Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

5 minutes ago, Agent W said:

You’re one of the worst people I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting. You’re a misogynistic man child who hides behind memes because you don’t have anything intelligent to say. Ultimately, your position, like yourself, is quite weak.

I wouldn't even consider your banter as having met you. The first 1 on 1 was just a few days ago about you whining how you're going to bring me to justice and how I'm "oh so terrible."

But nonetheless, the pleasure is mine. It's great to have such a pompous and grand adversary. I see I've made it to the big leagues to have the mighty W after me.

As for the memes, they're more effective communication than your incessant whining.

As for my position, is it weak? Via personal message it was apparently disturbing and disruptive, causing the community to spiral further downhill. Now it's inconsequential and a minor bother. 

1 minute ago, Agent W said:

I mean, most of P&W’s history is based solely on incompetence. Tenages war plans spilling, Impero trying to bully Partisan, Rose being awful at war, UPN being awful at war, did I miss anything?

So what would happen in your completely competent world then?  CN again?

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

It's a double edged sword my friend, impressed though some may be. I was talking to a girl on tinder once, whereupon I let slip that "I lead an alliance in a browser based nation simulator, and I'm kind of a big deal." Unfortunately she was so taken aback by the grandeur of it all that the poor lass lost the courage to keep messaging me, and I never heard back.

She wasn't worth it then.  Only the real ladies drop their panties for alliance leaders like ourselves.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

I wouldn't even consider your banter as having met you. The first 1 on 1 was just a few days ago about you whining how you're going to bring me to justice and how I'm "oh so terrible."

But nonetheless, the pleasure is mine. It's great to have such a pompous and grand adversary. I see I've made it to the big leagues to have the mighty W after me.

As for the memes, they're more effective communication than your incessant whining.

As for my position, is it weak? Via personal message it was apparently disturbing and disruptive, causing the community to spiral further downhill. Now it's inconsequential and a minor bother. 

You’re a cancer to this world, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

So what would happen in your completely competent world then?  CN again?

She wasn't worth it then.  Only the real ladies drop their panties for alliance leaders like ourselves.

Unfortunately, there are no great men in this world to bring order to chaos.

• Downvote 2

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

20 minutes ago, Agent W said:

You’re one of the worst people I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting. You’re a misogynistic man child who hides behind memes because you don’t have anything intelligent to say. Ultimately, your position, like yourself, is quite weak.

You're nothing but a myopic, arrogant narcissist, rambling on about 'better times and better things', which just so happen to involve a point in your life where half the people who thought you posed any relevance weren't also imaginary. 

You try and talk shit about everyone and everything here, i almost wonder if you yet realize you're a bigger pile of it than most. I didn't even know you existed until now, and now i know why. Because the last time anybody gave a damn about you, it was in a game that's as dead as my grandfather in his last 3 months with cancer. 

You're not better than these people, or anyone else here, many here may be piles of garbage, but so are you, the difference between you and Shifty is that he's a self aware pile of garbage, and you're just an irritating, loud-mouthed narcissist. 

Go back to the shadows of irrelevancy where you belong and whine about how worse everything now is compared to a bygone age of your existence meaning anything.

21 minutes ago, LordStrum said:

we must have different definitions of played, considering I spent most of that time focusing on BK and showing up once a month or so unless people went AWOL

still don't understand how this is remotely relevant to...well anything in all honesty.

You existed in the mythical place of his long gone relevance, the narcissism and arrogance is taking over, don't expect anything of substance, just laugh at the horse and his carriage as you drive by in your Model T.

Also, as for all this shit about Alex and it being his game and he does whatever he wants, gtfo if you dont like it, and other such nonsense. This game is not World of Warcraft. It's not Call of Duty, it's not Battlefield, it's not some giant omnipresent system in the lives of humanity, wherein one in control can actual like a total cocknose and all the outrage that comes after doesn't really mean anything because all publicity is good publicity. 

This game, does not have publicity. It and all other nationsims are very niche, small-scale things, built and operated by small teams of people at best. The power of the free market, is, largely, unable to really scratch at something like CoD. CoD is not afraid of the free market, there's little it can do to hurt it. To games like this, the free market is a cup of unknown liquid. It might be a superpower drug, or it might be hemlock. Drink at your own risk, but tell people to 'gtfo if you dont like it' or 'i am admin i can do anything arbitrarily cause i say so' will be the end of it. 

This is not a game, nor a community, which has the privilege of being a massive MMO, where dozens or hundreds of highly involved, experienced, and invested people leaving is of no major concern because that many people start playing the game everyday or every week. This game has seen that many in it's entire lifetime - years.
They disappear, there's not going to be an army of Guy Fawkes who step from the shadow in a dramatic reveal to drop their masks. 

You all ought to know that by now, but, for some reason, you lack the only good quality Shifty possesses. Basic self awareness. 

Edited by Lairah
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Agent W said:

You’re a cancer to this world, plain and simple.

Unfortunately, there are no great men in this world to bring order to chaos.

"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy."

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Well, of course, we don't have your good leadership skills that you've apparently developed from CN to guide us through this.

He should write a manifesto and post it to the forums. Practice what you preach and preach what you practice. Selfish prick won't share the gift of enlightenment. 

36 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

By informing someone who was harassed who did it is not something Alex should apologise for. Tbh he should apologise for not ensuring the bounty system will not be used for harassing players in game and publicly announcing all of the folks he's warning for carrying out OOC harassment through IG mechanics. 

He has ensured and made clear that the bounty system will not be used for harassment. What he's furthermore assured is that he will not breach player privacy, so that people cannot use OOC moderation as a weapon against their IG opponents.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

He has ensured and made clear that the bounty system will not be used for harassment. What he's furthermore assured is that he will not breach player privacy, so that people cannot use OOC moderation as a weapon against their IG opponents.

That here is the major problem. By allowing folks to not know who's harassing them is faulty logic. Tbh I'd prefer a system where rule breakers in an OOC sphere are made public to ensure the bounty system does not exist to shield them from those they are harassing. By punishing them and well not letting their victims know, I feel falls short of any perceivable standards. 

Knowing one's harassers isn't using OOC moderation against their IG opponents. Thats an extrapolation based on the actions of one player and one player only. To grief an entire community by protecting the identities of folks who're going after folks OOC'ily via an IG mechanism and protected by anonymity does nothing. Alex should be transparent about the folks he's punishing rather than hiding them. If they committed a violation, they don't deserve the same level of anonymity as other folks who have been abiding by the rules of the game and the bounty system. 

• Like 1

Imagine thinking that wolf give a damn about the opinions of sheep. But let’s get back on topic. Who here thinks defending nazi’s is a good idea? I’ve got a greater generation to memorialize.

• Downvote 10

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

42 minutes ago, Lairah said:

You know your argument is idiotic, irredeemable trash when Kastor can drop you this fast and hard.

I’ve been whipping you in every argument we have, Lairah. Get off your high horse I can out debate anyone.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

3 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

That here is the major problem. By allowing folks to not know who's harassing them is faulty logic. Tbh I'd prefer a system where rule breakers in an OOC sphere are made public to ensure the bounty system does not exist to shield them from those they are harassing. By punishing them and well not letting their victims know, I feel falls short of any perceivable standards. 

Knowing one's harassers isn't using OOC moderation against their IG opponents. Thats an extrapolation based on the actions of one player and one player only. To grief an entire community by protecting the identities of folks who're going after folks OOC'ily via an IG mechanism and protected by anonymity does nothing. Alex should be transparent about the folks he's punishing rather than hiding them. If they committed a violation, they don't deserve the same level of anonymity as other folks who have been abiding by the rules of the game and the bounty system. 

Then he should make it known to everyone and post it in the Moderation section of the forum. Something already suggested by Buorhann, i believe, earlier in this thread. 

3 minutes ago, Agent W said:

Imagine thinking that wolf give a damn about the opinions of sheep. But let’s get back on topic. Who here thinks defending nazi’s is a good idea? I’ve got a greater generation to memorialize.

And yet here you are, your own arrogance betrays you by continuing to draw you here. If you're a wolf, you're an old one with a wound to the leg and no pack to guard at night.
Which means, again, much like CN and my grandfather in last of 3 months with cancer, you're as good as dead already. 

Which is fitting, considering the rest of your existence. 

• Downvote 1

3c0.jpg

>hide all OWF threads
>ignore all OWF posts
>do not reply to OWF posters

fireman_animated1.gif

1 minute ago, Kastor said:

I’ve been whipping you in every argument we have, Lairah. Get off your high horse I can out debate anyone.

You didn't whip me at all, as demonstrated by Smith, you simply resort to anime-physics level acrobatic thinking that makes absolutely no sense in the real world and lacks any self awareness or situational awareness. 

I don't need to be on a high horse to be above you, i just need to be able to keep my shit straight, that's all anyone needs to do to be above you, which makes the failure of those who can't all the more embarrassing. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Lairah said:

Then he should make it known to everyone and post it in the Moderation section of the forum. Something already suggested by Buorhann, i believe, earlier in this thread. 

And yet here you are, your own arrogance betrays you by continuing to draw you here. If you're a wolf, you're an old one with a wound to the leg and no pack to guard at night.
Which means, again, much like CN and my grandfather in last of 3 months with cancer, you're as good as dead already. 

Which is fitting, considering the rest of your existence. 

Who even are you? Have you ever served in a meaningful capacity anywhere? Why do you think Nazi’s are people worth defending?

As for Shifty, you’re not a Nazi, you’re just someone who likes to stir the pot. You have no real beliefs or values, so you cause drama because you think it’s funny. What I find funny is that I know five year olds who have more principles than you.

• Downvote 2

Just now, Lairah said:

And it's something I agree with. I wouldn't disagree with it just because Buorhann suggested it tbh. Its a sensible outcome. Alex's response to me was the complete opposite. He designed a system that could be easily abused, and his answer to it is, to double down on aspects of the system that makes it perfect to OOC'ily harass players, not deter them? The anonymity works if we are all responsible and use it so. If not, the same standard could be set and publicly punish the same. By doubling down, he's done nothing to improve the system. He's made the whole system more opaque and left to further questions. 

All those getting strikes for OOC harassment, make it public. That's only fair to the community at large. 

2 minutes ago, Lairah said:

You didn't whip me at all, as demonstrated by Smith, you simply resort to anime-physics level acrobatic thinking that makes absolutely no sense in the real world and lacks any self awareness or situational awareness. 

I don't need to be on a high horse to be above you, i just need to be able to keep my shit straight, that's all anyone needs to do to be above you, which makes the failure of those who can't all the more embarrassing. 

I don’t think your failure to comprehend basic english means that I use “anime-physics level acrobatic thinking”. 

I’ve also noticed you can barely make a post without name-dropping or comparing someone to someone else. If your arguments were valid, you wouldn’t need to do this. 

2 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

And it's something I agree with. I wouldn't disagree with it just because Buorhann suggested it tbh. Its a sensible outcome. Alex's response to me was the complete opposite. He designed a system that could be easily abused, and his answer to it is, to double down on aspects of the system that makes it perfect to OOC'ily harass players, not deter them? The anonymity works if we are all responsible and use it so. If not, the same standard could be set and publicly punish the same. By doubling down, he's done nothing to improve the system. He's made the whole system more opaque and left to further questions. 

All those getting strikes for OOC harassment, make it public. That's only fair to the community at large. 

I sorta disagree with this?  I don't think Sheepy double downed necessarily, in fact, I think he made it very clear in his post that he won't tolerate it anymore and will most likely suspend or ban future transgressions of players abusing the mechanic to spread a hate message.

Who even are you? Have you ever served in a meaningful capacity anywhere? Why do you think Nazi’s are people worth defending?

As for Shifty, you’re not a Nazi, you’re just someone who likes to stir the pot. You have no real beliefs or values, so you cause drama because you think it’s funny. What I find funny is that I know five year olds who have more principles than you.

While I’m not a fan of Lairah, don’t try to argue the argument from authority. Just because they haven’t accomplished much in the grand scheme of things, doesn’t mean their argument is any less valid. 

You’re also upset because, according to you, a person on the internet doesn’t have any values? Then you contradict yourself. If he likes to stir the pot, then obviously that’s a value he has. If he tries to be funny, that’s a value he has. Causing drama is a value. Values that aren’t good or aren’t the values you have don’t negate the values that are there.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kastor said:

While I’m not a fan of Lairah, don’t try to argue the argument from authority. Just because they haven’t accomplished much in the grand scheme of things, doesn’t mean their argument is any less valid. 

You’re also upset because, according to you, a person on the internet doesn’t have any values? Then you contradict yourself. If he likes to stir the pot, then obviously that’s a value he has. If he tries to be funny, that’s a value he has. Causing drama is a value. Values that aren’t good or aren’t the values you have don’t negate the values that are there.

Listen Kastor, I don’t think you and I are that different. You’ve always been one to stir the pot, but you’ve never been a malicious person, in my eyes. Shifty is a malicious person, and has shown himself to be a man of poor character. I pride myself on certain values and beliefs, but as a Jewish American, I’m fundamentally against people who promote Neo-Nazi ideals.

Edited by Agent W

10 minutes ago, Agent W said:

I've done more than you have, whether or not it is considered is meaningful depends on who you ask. I can point you to some who would say yes, and others who'd just shrug, and yet others who'd say no.

8 minutes ago, Kastor said:

I don’t think your failure to comprehend basic english means that I use “anime-physics level acrobatic thinking”. 

I’ve also noticed you can barely make a post without name-dropping or comparing someone to someone else. If your arguments were valid, you wouldn’t need to do this. 

Coming from the guy who literally pulled of a flawless Mitt-Romney impersonation by flip-flopping across the forums faster than a mcdonalds burger across the grill.
You do sometimes say reasonable things that flow logically without shitting on themselves Kastor, why don't you grace the people of orbis by trying to do that more often. I'm sure the only people who will complain will be the people who've hated or disliked you for as long as the sun has been a thing.

• Downvote 1

On 8/8/2018 at 5:28 AM, Alex said:
  • This is the only time it's happened before (or since) and I have no intention of doing it again
  • I have obviously learned from my mistake here not to entrust sensitive information to a player

On 8/8/2018 at 5:28 AM, Alex said:

EDIT: For extreme clarity, I will again reiterate that this was a one time thing, there have not been other instances of this, and going forward I will NOT breach player anonymity such as in this case (short of a court order, of course)

Quoting what he said @Buorhann. The bounty system is prone to abuse, and his answer is "I'll deal with it, you needn't know who's harassing you, sorry." Thats an unfair position to take and makes the system worse. His answer should be one of complete transparency with regards to in-game mechanics being used to target folks OOC'ily. I do not buy the anonymity argument completely, for thats if you use the system without the intention of causing OOC harm. By doubling down on it, he's ensuring that victims of OOC harassment through his game do not even know who's harassing them? How does that make any sense whatsoever? So the harasser gets a strike and knows the person he/she/they are targeting will never know who caused it? Thats at any level a system designed to protect them over the victims and one which does more harm than good. 

4 minutes ago, Agent W said:

Listen Kastor, I don’t think you and I are that different. You’ve always been one to stir the pot, but you’ve never been a malicious person, in my eyes. Shifty is a malicious person, and has shown himself to be a man of poor character. I pride myself on certain values and beliefs, but as a Jewish American, I’m fundamentally against people who promote now-Nazi ideals.

>Talks about others having poor character
>Literally done nothing here but shittalk the game, everyone in it, everything they did, and says they're all irrelevant trash
>S E L F  A W A R E N E S S  D R O P S  T O  0

• Downvote 1

@Lairah I don’t honestly know who you are, but if you are a defender of Nazi’s, then you’re on my shitlist.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Agent W said:

Listen Kastor, I don’t think you and I are that different. You’ve always been one to stir the pot, but you’ve never been a malicious person, in my eyes. Shifty is a malicious person, and has shown himself to be a man of poor character. I pride myself on certain values and beliefs, but as a Jewish American, I’m fundamentally against people who promote Neo-Nazi ideals.

I think your thinking is flawed. Things you don’t like doesn’t mean the person doing them is a nazi.