had their slots filled up. 

You can definitely do 185 v 12. You just all can’t fight at once. But you’re more interested in the fact that I said And trying to turn it personal rather than actually arguing any of my points. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

19 minutes ago, Kastor said:

You can definitely do 185 v 12. You just all can’t fight at once. But you’re more interested in the fact that I said And trying to turn it personal rather than actually arguing any of my points. 

Oblivion just said 10 nations. That was easy.

• Upvote 3

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

The fact of this war is, it was 14 double built nations attacked 8 unprepared nation's, and gave up the second a whole 10(oh no so scary) of their bored allies showed up to help them via defense agreements, and you guys gave up so you could play victim like all of ts hs and guardian showed up to the fight, when in reality, all we did was negate your surprise attack and numbers advantage.

Former leader of Chocolate Castle 4/1/2021

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

"Rosey is everything I look for in a fighter" - partisan

"I’m very much not surprised that Lossi has you blocked tbh" - @MCMaster-095

Shifty: I wanna take a break from all the salt in the other thread.

This thread: Salt

Salt mines are located everywhere, even in the oblivion, sorry Shifty but there's no escaping it.

• Like 2
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

58 minutes ago, Cianuro said:

Shifty: I wanna take a break from all the salt in the other thread.

This thread: Salt

Salt mines are located everywhere, even in the oblivion, sorry Shifty but there's no escaping it.

75% of gaming be like:

No, this video never gets old.

• Upvote 2

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

2 hours ago, Loshi said:

The fact of this war is, it was 14 double built nations attacked 8 unprepared nation's, and gave up the second a whole 10(oh no so scary) of their bored allies showed up to help them via defense agreements, and you guys gave up so you could play victim like all of ts hs and guardian showed up to the fight, when in reality, all we did was negate your surprise attack and numbers advantage.

No one is saying you can't hit them. Just don't expect to not get made fun of and called out when you brag about how badly a nation with 5+ cities is beating another nation in a 5v1. It's pathetic.

Edited by James II
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

11 minutes ago, James II said:

No one is saying you can't hit them. Just don't expect to get made fun of and called out when you brag about how badly a nation with 5+ cities is beating another nation in a 5v1. It's pathetic.

Did you mean "just don't expect to not get made fun of and called out"?

• Upvote 1
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

1 hour ago, James II said:

No one is saying you can't hit them. Just don't expect to not get made fun of and called out when you brag about how badly a nation with 5+ cities is beating another nation in a 5v1. It's pathetic.

Strange, Mensent 16 cities, Hellsing 15 cities, Antipodea 20 cities...  Dacta 16 cities.  Yeah I had 5 cities more than all my targets. Mmmmmhmm.  And trying to go back to the numbers argument remains invalid because again, it was 18v14, which is actually still more fair than the 14v8 Oblivion is trying to pass off as "fair".  With some actual leadership and proper commanding, they had the opportunity to break out and turn it into an actual fight for at least the first round, but they were too busy having already surrendered.

"It's pretty easy to get abused by Rosey without being a weirdo about it" - Betilius

1 hour ago, Loshi said:

Strange, Mensent 16 cities, Hellsing 15 cities, Antipodea 20 cities...  Dacta 16 cities.  Yeah I had 5 cities more than all my targets. Mmmmmhmm.  And trying to go back to the numbers argument remains invalid because again, it was 18v14, which is actually still more fair than the 14v8 Oblivion is trying to pass off as "fair".  With some actual leadership and proper commanding, they had the opportunity to break out and turn it into an actual fight for at least the first round, but they were too busy having already surrendered.

Look at the nation's Oblivion hit. All way bigger.you got no room to brag. You dog pile get over it.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, James II said:

Look at the nation's Oblivion hit. All way bigger.you got no room to brag. You dog pile get over it.

Okay pal, 18v14, biggest dogpile ever.  Keep sucking them out some more.

19 hours ago, Alucard Hellsing said:

pffft haha tbh idk if t$ didnt get involved you two would talk the same shit you're talking rn. Im still suprised you're bragging about hitting a 14 man micro and still need help from t$. Lmao either way, we were due for a roll so its alright. :) 

Lol didn't need t$ I had control of all my fights with a single days build you guys just arnt good a war

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

21 hours ago, James II said:

I'm sure you are having fun, but it's poor form to brag about being 'gud' when it's Guardian, tC, HS, and t$ vs a 14 man micro. That's not being 'good' and it makes mechanical sense that they can't fight back.

It was 14 to 18, with an alliance that had a standing rose protectorate, and 5 ghosting members showing it had a form of support from not 1 but 2 alliances so yeah I'll brag and trash talk, Oblivion screwed yourselfs, you wanna pull a victim card but why, you just here to wreck and as your alliance page says don't stand in your way, well we did? and you couldn't find a work around

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

The more you talk, the more people are rolling their eyes at you. t$ and HS has better form, their not in here bragging about hitting a 14 man micro. Why can't you be more like them?

Your bragging is what is annoying everyone, not you hitting Oblivion. Just show some humility or nothing at all.

Edited by James II
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Why tho

Why are we still talking about this

I'm sorry guys, but beyond the acknowledgment that it exists there's very little that's noteworthy about the conflict. Small alliance hit someone, got countered, that's how it goes. I respect that you guys took a risk, really I do, but have some dignity in your wins and your losses willya?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluedart said:

Lol didn't need t$ I had control of all my fights with a single days build you guys just arnt good a war

Before t$

448705984_destroyingbluelegion.thumb.png.a65653baa006f73486fc2821a8e20e5c.png

After t$

1438492578_killingbluedart(2).thumb.png.d881c235eabefe3d6a5ae6667fd5b228.png

Bruh....pls

• "We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies and sacrifice all our allies. We’ll keep killing till there’s nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough"
  • "You'll never win"

Hello there, Oblivion members. You were plainly not incompetent in-game, despite what your communication skills on this forum and the main PnW Discord server might otherwise suggest. I saw you make intelligent decisions about not wasting resources on a fight you felt you couldn't win; I saw you protect your bank, as none of us pulled much loot out of y'all. I saw none of you had wasted money going above 2,000 infra on any cities. I saw your national damage ratios, and they were mostly comparable to what the average Syndicate veteran would have. Most notably, I saw virtually every single one of you log in within 10 minutes of being struck by us, which almost no alliance would match. So to credit those things- nice work.

Instead, you were undermined by a lack of political understanding. I feel like you don't seem to be connecting the dots, so I've gotten my crayons out to put a few paragraphs on the walls.

When you first-strike an unaware and unprepared enemy alliance, you usually win. In fact, you have to do a piss poor job to screw it up. The military advantages of even a double buy over absolutely nothing are usually nearly insurmountable. You'll notice that this is why you got off to such a roaring start over tC.

To flip that on it's head, and to continue my point, you yourself felt you were struck unaware (and underprepared at best- all of you were vulnerable on your jets counts) when The Syndicate entered to defend our friends in tC. For context, none of us who hit you had more than about 45 minutes of notice that we were going to war, and we attacked with just a single-buy of units. We attacked with 18-19 hours remaining before our next possible unit purchase; even a full hour before the next tick was coming. We did these incredibly lazy things because we knew we'd be able to get away with it. As expected, you folded on the first strike; none of your nations even made it to the next possible rebuy. Again, not an issue with your competence; it's just how this game works.

Hell, look at how the Hogwarts/Inquisition fight went. 20 of us caused a bloodbath against, even in our own tiers, a much larger group of nations who simply weren't expecting or prepared for the strike. 20 guys. That's the 10 of you guys who'd gone in with a plan, and 10 of us t$ guys active enough to respond with 45 minutes notice, and if we'd all worked together and attacked INQ with full military builds, we'd probably go a long way to repeating that feat.

You complain, because you felt like you had a "fair" war going on with tC; without realising that attacking an alliance that is not expecting or prepared for you is almost never a fair fight, unless you are attacking utterly overwhelming odds. If you wanted a fair fight and a proper test of your skills, you should have contacted tC and offered them a challenge, where both parties pick an exact starting date and time for hostilities to commence equally both ways. They might have even accepted the offer, and you would have then been able to conduct a war that would not have seen external interference. If you'd done that, you wouldn't have been kerb-stomped by a handful of guys who were pinged on Discord and replied with "eh, why not".

Edited by Avakael
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Le1AjCa.png

58 minutes ago, Avakael said:

Hello there, Oblivion members. You were plainly not incompetent in-game, despite what your communication skills on this forum and the main PnW Discord server might otherwise suggest. I saw you make intelligent decisions about not wasting resources on a fight you felt you couldn't win; I saw you protect your bank, as none of us pulled much loot out of y'all. I saw none of you had wasted money going above 2,000 infra on any cities. I saw your national damage ratios, and they were mostly comparable to what the average Syndicate veteran would have. Most notably, I saw virtually every single one of you log in within 10 minutes of being struck by us, which almost no alliance would match. So to credit those things- nice work.

Instead, you were undermined by a lack of political understanding. I feel like you don't seem to be connecting the dots, so I've gotten my crayons out to put a few paragraphs on the walls.

When you first-strike an unaware and unprepared enemy alliance, you usually win. In fact, you have to do a piss poor job to screw it up. The military advantages of even a double buy over absolutely nothing are usually nearly insurmountable. You'll notice that this is why you got off to such a roaring start over tC.

To flip that on it's head, and to continue my point, you yourself felt you were struck unaware (and underprepared at best- all of you were vulnerable on your jets counts) when The Syndicate entered to defend our friends in tC. For context, none of us who hit you had more than about 45 minutes of notice that we were going to war, and we attacked with just a single-buy of units. We attacked with 18-19 hours remaining before our next possible unit purchase; even a full hour before the next tick was coming. We did these incredibly lazy things because we knew we'd be able to get away with it. As expected, you folded on the first strike; none of your nations even made it to the next possible rebuy. Again, not an issue with your competence; it's just how this game works.

Hell, look at how the Hogwarts/Inquisition fight went. 20 of us caused a bloodbath against, even in our own tiers, a much larger group of nations who simply weren't expecting or prepared for the strike. 20 guys. That's the 10 of you guys who'd gone in with a plan, and 10 of us t$ guys active enough to respond with 45 minutes notice, and if we'd all worked together and attacked INQ with full military builds, we'd probably go a long way to repeating that feat.

You complain, because you felt like you had a "fair" war going on with tC; without realising that attacking an alliance that is not expecting or prepared for you is almost never a fair fight, unless you are attacking utterly overwhelming odds. If you wanted a fair fight and a proper test of your skills, you should have contacted tC and offered them a challenge, where both parties pick an exact starting date and time for hostilities to commence equally both ways. They might have even accepted the offer, and you would have then been able to conduct a war that would not have seen external interference. If you'd done that, you wouldn't have been kerb-stomped by a handful of guys who were pinged on Discord and replied with "eh, why not".

You really missed the point everyone was making.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

7 minutes ago, Kastor said:

You really missed the point everyone was making.

What, that we showed up with 180+ nations? I did address that. We didn't show up with 180+ nations. We showed up with whoever was online with 45 minutes notice that felt like it, which at the time was 8 nations followed by 2 stragglers later on. That was all that was necessary. If we wanted to truly burn them to the ground, we'd have waited another day, brought in twice as many fighters, and made literally any effort at all on beige staggering.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Le1AjCa.png

5 hours ago, Avakael said:

How were they undermined by a lack of political understanding again?  You look at the treaty web and Coalition is paperless.  Having...  what...  three alliances counter them that have no confirmed solid ties to Coalition isn't a lack of political understanding.  It's a lack of transparency from those "friendly" alliances, and it's one of the few things that the biggest bloc in the game stressed about (IQ talking about paperless ties and hence their consolidation and/or refusal to take chances elsewhere).

The fact that none of you leaders from previous Syndisphere/EMC don't understand that is baffling, and we see what happens when people do take chances - they just simply get ripped apart.

This is no better than TKR and Friends (+Guardian) tearing apart Nuke Bloc when they were already handled.

If you're going to defend your "friends", have some sort of tie to represent it.  So people know the consequences ahead of time, or perhaps it'll encourage them to actually pursue political banter before then.  Only those of previous Syndisphere/EMC leadership know exactly what those past ties are (And still are).  No one else does.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2