Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

1 minute ago, Epi said:

True, but we don't exactly know what order things were asked in, if she asked who did it after they already knew it was racist, what's the harm in breaching anonymity, hell they'd have figured it out if he'd striked thalmor like the rules claim. [which i don't think he should do btw]. So, yeah not super invested in the leak this time round.

The problem with breaching anonymosity, at least from Sheepy's angle, is the precedent you set.

If Thalmor got striked and blabbed it himself, that's one thing.  The fact Sheepy did it though, shows he's capable of doing it again.  What's the point of having a mechanic based on anonymosity if you're just going to give up information on it?  Plus Sheepy has stated before that he doesn't get involved in the politics of the game.  This action shows he does.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Yeah shame on Sheepy for not respecting the anonymity of someone trying to make a racial nazi joke in his game, and having the bad sense to tell the person who was a target of that joke (which is clearly against the rules of the game) who had done that.

??????????????????????????????????????

Didn't you once tell me to "frick off" in regards to some "Spirit of the rules/game" ?

Or is this just another double standard you like to set?

(Just a tidbit, no one questioned him being punished by the Admin for it)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Micchan said:

Waiting for KT moving to white and vote to rename it "white supremacy"

Now waiting for a bounty of $420 on my nation

But the minimum bounty is 1 million. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Lairah said:

But the minimum bounty is 1 million. 

So can't be Thalmor, we looted all their money:D

2 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Are you promoting the usage of a gateway drug ma'am?

Please buy some unit, I need to boost my stats

• Upvote 1

For no-one in particular

Edited by Balish
  • Upvote 1

Listen to J Kell's new single: 

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

A dumb joke was made, the person involved was punished, Sheepy made an implicit statement about how he won't stand for this kind of bullshit, and now we should all move on.

Just to fix this:  "the person involved was punished, Sheepy then told the other player, said player was told not to tell others - did so anyways, then proceeded to use it for in-game purposes..."  etc.

If you really don't see the ramifications of this simply because of the offense, you're really narrowing your perspective on this.

(Also, the in-game anonymosity wasn't a "literal shield for racist attacks".  He was punished for it.  It got reported, Sheepy investigated it, handled it, then proceeded to continue it by telling other(s).)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Just to fix this:  "the person involved was punished, Sheepy then told the other player, said player was told not to tell others - did so anyways, then proceeded to use it for in-game purposes..."  etc.

If you really don't see the ramifications of this simply because of the offense, you're really narrowing your perspective on this.

That's certainly not how I'd handle it, if that's your point. But I don't see how Sheepy ought to have done anything different, and I don't see how it's for anyone other than the person who was attacked in that way to decide how they think it appropriate to react.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

so you have no problem with someone using neo-nazi garbage to insult a black woman

but you do have a problem with them being called out for it?

why is it that the anonymity of racist white men matters more to you than the shitty racist garbage they perpetrate using that anonymity?

jesus christ i cannot believe that we are at a point in time where being against 1488 is "hating white people"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

TKR government officials have just gotten involved and they take the side of Alex.  WHAT A SURPRISE!

tenor.gif?itemid=7676808

• Upvote 3

About The Author

An early member of Roz Wei in 2015, J Kell went on to stay within the paperless world of Empyrea before signing with Soup Kitchen while scoring a record deal in 2019. J Kell went on to release multiple Orbis Top 40 hits. In 2020, J Kell took a break from Orbis. He's back.

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

That's certainly not how I'd handle it, if that's your point. But I don't see how Sheepy ought to have done anything different, and I don't see how it's for anyone other than the person who was attacked in that way to decide how they think it appropriate to react.

How can you not see it? Do you have reading or vision issues? It's been said by numerous people. He should have done everything the same, except for the part where he goes revealing peoples names.

If he's going to do that, then just post a log of moderation actions on the forums. Everyone knows, everyone can see, no one can claim you're showing favoritism by giving people access to knowledge that they shouldn't have.

Is 'attacked' really the word we're using here? Good lord, it was an internet shitpost. Here's how you handle it. 
Step 1: Roll your eyes and sigh.
Step 2: report it
Step 3: get response that its been handled
Step 4: you already moved on after step 2 to other things, like an adult. 

There's nothing else to decide or mull over. It's 4 steps for you, 3 for the moderator, and both end in moving on after it's handled, nothing more.
Why is that such a disagreeable method for people? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sargun said:

so you have no problem with someone using neo-nazi garbage to insult a black woman

why is it that the anonymity of racist white men matters more to you than the shitty racist garbage they perpetrate using that anonymity?

jesus christ i cannot believe that we are at a point in time where being against 1488 is "hating white people"

No, you dumb frick.

You're focusing on Thalmor, I'm focusing on the fact Sheepy is playing favorites and surpassing a mechanic that was suppose to be working in good faith - whether he intended to or not.  I focus on the game and it's rules set itself.  Thalmor was punished, yet the Admin pushed that information out - for what exactly?  Seriously, what benefit does it provide?  I think I already explored this earlier.

Pretty sure I gave a suggestion as to how it should've been handled earlier in this thread.

If Sheepy and the community at large has an issue with the racist/sexist players around, then just out right ban them.  What's the point of keeping them around?  "Striking" them?

No, there's more to this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lairah said:

How can you not see it? Do you have reading or vision issues? It's been said by numerous people. He should have done everything the same, except for the part where he goes revealing peoples names.

If he's going to do that, then just post a log of moderation actions on the forums. Everyone knows, everyone can see, no one can claim you're showing favoritism by giving people access to knowledge that they shouldn't have.

Is 'attacked' really the word we're using here? Good lord, it was an internet shitpost. Here's how you handle it. 
Step 1: Roll your eyes and sigh.
Step 2: report it
Step 3: get response that its been handled
Step 4: you already moved on after step 2 to other things, like an adult. 

There's nothing else to decide or mull over. It's 4 steps for you, 3 for the moderator, and both end in moving on after it's handled, nothing more.
Why is that such a disagreeable method for people? 

Uhhh. How do you not see it?

How do you get to dictate to a person who is attacked in an out of character, racial way how they should handle it? If that happens in Sheepy's game, it is appropriate for him to tell the person who was a victim of it what happened.

He didn't post a moderation log. He told the person who was attacked what happened. That person went on to tell others, which is their right. If you don't want to give people that right, don't say racial stuff to them.

It's not at all complicated.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

If Sheepy and the community at large has an issue with the racist/sexist players around, then just out right ban them.  What's the point of keeping them around?  "Striking" them?

Finally, someone gets it!

26 minutes ago, Sargun said:

TKR = The Korrupt Riggers

Edited by Balish
  • Upvote 1

About The Author

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

No, you dumb frick.

You're focusing on Thalmor, I'm focusing on the fact Sheepy is playing favorites and surpassing a mechanic that was suppose to be working in good faith - whether he intended to or not.  I focus on the game and it's rules set itself.  Thalmor was punished, yet the Admin pushed that information out - for what exactly?  Seriously, what benefit does it provide?  I think I already explored this earlier.

Pretty sure I gave a suggestion as to how it should've been handled earlier in this thread.

I honestly don't think this is playing favorites, he certainly handled it poorly but I do believe that no matter who put out the bounty he would have done the same.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Just now, Kyubnyan said:

I honestly don't think this is playing favorites, he certainly handled it poorly but I do believe that no matter who put out the bounty he would have done the same.

I question that.  I really do.  After his personal message to Rozalia (He should've stopped after the first paragraph) and this - I question a lot.  Plus some other stuff I've seen.

I'm actually dead serious when I say that he should just go ahead and ban the perceived racist/sexist or any offensive posting players.  It'd be a much less headache not only for him, but the community who bring out their pitchforks en-masse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You guys are arguing over Alec yet again being a terrible admin. We’ve been here before. Alex has probably caused several wars. Also, no one is defending Thalmor. 

The main point is privacy in this game. Sheepy just shared a private feature that literally advertises as an anonymous service to encourage war(s). Remember: that was the pitch for this to begin. 

What Thalmor did was obviously bad and tasteless, no defending that. However what does Sheepy believe he is allowed to share. How long until he starts sharing the bounties of other people, in-game messages, who donates most to the game, moderators who people believe are being bias, in-game passwords, e-mails, etc? 

Do I think he will share passwords? Of course not. The point is that Sheepy shouldn’t arbitrarily decide that he can release private or anonymous things about players. 

He’s done it for years. One time I rerolled and he posted my new nation in the IRC channel. Then when I said it wasn’t, he showed my IP to prove it. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow related to Mark Zuckerburg.

• Like 4

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Thalmor is a victim.

He was doxxed and everyone is victim shaming him.

He shouldn't be forced to stay silent. He may have gotten ahead of himself, but it's not an excuse to doxx him and then roll him.

Shame on all of you. He's a person too.

When injustice is law, resistance becomes our duty.

#Justice4Thalmor

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

A number is now offensive ?

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

The number is not racist or offensive. Offense is taken, not given. Do you have a problem with white people?

What is with your life that you believe it is your right to tell QueenM whether she is allowed to feel insulted or not? The number has a clear nazi-related meaning that is not even up for discussion. It's nor your right to determine whether or not this is offensive or not. I know you like to act like you're 12 but get over yourself.

4 hours ago, Lairah said:

I see, and Betulius provided a source to. Thank you to both, i learned something i did not want to know.

I come from Germany. You just happen to know about many of these meanings here and these mumbers as "codewords" actively used by the nazi scene in this country. That's also why it is forbidden here to put numbers like "88" or certain letters such as "KZ" (concentration camp), HJ (Hitler youth), or SS (I think people know what that is) on your car's license plate.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, Mitsuru said:

it is forbidden here to put numbers like "88" or certain letters such as SS (I think people know what that is) on your car's license plate.

Man I not only triggered you hard, I triggered the entire nation into banning Shifty Stranger from license plates.

GG.

• Upvote 2