Shifty News Network-Playing Favorites

2 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

That's what you take from that statement?  Kastor you are killing me.

I already said that I don’t agree with Thalmor. Not sure what more you want me to do. They’re literally fighting a war over him through in-game means. The point isn’t of coming to aid, no one is arguing if Thalmor is in the wrong. The argument is about Sheepy going around in-game features to support another person. 

If Sheepy had never told Queen M, we wouldn’t be having this discussion right now.

• Upvote 3

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

15 minutes ago, Django Jane said:

Are you aware of talks that have been had? 

There is a clear disconnect here (or blatant lies) and I’d love to clear it up, but I understand the only gov not afraid of lil’ ol’ me and have the balls to clear the air in your coalition are Sketchy and Theo.

I am, actually.  If they want to clear the air over what you and others have discussed, then so be it.

My point is separate from that.  I know it’s hard for people to separate the game from their emotions, but it’s there.

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

I know it’s hard for people to separate the game from their emotions, but it’s there.

tumblr_p7uf9wn7T11uyg4r8o2_540.gif

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Was the bounty out there before the war and is it the actual reasoning for attacking or is it just the reason for demands in negotiations?

The one thread was labeled “we know what Thalmor did”.

And was the only reason given for the declaration  in the OP  

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

10 minutes ago, Roquentin said:

Was the bounty out there before the war and is it the actual reasoning for attacking or is it just the reason for demands in negotiations?

Our reasons were that we were invited and we wanted to, full stop. Nothing more than that. The bounty was just the cherry on the shit sundae to make us justified. 

We’re stalled in talks because the very first (and only thing) we demanded was a public admission and apology. It really could have ended right there, but that was deemed too steep a price to pay. So now every counteroffer (we’re on the third or fourth now) after that has been a “nah, TRF sucks and Queen M is a biatch.”

This was only supposed to go 2 weeks max. The Revolutionary Front aren’t the ones dragging this out due to a pure lack of sportsmanship, lack of grace in defeat, and butthurtedness. It’s not that deep.

However, since I’m here (and for the last time because y’all are lame af), I am not the one that told everyone what Thalmor did. Once I found out he told all of KT, I figured I was allowed to share. 

Be mad at Alex, but you’re still here playing his game and paying his bills. Be mad at me, but I’m still going to play and I don’t give a 1/3 of a frick who hates me for this because you were gonna hate me whether I was here or in my liberal elitist bubble minding my own damn business.

Fact is the snowflake bit back and y’all are mad about it. Not sure what else needs to be said, but....is what it is. 

I want to be even clearer, though. We were ready to walk away from this with a chat to clear the air and a handshake. If you want the matter dead, I suggest y’all reach out to IC about it because the last demand remains because the first one was pissed on for no good reason. The apology was too much to swallow, so choke on the last one.

That is all.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

12 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Uh, what?

a) I have yet to participate in a war where the winning side approaches for peace first. I find that odd and didn’t even know it was a thing.

b) Pretty sure you told everyone that you didn’t want to talk to me. I have logs of me reaching out to you with no response. I think you even told me to stop trying to talk to you to clear it. I clocked it and moved on

c) I asked for a public admission and apology FIRST. Don’t know how to make an approach to peace easier than that but here we are. If there’s a mixup or miscommunication, it’s because you were avoiding talking to me and Felkey.

I said what I said and that’s it. I’m done with this Facebook masturbation politiciking. Ball up and slide into my DMs or continue jerking yourself off in front of the masses. 

Queenie OUT ✌? 

Edited by Django Jane
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

JffL14f.jpg?1

abWfm1R.jpg?1

AQC9d2N.jpg?1

ZQTuw6f.jpg?1

Someone else has anonymously submitted this
Has Alex acted against you?

Submit your logs to the Shifty News Network for justice.

#metoo

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Django Jane said:

a) I have yet to participate in a war where the winning side approaches for peace first. I find that odd and didn’t even know it was a thing.

Have you even participated in a war at all?  Usually one side or the other does approach, regardless of who's "winning" or "losing".  Especially if one side expected their war to 'last only 2 weeks'.

You're right, I don't want to talk to you in DMs.  I even said so on these forums.  I never hid from it.  That's why Sketchy is doing the negotiations for us as a whole.

Apology on what exactly?  The information that Sheepy told you at which you initiated this war of yours?

I feel like the negotiations have been rather pleasant and informative, up till your hang up on your demands on KT.  You should take a note from what's funny and see what TCW/TKR demanded of TGH.  That was pretty damn hilarious and we'll most likely do it when we decide that we're done (I've still have yet to see a image drawn up for it though).

3 hours ago, Sargun said:

No, there isn't.

There is absolutely nothing within the rules of the game that says "Admin will keep everything you do anonymously, no matter how shitty of a human being you are".  In fact, the punishments laid out in the Game Rules specifically have "but not limited to" in order to leave room for whoever is running Admin of the game to do whatever they want in response to any rule violation they want. 

You asked, verbatim, "What's the point of having a mechanic based on anonymosity if you're just going to give up information on it?"  The answer to that is: don't use an anonymous mechanic to send racially motivated messages against other players, whether as a joke or not.  If you're not going to say "we must secure the future of the world for the white race, heil hitler",  then you're not going to get exposed!  That doesn't sound so hard!  Then again, we are talking about KT here, so it may actually be hard for you.

You stated, verbatim, "Plus Sheepy has stated before that he doesn't get involved in the politics of the game.  This action shows he does."  The rebuttal to this is: being racist is not a political action, it is personal.  There is nothing in-character or political about making anonymous racist statements against other people.  By canceling the action and notifying the other player that they were being targeted, Admin did the right thing - he didn't make a big post about it, he didn't shame ET/KT/TGH, he did nothing except expose the racist actions of another player in a private manner.  That is, again, not political!  The only reason you would think exposing racism is political is if you think that racism is a normal, natural political stance that you agree with - either that, or you know it isn't political so you're trying to make it into one.  And if you're trying to make "exposing racism is bad" a political stance, you're not going to convince anybody here.

The only thing you're trying to do here is to make your war opponents look bad by going "omg the game is out to get us, they're in league with the admins to make us look bad".  No, the only one looking like an !@#$ here is you for enabling this garbage and trying to turn it into political theatre.  You're not fooling anyone with your "TKR supports OOC" garbage campaign you're going to try to run after this thread, and you're not fooling anyone with your fake concern trolling crocodile tears here.

Seems like TKR supports OOC garbage. Then uses the game admin to get their OOC garbage that they need to keep going. Makes sense considering who founded the alliance.

Edited by Settra
  • Upvote 4

settradirect.png

53 minutes ago, Django Jane said:

I said what I said and that’s it. I’m done with this Facebook masturbation politiciking. Ball up and slide into my DMs or continue jerking yourself off in front of the masses. 

Queenie OUT ✌? 

For anyone who cares: 

? Django Jane ?Today at 2:15 PM
I’ve been quite a few wars, actually. Pretty good at them too.Last one was with Rozalia...who came to me. Never thought Roz would be more gracious and have more maturity than this. Gg
Anywho, you’re a coward. Never had someone throw a fit and refuse to have an adult conversation. I thought you were a kid but then remembered you’re a grown ass man. Take care. Promise this is the last you’ll hear from me

This was Queen M’s last message to Buorhann. Then she blocked him.

As you can see, she doesn’t actually have an interest in talking. She only has interest in posturing on the forums. 

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

51 minutes ago, Settra said:

Seems like TKR supports OOC garbage. Then uses the game admin to get their OOC garbage that they need to keep going. Makes sense considering who founded the alliance.

I blame Best Leader tbh

Edit: Walling too

Edited by Dalinar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

18 minutes ago, Kastor said:

For anyone who cares: 

? Django Jane ?Today at 2:15 PM
I’ve been quite a few wars, actually. Pretty good at them too.Last one was with Rozalia...who came to me. Never thought Roz would be more gracious and have more maturity than this. Gg
Anywho, you’re a coward. Never had someone throw a fit and refuse to have an adult conversation. I thought you were a kid but then remembered you’re a grown ass man. Take care. Promise this is the last you’ll hear from me

This was Queen M’s last message to Buorhann. Then she blocked him.

As you can see, she doesn’t actually have an interest in talking. She only has interest in posturing on the forums. 

Okay so they both don't like talking to eachother oh well. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

*snip*

Someone else has anonymously submitted this
Has Alex acted against you?

Submit your logs to the Shifty News Network for justice.

#metoo

Props to whoever took those screenshots. amazing resolution.

Edited by Kyubnyan
  • Upvote 2

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

4 hours ago, Sargun said:

You asked, verbatim, "What's the point of having a mechanic based on anonymosity if you're just going to give up information on it?"  The answer to that is: don't use an anonymous mechanic to send racially motivated messages against other players, whether as a joke or not.  If you're not going to say "we must secure the future of the world for the white race, heil hitler",  then you're not going to get exposed!  That doesn't sound so hard!  Then again, we are talking about KT here, so it may actually be hard for you.

As much as what he said is very wrong, personally I feel as of instead of meddling with the in game community he should've been punished by whatever Alex seems reasonable but not like this. I mean whether it's in the rules or not he ultimately can decide what happens but in my opinion shouldn't have been handled as such. Maybe Thalmor does such a horrible thing like such ban him from the game for a bit or something of that nature.

Personally I am confused by the message with the bounty. Since when was it possible to add a message to a bounty?

Edited by Forethought
  • Upvote 1

It's like when a gang member, in prison for killing a rival gang member, get killed by another rival gang member

In a perfect world these things should not happen, but does anyone really cares if he dies (outside his family and friends)? No

So if you don't want Alex to make your name public for violating the rules don't do stupid things because if you do no one cares about you except your friends

Should people get triggered less by what happens in the internet? Yes

Should poeple avoid to target who get easy triggered by their highschool level of trolling? Yes

Should Alex avoid to make public the name of who placed the bounty after he said that bounties are anonymous? Yes

But, should Alex make public the name of a player who violated the rules? Yes

Should people post less wall of text? YES

• Like 1
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, Forethought said:

As much as what he said is very wrong, personally I feel as of instead of meddling with the in game community he should've been punished by whatever Alex seems reasonable but not like this. I mean whether it's in the rules or not he ultimately can decide what happens but in my opinion shouldn't have been handled as such. Maybe Thalmor does such a horrible thing like such ban him from the game for a bit or something of that nature.

Personally I am confused by the message with the bounty. Since when was it possible to add a message to a bounty?

He did the 1488 in the amount of money

20 hours ago, Kastor said:

You guys are arguing over Alec yet again being a terrible admin. We’ve been here before. Alex has probably caused several wars. Also, no one is defending Thalmor. 

The main point is privacy in this game. Sheepy just shared a private feature that literally advertises as an anonymous service to encourage war(s). Remember: that was the pitch for this to begin. 

What Thalmor did was obviously bad and tasteless, no defending that. However what does Sheepy believe he is allowed to share. How long until he starts sharing the bounties of other people, in-game messages, who donates most to the game, moderators who people believe are being bias, in-game passwords, e-mails, etc? 

Do I think he will share passwords? Of course not. The point is that Sheepy shouldn’t arbitrarily decide that he can release private or anonymous things about players. 

He’s done it for years. One time I rerolled and he posted my new nation in the IRC channel. Then when I said it wasn’t, he showed my IP to prove it. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow related to Mark Zuckerburg.

frick me sideways with a spoon. i think i just agreed with Kastor. I need a chemical bath now.. 

STFU