Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Lesson learned, I hope.

Yes, believe me that there's nothing more than I like to not have a bunch of angry players sending me DMs and stirring up things on the forums. You can believe me when I say I won't do it again because it very much aligns with my self-interest in minimizing moderation work.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

And just for the sake of clarity here, a couple of screenshots and the initial terms given to us (They've changed since.  Now TRF wants a flag pissing on KT's flag, or some similar edgy story):

cZBmHMZ.png&key=6b2986dc072099e33e2080bc

t7puRqb.png

Staup5P.png

"Not a lot, if any, room for negotiation on these. We think they're pretty straightforward and reasonable.

1. Public Admission of Defeat and Apologies (first vetted by us)
- Thalmor: for posting the bounty on Queenie
- Buorhann: for his behavior towards Queenie, for not reigning in his alliance (read: Rickky), and for trying to interfere in TCW FA
2. The name of the leakers for the OWF log of the TKR slack chat/war update forum post and the Kayser goodbye post (with accompanying proof)
3. KT has to change their in-game flag to the TRF war flag for one month and TGH to a flag of Felkey's design, also for one month"

Just showing that the information was clearly used for war.  I mean, even Pre linked the thread that clearly calls Thalmor out too.

Don't worry, TKR will be enforcing your demands, TRF.  The high gov was well aware of what was going on.  It's ok.  You're "not allies", but you're "coalition allies", so they're obligated I guess.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3

Lol Queen M was disappointed it was Thalmor.

Who was she really trying to catch?

Also she lied to Alex and took advantage of him.

Looks like not only Thalmor was the victim of privacy breach, but now Alex was manipulated.

stalin_300x300.jpg

Can anyone stop Stalin?

• Upvote 3

I didn’t lie. I did not and never have lied because I already see where this is going and I’m not going to let this story be told without my input because that’s how lies and false narratives get started.

I told Alex that I would not tell and I would not start a war over what he told me. I did neither. The only person I told was Durmij. To the best of my knowledge, this came about because Thalmor told everyone. After he let the cat out of the bag, I thought it was public knowledge and that he’d step up so we could squash it and move on. Cowardice will never cease.

As for me starting this war? No, I did not. It doesn’t logistically make sense for me, fresh off a merger with messy nations, to initiate anything. We were invited, we accepted, and we did. Why? We wanted to hit KT since forever but the timing was never right. Not a secret. Opportunity knocked. I made the mistake of trying to be cute on the forums but I now know that’s only for the seasoned shitposters. My bad. I can’t keep up with what counts for a valid cb these days with you guys.

I did nothing wrong and have nothing to apologize for, full stop. I don’t think Alex had anything to apologize for, either, but you guys pay his bills so makes sense he’s respond to the tears being poured over this.

>Mad at Alex for violating anonymity behind something hateful 

>Not caring what was hateful was done in the first place

>Assuming I have the juice to rope TKR and TCW into a vengeance campaign

>Everyone pretending Thalmor is ”edgy” when this isn’t the first time, folks. Be real and quit with the amnesia shit.

>Thinking I need to be shamed or embarrassed into a white peace because of bs e-lawyering and butthurtedness over pixels. 

I lied to no one. I did nothing wrong. The Revolutionary Front did nothing wrong. If you think otherwise, happy to agree to disagree, but you’d be wrong. My PR in this game doesn’t mean as much as it does to a lot of you and I value the TRUTH more than anything else. Honor and honesty always. Say what you want but calling me a liar is a dog that don’t hunt.

This is sore losing on 100.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 21

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

-snip-

There is indeed absolutely no room to negotiate; TKR, TRF, and TCW must give a public admission of wrongdoing and apologies for Queen M's behavior and for their support of it. This is entirely beyond ridiculous; they deliberately lied to the admin with the intention of using game moderation as a weapon... and they weren't even hoping to use this against Thalmor anyway?

Making demands and saying that they're inflexible, and then changing them due to pressure, well that just proves that their position is weak and it costs them their credibility.

22 minutes ago, Django Jane said:

I didn’t lie. I did not and never have lied because I already see where this is going and I’m not going to let this story be told without my input because that’s how lies and false narratives get started.

I told Alex that I would not tell and I would not start a war over what he told me. I did neither. The only person I told was Durmij. To the best of my knowledge, this came about because Thalmor told everyone. After he let the cat out of the bag, I thought it was public knowledge and that he’d step up so we could squash it and move on. Cowardice will never cease.

As for me starting this war? No, I did not. It doesn’t logistically make sense for me, fresh off a merger with messy nations, to initiate anything. We were invited, we accepted, and we did. Why? We wanted to hit KT since forever but the timing was never right. Not a secret. Opportunity knocked. I made the mistake of trying to be cute on the forums but I now know that’s only for the seasoned shitposters. My bad. I can’t keep up with what counts for a valid cb these days with you guys.

I did nothing wrong and have nothing to apologize for, full stop. I don’t think Alex had anything to apologize for, either, but you guys pay his bills so makes sense he’s respond to the tears being poured over this.

>Mad at Alex for violating anonymity behind something hateful 

>Not caring what was hateful was done in the first place

>Assuming I have the juice to rope TKR and TCW into a vengeance campaign

>Everyone pretending Thalmor is ”edgy” when this isn’t the first time, folks. Be real and quit with the amnesia shit.

>Thinking I need to be shamed or embarrassed into a white peace because of bs e-lawyering and butthurtedness over pixels. 

I lied to no one. I did nothing wrong. The Revolutionary Front did nothing wrong. If you think otherwise, happy to agree to disagree, but you’d be wrong. My PR in this game doesn’t mean as much as it does to a lot of you and I value the TRUTH more than anything else. Honor and honesty always. Say what you want but calling me a liar is a dog that don’t hunt.

This is sore losing on 100.

>"That means my gotcha is gone"
>"Ruined my f**ing plans"
>Literally using it as your CB

Stop lying. Even right there in your own post, you say that you didn't tell anyone... except Durmij, which means you lied to Sheepy if nothing else.

Now, this whole thing is OOC drama and should be left as such, so you should absolutely apologize regardless of any relationship this may or may not have to the war.

Rather, you should be embarassed into a white peace because you freaking fail at war and are getting rekt.

izrVoQ6.png

Sore losing/100 indeed.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
smh autocensoring isn't letting me quote accurately
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Stop lying. Even right there in your own post, you say that you didn't tell anyone... except Durmij, which means you lied to Sheepy if nothing else.

Now, this whole thing is OOC drama and should be left as such, so you should absolutely apologize regardless of any relationship this may or may not have to the war.

Rather, you should be embarassed into a white peace because you freaking fail at war and are getting rekt.

izrVoQ6.png

Sore losing/100 indeed.

I thought demanding/requesting apologies isn't supposed to be done because you'll get a fake af one?

Also i dont know how to put a thinking emoji in here but I would definitely use it at the end of that question so you get this instead.

PNW Animal 2.jpg

Dorky Weeb Two

932112515_z23jHkk-Imgur.png.81dd52a14449c4172a2f4ff46c92439b.png

1 minute ago, CuppyCakeYums said:

I thought demanding/requesting apologies isn't supposed to be done because you'll get a fake af one?

Huh?  I didn't request or demand an apology.  Are you using my words to counter Scarfalot or something?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joel James said:

Hey guys, maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. I mean, the way I see it Queen M managed to get at least some of us to do the impossible:

Side with Sheepy when he technically messed something up.

That takes skill of truly monumental proportions. 

Queen M herself-TRF

Cuppy-TCW

and now Joel-Silenzio

TKR is really trying to bring in their better posters to turn this around.

We've got 'em now. No retreat, no surrender. 

Thalmor demands justice. Alex demands trust.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

Queen M herself-TRF

Cuppy-TCW

and now Joel-Silenzio

I barely post though and still cant find the thinking emoji so I cant be a better poster :c

Dorky Weeb Two

19 minutes ago, ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

I believe I AM the truth and the light.

I exposed this and brought integrity back into the game.

also my PR means nothing. Look at all the scandals I've gone through. Shifty can literally get away with anything. I am Richard Nixon with plot armor.

ZIhqSLX.jpg

also those notifications are getting reeeeal tiresome

15 minutes ago, CuppyCakeYums said:

Also i dont know how to put a thinking emoji in here but I would definitely use it at the end of that question so you get this instead.

PNW Animal 2.jpg

You're right, but TKW and TRK and TCF have been demanding an apology for perceived OOC misbehavior so it's only fair to hold them to their own standards.

(Also you can just google a picture of thinking emoji and put it in, it'd work just as well. Cute platypus tho.

Here's a link to one that you can hotlink, but there's a ton more. Be careful, a lot of them seem to be weird about "get image location" and gave me complete garbage when I tried...)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1061/1924/files/Thinking_Face_Emoji.png?9898922749706957214

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
emote
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

Queen M herself-TRF

Cuppy-TCW

and now Joel-Silenzio

Silly Shifty, you think I'm active enough or care enough to play politics. 

No, I just see someone who was screwed over by a !@#$ who played the victim card. Yes, it sucked that she was the target of such racism, but she rapidly eroded any sympathy by doing what she did. 

My sympathies to Sheepy. It must have sucked to see your good deed backfire as such, even if it was poorly thought out. 

EDIT: Also, thank you for pointing out that I am part of SIlenzio! Usually I am (understandably) overshadowed by Strum and Psweet!

Edited by Joel James
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

(Also you can just google a picture of thinking emoji and put it in, it'd work just as well. Cute platypus tho.)

Thank you! I like animals too! Also, to me it wouldnt feel the same if i googled a picture of the emoji ?

Edited by CuppyCakeYums
spelling
  • Like 1

Dorky Weeb Two

3 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

ZIhqSLX.jpg

That's wonderful. Saved and now following. 

Remember to mail or post all fan comments, letters, and memes @therealShiftyStranger

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lairah said:

You mean one so incompetently run it's the only alliance on your side in the red, and that it's getting out performed ET

To be fair, everybody is getting outperformed by ET, including KT. Go figure. As for being the only alliance on their side in the red, we expect to see TCW flipping to negative net damage within a couple of weeks at the outside. TRF is still over -1.5bn net damage though. TKR is the only one that's really got a backlog of net damage from the early rounds for us to chew through, that'll take longer. Possibly a couple of months, but our net damage has been accelerating every round since about round 3 by our metrics.

Also holy wall of text batman :wacko:

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

5 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

To be fair, everybody is getting outperformed by ET, including KT. Go figure. As for being the only alliance on their side in the red, we expect to see TCW flipping to negative net damage within a couple of weeks at the outside. TRF is still over -1.5bn net damage though. TKR is the only one that's really got a backlog of net damage from the early rounds for us to chew through, that'll take longer. Possibly a couple of months, but our net damage has been accelerating every round since about round 3 by our metrics.

Also holy wall of text batman :wacko:

Here's hoping the people its meant for read it instead of skimming. Also that i don't get some kind of crap for being high gov of a TKR protectorate and being so 'bold and brash' towards an """"""""ally""""""" or whatever you wanna call it.

• Downvote 1