Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

Just now, Kastor said:

My DMs are wide open and it’ll be the last time I speak to you about this on the forums.

> Spreads OOC memes in every discord channel hes in

> Doesn't understand why hes seen as the bad guy

> "DM me because I don't want to address this in public"

lol okay

• Downvote 2

C0r3Fye.png

4 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

You treatied yourself with nazis. You're not stupid enough to not have known that beforehand. You're also not stupid enough to not know that nazi shit isn't allowed in game. You're also not stupid enough to think the idiot nazis you signed with were really capable of keeping it from leaking into the game. Your only position here is that when aforementioned nazi shit did leak into the game, against the rules, Alex fricked you by outing the guy who did it. I'm not sure why you're more upset about that than about your ally saying "Heil Hitler" as he put a bounty on a black woman, but your priorities seem really off on this one. 

You just keep pushing a narrative that simply isn’t true. KT isn’t a bunch of nazis. Having an alliance based off Christian values doesn’t mean that the alliance is a nazi sympathizer.

On top of that, speaking as a BLACK MAN, I’ve never been harassed or OOC attacked by KT, and I talk to them all the time. I think it’s more of the fact of who Queen M is as a person. She constantly talks down and belittles them, tells them their trash, and generally insults KT as a whole.

Thalmor founded and led KT. Birthed it, when a lot of people thought it wouldn’t amount to anything. Remember, there were 3 TEst alliances. KT was presumed to be the one to fail. 

Obviously I disapprove of any actions that cause or promote racism, sexism, or bigotry. However, founding Lordaeron I understand where Thalmor was coming from. He felt like he was just defending his honor. He needs to learn that he can’t resort to nazi attacks to defend his honor, however. 

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

7 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Come on, dude.

I'm gonna try and settle this in good faith.

1. We are not defending Thalmor's actions.

2. We are not claiming Thalmor is a victim. We do not have a problem with him being punished in whatever way Alex sees fit.

3. We do have a problem with Thalmor's actions being used as justification for IG actions/demands.

That's literally it. Sure, we can argue about the extent to which 3 is true, but we have the admin of the game admitting that his mistake led to IG consequences.

If you want to come at me and call me a Nazi you must be out of your goddamn mind and I don't think I'm entirely in the wrong for thinking much of the game would agree with me.

In good faith, I'm not calling GH nazis. KT has been goose stepping all over the place since their inception though, so why you decided to ally with them, I don't know. I don't see anything wrong with you getting attacked for it either, because you're tied to nazis and the nazis gotta be hit. I'd love to hear why GH thought it was a good idea to ally with nazis, and stay as such to this day, but don't try and pretend you didn't know, or it's obviously not a good faith discussion. 

1 minute ago, Kastor said:

You just keep pushing a narrative that simply isn’t true. KT isn’t a bunch of nazis. Having an alliance based off Christian values doesn’t mean that the alliance is a nazi sympathizer.

On top of that, speaking as a BLACK MAN, I’ve never been harassed or OOC attacked by KT, and I talk to them all the time. I think it’s more of the fact of who Queen M is as a person. She constantly talks down and belittles them, tells them their trash, and generally insults KT as a whole.

Thalmor founded and led KT. Birthed it, when a lot of people thought it wouldn’t amount to anything. Remember, there were 3 TEst alliances. KT was presumed to be the one to fail. 

Obviously I disapprove of any actions that cause or promote racism, sexism, or bigotry. However, founding Lordaeron I understand where Thalmor was coming from. He felt like he was just defending his honor. He needs to learn that he can’t resort to nazi attacks to defend his honor, however. 

Yeah, and shifty isn't a nazi because he's not white. Nazism isn't a Christian value, but it is a KT value, and there's plenty of discord logs floating around since it started to corroborate that. 

• Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

You treatied yourself with nazis. You're not stupid enough to not have known that beforehand. You're also not stupid enough to not know that nazi shit isn't allowed in game. You're also not stupid enough to think the idiot nazis you signed with were really capable of keeping it from leaking into the game. Your only position here is that when aforementioned nazi shit did leak into the game, against the rules, Alex fricked you by outing the guy who did it. I'm not sure why you're more upset about that than about your ally saying "Heil Hitler" as he put a bounty on a black woman, but your priorities seem really off on this one. 

I play the game as it is in its current rule set AND intended mechanics.  Never have I broken a rule throughout my history in this game.

Regardless of the perceived ideaology’s that people like to label on others, I do my best to play with anyone while at the same time I encourage those in their own Discord and the moderators here in this game to rightfully punish transgressors of blatant attacks as they see fit or as the rules state in their current establishment.

With that said, I do not follow Mob Rule or the emotional justice they seek out.  That sets very dangerous precedents and it becomes a HUGE slippery slope later as it progresses.  It throws out any attempts of maintaining order to ensure those that are innocent are not mislabeled or improperly attacked (similar to how Smith is attacked, which has gotten absolutely stupid at this point).

As I have stated multiple times in this, I am not arguing that Thalmor shouldn’t be punished (Or Rickky, or Kastor, or any others who step over the lines), but if they are to be punished - follow the foundation of the rules and punishments to do so.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

In good faith, I'm not calling GH nazis. KT has been goose stepping all over the place since their inception though, so why you decided to ally with them, I don't know. I don't see anything wrong with you getting attacked for it either, because you're tied to nazis and the nazis gotta be hit. I'd love to hear why GH thought it was a good idea to ally with nazis, and stay as such to this day, but don't try and pretend you didn't know, or it's obviously not a good faith discussion. 

Mate, I'm gov. I have access to all the channels where KT could light their tiki torches and pomade each others hitler youth haircuts. I've seen none of that. I think there is a genuine problem with conflating right wing beliefs with nazism and left wing beliefs with communism that has proven particularly toxic in this game.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, kosmokenny said:

Yeah, and shifty isn't a nazi because he's not white. Nazism isn't a Christian value, but it is a KT value, and there's plenty of discord logs floating around since it started to corroborate that. 

If Nazis had to be hit, then why did nuke bloc never hit them? Or just Fark? 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

12 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Mate, I'm gov. I have access to all the channels where KT could light their tiki torches and pomade each others hitler youth haircuts. I've seen none of that. I think there is a genuine problem with conflating right wing beliefs with nazism and left wing beliefs with communism that has proven particularly toxic in this game.

You must be missing one. My computer with the logs on it had an unfortunate incident involving mountain dew last year, so I don't have em anymore, but I'm sure others can if you would like to see them. 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Your previous post didn’t show anything but your opinion on how you would handle it, @James II.  Sheepy already punished him according to how he saw fit.

You two argue that it’s his game and he can do what he wants, but he did do that, and he also realized a player lied to him to get information he normally wouldn’t give out.

Are you two absolutely stupid or something?

Obviously. 

• Upvote 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Can you point out in this TOS where it states the anonymity is removed once someone violates the rules?

Pretty sure this game is based on Admin punishment and not Mob Rule.

Where does it say his anonymity can't be removed in the rules?

See how that works?

In sum, Sheepy can do whatever the hell he wants, it's his house. And if you want to be a dick in his house, don't get mad when you get called out for it.

EDIT: He did it under his own prerogative, what are you talking about punishment isn't mob rule? His decision was made without any 'mob' weighing in on it. 

If you're referring to everyone shitting on y'all for defending Thalmor, well we have freedom of speech or something like that. No where in the rules does it say we can't say y'all are being dicks and call you out on it in the forums for being dicks. That's not mob rule, that's an exchange of ideas. You sound like antifa right now.

Edited by James II

Am I AntiFa or a Nazi, @James II?  I can’t keep up with your wild swings of logical thinking.

Pretty sure the logs and statement from Sheepy CLEARLY establishes his intention, only a dunce would try to argue otherwise.

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Am I AntiFa or a Nazi, @James II?  I can’t keep up with your wild swings of logical thinking.

Pretty sure the logs and statement from Sheepy CLEARLY establishes his intention, only a dunce would try to argue otherwise.

When did I call you a Nazi or antifa? 

You sound like antifa. Whiney and snowflakey.

His intention to do what? Where is the mob rule? One person asked who it was and that's mob rule? How?

Can you point out in this TOS where it states the anonymity is removed once someone violates the rules?

Pretty sure this game is based on Admin punishment and not Mob Rule.

Like I said in my previous post, the only analogy I could think of is as follows: People breaking the law in real life tend to earn jail time, in which you become a prisoner with revoked rights, I believe the same applies here. If Thalmor breaks the ToS then yeah I don't think he should be allowed to keep his right to anonymity, otherwise he would have used the in-game mechanics to hide his crime behind closed doors. I don't agree with what Queen did with the information provided by Alex (using it as a cb), but I also don't think that Thalmor should be allowed to throw hate towards someone anonymously.

I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

2 hours ago, James II said:

It wasn't used as a CB. They werea lready at war with KT when it happened. Shifty defamed him by putting it on the OWF. He's a terrible friend. No one would have known what 1488 meant or that Thalmor did it had shifty not made it everyone's buisness on the OWF

Ok guys so far I got:

-You're doing this to help your Neo-Nazi friends-Wana

-You did this because Thalmor betrayed your Nazi order -Kosmo

-You publicly shamed Thalmor. Shifty, you're a shit friend-James II (this is funny because see below)

Meanwhile we have people saying TGH and KT are terrible for not punishing Thalmor for his immoral actions.

So uhh I guess, I'm a terrible friend for publicly shaming my Neo-Nazi brother for betraying our secret New Order?

mhoXGgs.gif

See how this is quality news? Everyone has their own interpretation.

12 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

He was told if he does it again, he’ll be outright banned.

I understand, but I do believe Queen had the right to know who the aggressor was, what she did with that info was all her own choice and she had a right to disclose it if she wished. Although lying to Alex was wrong, I don't believe Alex had the right in the first place to restrict who she gave that info to. I believe that because it was her business, she had the right to talk about the situation with whomever. I don't believe her use of the info to validate a cb is justified because imo OOC info should never be used to cause in-game conflict.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cianuro said:

I understand, but I do believe Queen had the right to know who the aggressor was, what she did with that info was all her own choice and she had a right to disclose it if she wished. Although lying to Alex was wrong, I don't believe Alex had the right in the first place to restrict who she gave that info to. I believe that because it was her business, she had the right to talk about the situation with whomever. I don't believe her use of the info to validate a cb is justified because imo OOC info should never be used to cause in-game conflict.

She had no right to that information and under no circumstance should she have being given it. Its not her business what someone else does in-game with their money. 

• Downvote 2

IpHGyGc.png

"Its not her business what someone else does in-game with their money."

If someone uses their money to harass you, then it becomes your business.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

5 minutes ago, Cianuro said:

"Its not her business what someone else does in-game with their money."

If someone uses their money to harass you, then it becomes your business.

Why does she need to know who "harassed" her if she doesn't already know? Move on with your life, stop being a victim.

• Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Why does she need to know who "harassed" her if she doesn't already know? Move on with your life, stop being a victim.

"Move on with your life, stop being a victim."

I don't know if that is directed at me or Queen, but it shouldn't be at me.

Why should there ever be a case where you **shouldn't** be informed of your anonymous harasser? As I said before, it is her business (and considering that you didn't address my statement about using money to harass someone and it becoming their business, you seem to agree that is a correct statement?) so she therefore has the right to know who else in involved in her business.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

8 minutes ago, Cianuro said:

"Move on with your life, stop being a victim."

I don't know if that is directed at me or Queen, but it shouldn't be at me.

Why should there ever be a case where you **shouldn't** be informed of your anonymous harasser? As I said before, it is her business (and considering that you didn't address my statement about using money to harass someone and it becoming their business, you seem to agree that is a correct statement?) so she therefore has the right to know who else in involved in her business.

It was not directed at you. 

Ahem no, if she can't find out who put a bounty on her through the avenues there is for every other bounty then she has no right to know who put the bounty on her. The whole taking offence at numbers is overrated, is she really offended by a future for white children and a salute to Hitler, I highly doubt it. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

I really did not want to continue the argument much longer, these things just contribute to an already toxic thread.

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

It was not directed at you. 

Ahem no, if she can't find out who put a bounty on her through the avenues it is for every other bounty then she has no right to know who put the bounty on her. The whole taking offence at numbers is overrated, is she really offended by a future for white children and a salute to Hitler, I highly doubt it. 

Alright.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg