Weapons of War ruling

rollo

http://www.guns.news/2018-07-24-federal-government-declares-ar-15s-are-not-weapons-of-war.html

Not sure I understand the .50 cal thing. There seems to be a movement in several states to ban it (including here in MA). I've never shot it, myself. So I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm typically against bans in general; especially when you consider that no crime (to my knowledge) was ever committed using a .50 BMG. Another example would be the Bump Stock ban - 1 person uses it with nefarious intentions and they suddenly need to be banned? Anti gunners often ask "why do you NEED an AR15?" "Why do you NEED a bump stock?" "Why do you NEED a .50 cal?"

When you ask why anyone needs something, you're treating a right as a privilege. 

Edited by rollo
  • Like 1

STFU

18 hours ago, rollo said:

http://www.guns.news/2018-07-24-federal-government-declares-ar-15s-are-not-weapons-of-war.html

Not sure I understand the .50 cal thing. There seems to be a movement in several states to ban it (including here in MA). I've never shot it, myself. So I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm typically against bans in general; especially when you consider that no crime (to my knowledge) was ever committed using a .50 BMG. Another example would be the Bump Stock ban - 1 person uses it with nefarious intentions and they suddenly need to be banned? Anti gunners often ask "why do you NEED an AR15?" "Why do you NEED a bump stock?" "Why do you NEED a .50 cal?"

When you ask why anyone needs something, you're treating a right as a privilege. 

The bump stock should have never existed, not because I'm opposed to it. I think it's a stupid invention. The reason I think it should have never been invented is because automatic rifles should have never been banned, thus the bump stock never invented.

• Like 1

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

7 hours ago, James II said:

The bump stock should have never existed, not because I'm opposed to it. I think it's a stupid invention. The reason I think it should have never been invented is because automatic rifles should have never been banned, thus the bump stock never invented.

You're not wrong.

I don't necessarily think bump stocks were 'stupid' - i think they were a neat little toy tbh. I never owned one for personal use. Though I did try to cash in on the ban hysteria and bought a bunch to sell on gunbroker.

I don't want to talk about it. 

• Like 1

STFU

On 7/28/2018 at 10:20 AM, rollo said:

I don't necessarily think bump stocks were 'stupid' - i think they were a neat little toy tbh. I never owned one for personal use. Though I did try to cash in on the ban hysteria and bought a bunch to sell on gunbroker.

I don't want to talk about it. 

I know someone who bought 30 80% lowers and tens of thousands of rounds of M855 ahead of the election because he thought Hillary was going to win. He doesn't want to talk about it, either. :P

On 7/28/2018 at 3:06 AM, James II said:

The reason I think it should have never been invented is because automatic rifles should have never been banned, thus the bump stock never invented.

Absolutely. 

• Like 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png