Watcha Packin'?

rollo

So, in MA, our firearms permit is called an LTC (License to Carry). An LTC is required to purchase pistols and pretty much any long gun other than shotguns or bolt actions that cant hold 10 or more rounds. It also doubles (or triples) as a permit to buy ammo. 

I obtained my LTC with the sole purpose of concealed carry for personal protection outside the home. I guess my question is, Y'all concealed carry? whatcha packin?

My EDC is a Gen5 Glock 19 with upgraded night sights (Truglo TFX Pro) and an APLc mounted light.. And I carry I spare mag. My backup (read: should my EDC not be physically available; not a 2nd gun that is carried on my person) is a Gen3 Glock 19 that I converted from a Glock 23 - also with TFX Pro sights and an APLc.

I've read a lot about people having backups that are completely different from their EDC. For example, they carry a Glock 17 but occasionally toss in a 1911 or Sig Legion into the mix. That doesn't make any sense to me. If my EDC were to become unusable for whatever reason, I would want the same or very similar platform. Thats why I set up both of them the same way. 

Maybe I'm crazy. 

• Like 1

STFU

On 7/29/2018 at 10:22 AM, rollo said:

I obtained my LTC with the sole purpose of concealed carry for personal protection outside the home. I guess my question is, Y'all concealed carry? whatcha packin?

Maybe I'm crazy. 

I don't have my NC CWP since I'll be moving in less than a year, so I carry a Springfield XD9 in my work bag (NC's Castle Doctrine extends to your workplace) and under my seat in my car (illegal to put it in your center console or glovebox). Once I move, I'll get my licence and get either a Sig P365, Glock 19, H&K P30SK, or Walther PPS and actually carry. 

I'll want my backup to be the same when I start carrying. I have no idea why people would do that. If you're used to carrying with one, I have no idea why you would change. I met someone who carried his backup once or twice a week since they were different platforms, but then he got a second Glock for his backup. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png