Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

That "harasser" got a strike because it was the first time this has been done.  He was immediately warned that another attempt of it would result in a ban, and Sheepy was clear about the entire situation to warn all of us, as well as ensure that there was no preferential treatment intended (Therefore that's why he won't breach the anon of the mechanic anymore).  We're currently seeing the results of such actions.

Your worry would hold substance if there is a repeat of this situation that doesn't result in a ban, @Shadowthrone.

Admittedly, I'm ok with either side.  Either be fully transparent or don't.  Just don't play favorites and shoot off private messages.

We (As in the leadership of TGH/KT) had no idea who it was initially.  It was later confessed by Thalmor before Queen M discussed it with Theo and Sketchy.  The logs show this.  So instead of giving us a shot of rectifying the situation ourselves, it was instead used to label everybody in KT guilty when they had no idea of it, and we're in a war cause of it.

Edited by Buorhann

Just now, Kastor said:

I think your thinking is flawed. Things you don’t like doesn’t mean the person doing them is a nazi.

I’m not about to Godwin this thread, but there seems to be a sizeable continent of the player base who are condoning Thalmor’s actions.

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

5 minutes ago, Lairah said:

I've done more than you have, whether or not it is considered is meaningful depends on who you ask. I can point you to some who would say yes, and others who'd just shrug, and yet others who'd say no.

Coming from the guy who literally pulled of a flawless Mitt-Romney impersonation by flip-flopping across the forums faster than a mcdonalds burger across the grill.
You do sometimes say reasonable things that flow logically without shitting on themselves Kastor, why don't you grace the people of orbis by trying to do that more often. I'm sure the only people who will complain will be the people who've hated or disliked you for as long as the sun has been a thing.

Mitt Romney didn’t flip flop very much, just on healthcare, for obvious reasons. Also Mcdonald’s doesn’t flip on the grill, so it’s obvious you either think I’m a straightforward guy, or you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

8 minutes ago, Agent W said:

@Lairah I don’t honestly know who you are, but if you are a defender of Nazi’s, then you’re on my shitlist.

Show me a Nazi i'm defending.

Of all the people i know, the only one i'd really swing at calling an actual Nazi is Shifty, and even then it's still more likely he's just another shitposter like Thalmor who turned the edgy up to 74/10.

Edgy shitposters don't bother me. They could if i let them, there's plenty of things for them to bother me about if i allowed it. Grow up, get some skin, and move on.

I'm also far less concerned about Nazis than their more prevalent... cousins, i guess? On the opposite side of the spectrum, who are responsible for causing this shitshow. When i first arrived at this game a good eight months ago, i know there were some rather far to the right individuals, i've since seen them all disappear or have met them, and despite ticking several boxes that they'd typically go after hard, have not suffered any notable disturbance.

But please, show me an ACTUAL Nazi in PW. Not somebody shitposting to be edgy, an actual nazi, who wants to actually throw Queen into a torture camp and thinks Jews control everything. I have yet seen a real one here, almost like a unicorn, let's see if our dried-out-irrelevant narcissist has any wisdom from the past to show us a Nazi in its natural habitat.

And on this trash with Kastor about you saying how he's black and you're Jewish. Yeah, and? So? I'm not only not straight, i'm trans too, and yet, i linger and interact with these people all the time. I don't go crying to Moderation about it, or screaming harassment, or going "OMFG EBUL TRANSPHUBES" because i'm not some whiny !@#$ who just curls up on the ground and gets kicked. You wanna lay on the ground and get kicked and whine and scream you go right a goddamn head, but don't ask others to join you.

I'll start complaining to somebody when they pose a threat to the me sitting in an air conditioned room in California, all they pose now is the risk of becoming a minor annoyance i can ignore for a few hours and be done with. 

Move on mate, stop choosing to be a victim, it's way more fun not being one.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

That "harasser" got a strike because it was the first time this has been done.  He was immediately warned that another attempt of it would result in a ban, and Sheepy was clear about the entire situation to warn all of us, as well as ensure that there was no preferential treatment intended (Therefore that's why he won't breach the anon of the mechanic anymore).  We're currently seeing the results of such actions.

Your worry would hold substance if there is a repeat of this situation that doesn't result in a ban, @Shadowthrone.

Admittedly, I'm ok with either side.  Either be fully transparent or don't.  Just don't play favorites and shoot off private messages.

We (As in the leadership of TGH/KT) had no idea who it was initially.  It was later confessed by Thalmor before Queen M discussed it with Theo and Sketchy.  The logs show this.  So instead of giving us a shot of rectifying the situation ourselves, it was instead used to label everybody in KT guilty when they had no idea of it, and we're in a war cause of it.

I have no stake in the war or the results of it. What I do though is in how Alex deals with harassment cases. I posit that, because of the call outs earlier in the thread, he doubled down on protecting folks anonymity even if its OOC'ily harming another player. I do believe what he did in this case here, should be him creating a standard for responses to victims of harassment through his half-baked mechanics. 

My worry isn't if Thalmor repeats the situation. It is if any other player does the same. Thalmor I do not believe would be the last player to try to use in-game mechanics to harass a player OOC'ily, and I do believe @Alex has the opportunity to set a standard that involves transparency and protecting the victims more than protecting his coding system tbh.

If he wants to protect anonymity at all costs, I suggest using bounties to OOC'ily harass player should lead to a permanent ban from the game, not a strike. Either he uses a heavy hand, or if he wishes to warn players, then be transparent about it. This apology and middling reaction can create a sub-optimal outcome in how he and other moderators look to handle harassment cases. 

EDIT: Grammar. 

Edited by Shadowthrone
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Agent W said:

Listen Kastor, I don’t think you and I are that different. You’ve always been one to stir the pot, but you’ve never been a malicious person, in my eyes. Shifty is a malicious person, and has shown himself to be a man of poor character. I pride myself on certain values and beliefs, but as a Jewish American, I’m fundamentally against people who promote Neo-Nazi ideals.

Dude you need to stop finessing people with compliments just because they disprove the basis of your argument, you did it with Mikey and you're doing it again with Kastor (in the same thread), stop throwing compliments to those that disprove you and actually counter their points, jeez.

I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

I’m not about to Godwin this thread, but there seems to be a sizeable continent of the player base who are condoning Thalmor’s actions.

The majority of us are not condoning Thalmor's actions, believe it or not we're not all nazi's who are out to get you; You're just saying a lot of stupid and ignorant shit digging a hole so deep you're close to rock bottom.

I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

You've been doing nothing but Godwin the damn thread since you started posting (Though that particular ship sailed many pages ago) and you clearly haven't read a damn one of our posts if you think ANY of us are condoning Thalmor's action.

So please, for all of our sakes and for the sake of honest debate, shut up.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

3 hours ago, Agent W said:

You’re a cancer to this world, plain and simple.

Unfortunately, there are no great men in this world to bring order to chaos.

Lead us to the light, oh great keyboard warrior! Your high level of relevancy and massive schlong will surely smite thy enemies and bring us to the light of an age long since past!

2 hours ago, Agent W said:

Imagine thinking that wolf give a damn about the opinions of sheep. But let’s get back on topic. Who here thinks defending nazi’s is a good idea? I’ve got a greater generation to memorialize.

I'm working on memorializing the 111,000+ Poles killed 81 years ago from this upcoming Saturday. Though they were killed under the Hammer and Sickle. It was an act of genocide, really. Most were ethnically Polish or had Polish sounding last names. 

I hope we can all come together and condemn authoritarianism in all forms. You have these authoritarians operating in plain sight. Not only are they parading an insignia which over a hundred million were killed in the name of "progress", they have a known anti-Semite on their flag. Where's the wars and condemnation against these racists and murderers?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Kastor said:

I’ve been whipping you in every argument we have, Lairah. Get off your high horse I can out debate anyone.

Image result for alright then meme

7 hours ago, Lairah said:

Then he should make it known to everyone and post it in the Moderation section of the forum. Something already suggested by Buorhann, i believe, earlier in this thread. 

And yet here you are, your own arrogance betrays you by continuing to draw you here. If you're a wolf, you're an old one with a wound to the leg and no pack to guard at night.
Which means, again, much like CN and my grandfather in last of 3 months with cancer, you're as good as dead already. 

Which is fitting, considering the rest of your existence. 

Don't worry. I know him from CN. He was never relevant until all the "old gods" who he reveres were long gone and he got his shot at relevance. Victory by default. ;)

• Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

9 hours ago, Agent W said:

i have not now or ever implied you were a nazi @Hodor. But you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

@Buorhann, I’m certainly not wrong when I claim that the people who went to this game are rejects. Abbas, Partisan, Chauncey, Thrax, Keegoz, Lordship, Strum, Yoso, Clarke, and a whole host of others were not of a high enough calibre to lead a successful alliance in CN. TKR and NPO have been the only two alliances in this game who have had the type of leadership that could find success against real challenges.

I never played CN in a serious manner and almost always did it as a favour to become a tech farm for someone in this game or one of the others I've played.

I didn't do much in them because the game was boring, the politics was dying and I was already busy with this game. The only thing that kept my interest was watching the drama in MI6.

Not entirely sure I care about your criticisms though, everyone on that list has been more successful than you have been. Which honestly is amazing because Clarke is on it.

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

4 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Micchan confirmed Nazi.  Sic her @kosmokenny.

I love only myself and I hate you all

If every single one of you was like me we would be all equally hated without any distinction

Embrace the global hate for a better world

3 hours ago, Micchan said:

I love only myself and I hate you all

If every single one of you was like me we would be all equally hated without any distinction

Embrace the global hate for a better world

You could've just posted the whole thing anyways.

ElhvwBY.png

On 8/10/2018 at 8:02 AM, Keegoz said:

Not entirely sure I care about your criticisms though, everyone on that list has been more successful than you have been. Which honestly is amazing because Clarke is on it.

The only two remotely successful things in this game I done was guiding some nations to dominate the top 20 economically when the game first started and recruiting 80 nations to a fake alliance just to tax them for money. I'm surprised I was mentioned tbh.

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

There is indeed absolutely no room to negotiate; TKR, TRF, and TCW must give a public admission of wrongdoing and apologies for Queen M's behavior and for their support of it.

I didn't read the rest of the thread after this. Has anyone come to make the air jerk motion to this quote yet? If not...

tenor.gif

Edited by rollo
  • Downvote 1

STFU

• 6 months later...