Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

9 minutes ago, Isaac Lazarus said:

But one these things is not like the other, and you're absolutely right. I'll admit I skimmed Kastor's post the first time around. I wasn't aware of this, and it's a much bigger deal.

I'd still argue that in Thalmor's case, the worst Alex did was weaken the credibility of his own game platform. That is what I believe can be repaired with a commitment to a consistent and transparent approach in future.

But broadcasting a user's IP address, particularly on an outside medium, is materially different. And starts to look like a pattern of disregard for user security. I can appreciate a few of the voices in this thread a bit more in that light.

How would you see a way forward from that? Besides en masse deletion, that is. Log into P&W through a third-party portal that insulates private data from Alex' server?  

Well, unfortunately, doing what you suggest would be an open invitation for easy multi use and anonymous cheating, not to mention harassment infinitely worse than a cheeky bounty; Alex really does need that information to function as a moderator and referee for the game. I've seen what happens when the administrator is ineffectual, it's not pretty. If anyone thinks that anonymously writing the number '1488' is toxic behavior, well, that's nothing compared to how bad I've seen things get.

@Django Jane, I honestly hope you can manage to stay as safe and as coddled in your little world as you are, because if this is how hard you take a single bad joke, then I honestly and legitimately fear for how you'd react to real harassment.

4 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

TBH - the real issue here is that Alex doesn't know where to draw the line. When you're on the same level as your consumers/community in a game its hard to find the solid, clear line of personal and business. Obviously, anyone can say "he should know!" - but its honestly tough. Being that I've been around these parts since pretty much the birth of the game, I know that Alex has had relations with kastor - they even worked together on an april fools I believe it was. When you develop rapport, who knows how that converstaion actually went down with the sharing of the IP address. Was it within good company? Was the mood fun/joking? 

Should it have happened? Nah. 

Should thalmors name been released? nah no need

Should there be better alternatives to lactose free cheeses that don't taste like ass cardboard? Yes

But thats not the current case. Y'all can be like 'lets delete' but you wont, you will be here, still playing, because whether you like it or not, this is the only 'good' nation simulation on the market that has the freedom and isn't p2w and allows you to be a complete !@#$ within the community.

Alex, should simply apologize - just alike any business owner who is confronted with hard truth. Identify the weakness and identify how HE is going to fix his behavior. That is the only meaningful thing I can see being done here.

TBH listening to you guys whine and say frick is hilarious, but this circle jerk is gettin pretty messy.

^this puts it better than I could

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, unfortunately, doing what you suggest would be an open invitation for easy multi use and anonymous cheating, not to mention harassment infinitely worse than a cheeky bounty; Alex really does need that information to function as a moderator and referee for the game. I've seen what happens when the administrator is ineffectual, it's not pretty. If anyone thinks that anonymously writing the number '1488' is toxic behavior, well, that's nothing compared to how bad I've seen things get.

@Django Jane, I honestly hope you can manage to stay as safe and as coddled in your little world as you are, because if this is how hard you take a single bad joke, then I honestly and legitimately fear for how you'd react to real harassment.

^this puts it better than I could

If she ever is confronted with it, I'd call the police. I just can't see that going down without somebody getting arrested for assault or hurting themselves of they act like they have here to such minor provocations.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

> Declares war on war alliances.

Week 1: "We'll just go to war for like 2 weeks and then peace out"

Week 2: "Nah lets wait for them to come to us"

Week 3: "Why haven't the alliances whose sole purpose for existence is to fight wars, not come to us for peace?"

Week 4:  TKR to TKR Membership "Sorry guys, we know the war has dragged out a bit, we didn't anticipate that our opponents would be so stubborn in dragging out the war, by not contacting us for peace, despite us not contacting them, or making any clear statement about our intentions, even though we only wanted 2 weeks of war."

Week 5: 6bb9cf7ed258af67b8eb54efafee7956.png

> It was only meant to be 2 weeks

Well, maybe now they've learned that while you can declare war on your own timetable, you still can't hold the course of a war to a schedule ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wew, and I thought the t$-Alpha war had been bad, OOC drama wise...

Just a small suggestion: please ease up on the OOC stuff, we don't need P&W to become any more similar to that CN shithole. Or, if you're gonna make a habit of starting alliance wars on OOC stuff, don't be surprised if, IC wise, you end up biting off more than you can chew.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

what happened to the good old days, when people went after their opponents stupidity in game, and not all this stupid OOC shit.

Scarf, I am glade to see that if I make veiled racist comments against you, its your fault if you get upset about it.

SRD, there's more to the story, but it's good to see that you approve of bias administration powers.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

SRD, there's more to the story, but it's good to see that you approve of bias administration powers.

If one of my members did something like this, I would have no issues with that member being outed.  I would actually prefer to know ASAP so that I know I can remove them from Grumpy, I got no time for that crap in my alliance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If one of my members did something like this, I would have no issues with that member being outed.  I would actually prefer to know ASAP so that I know I can remove them from Grumpy, I got no time for that crap in my alliance.

I'm sure we would've liked to have known ASAP as well before they used it as a CB alongside with their current allies in this conflict, but not everybody has those close ties to Sheepy to benefit from such.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

what happened to the good old days, when people went after their opponents stupidity in game, and not all this stupid OOC shit.

Scarf, I am glade to see that if I make veiled racist comments against you, its your fault if you get upset about it.

It would absolutely be entirely my fault if I got upset about it. A single tasteless, veiled, anonymous, obscure prod is nothing to worry about.

What I would do, and what should be done, is report it to the moderators (if applicable), and if necessary block you; either way, overreacting is worse than not reacting, because that is what encourages trolling. It doesn't make trolling or racism or tasteless jackassery alright, of course, but it does make it worse.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Bingo. And KT wasn't told at all, so your entire point is rather moot.

• Like 1

XLL3z4T.gif

1 hour ago, Sketchy said:

Bingo. And KT wasn't told at all, so your entire point is rather moot.

Woah don't be untruthful, we were told after a good 3 weeks into the war. Clearly we should have read their minds and dealt with Thalmor.

It's almost like they hung onto this for a specific reason...

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

3 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

I even asked a couple of times what thalmor actually did in that one declaration thread and no one would tell me. Guess I should have just asked sheepy. 

Same here bro! I even DM'd Thalmor and talked to people from both sides including posting in that thread with my 'updates' on my investigative search for "what thalmor did" 

• Upvote 1