The Dove's Chronicle: Edition Zero

Aesir

sLE5pTN.png

Welcome to edition zero of The Dove's Chronicle.  I am Chief Editor Aesir.  Seeing as this is edition zero it will be shortish, though hopefully it will grow.  So what do I plan on doing with this?  The plan is to be an informal paper.  I want to host interviews with community members, sponsor artists and writers, and generally try and build a community based on sharing of art and stories.  Why?  Well I've always wanted to do something similar and now I am finally setting aside the time to do such.

So what will this paper entail?  Well if any member of the community is an artist or a writer I am more than willing to share your art and/or stories.  I want to give a platform for people to share their work with others.  This does also include YouTube and other forms of media.  All you have to do is contact  me and we'll work out something so that you get in the paper, it could be anything from an interview to just a few pieces of artwork and how to find them and/or support you.  You'll also get a spot in the sponsored artist/writer/youtuber/ect. section.

So with that out of the way let us begin with the paper and see how this goes.

Interview with the Editor

Hello all, so for our first interview it will be me!  We'll be discussing my history with the game and a little bit of who I am.

So my history with the game.  I started back in the beta with the Green Protection Agency.  I came in with them and generally enjoyed it.  It was nice and relaxed for a little bit.  I was actually pretty active back in those days, posting on the forums and such.  Back then I was known as Luxa von Bismarck/Foxmarck and had self-styled myself as mascot of the GPA.  I proudly served with the GPA for a long time, fighting alongside them during the St. Patrick's Massacre.  However even good times come to an end and I left my green home for new pastures and found myself in Pantheon, with a lot of former GPA members.  It was here that I spent most of my time in-game.  I was quickly promoted to a government position by then Titan Fistandantilus, my job being approving raids and planning counters.  I did this quietly and with some love in my work as it was nice and simple.  Of course I was involved in the disastrous war where Fistandantilus just vanished.  I was quite honestly devastated, because well he'd been the one to appoint me and now he had basically abandoned us.  Even so after the war I chugged on in my role as the most insignificant member of the Pantheon Government, so insignificant that the new government forgot I even existed for a brief period of time.  Eventually Pantheon got to a point where there was no one in Milcom but me, someone below literally every other government member.  So I got a promotion, taking over the struggling Milcom, and I tried.  I really did.  However the internal conflict convinced me that I couldn't do anything to help and so I resigned.  And that's how I ended up where I am now.  I like to consider myself in semi-retirement.  It was full retirement, but Felkey somehow dragged me into helping in the Commonwealth, which I couldn't resist, after all it was my old home.

Now on to who I am as a person.  Well I'm fairly youngish compared to some people, turning 20 this year.  I currently am pursuing a degree in Aerospace Engineering.  I have always been passionate about space craft and airplanes.  This was brought on by reading a lot of science fiction, mostly by Isaac Asimov.  I am an aspiring writer, which might be obvious from the fact that I am attempting a newspaper, though I haven't done a lot with it.  I am also an avid gamer, playing mostly strategy games but dabbling in other games as well.  Special shout out to Dust: An Elysian Tail, one of my favorite games.  I'm generally a PC gamer but I have consoles as well, in particular I'm love with my GameCube still.  I enjoy many anime, my personal favorite being Scrapped Princess, and movies, Zootopia.  All in all I'm pretty simple and enjoy the little things in life, but also like to delve deeper into things I am passionate about.

I hope that this was interesting, and if not that, at least informative.  Thank you for reading.

Sponsored Artist

The first sponsored artist is Iris of Iris Arts.  While not a member of our community Iris is an old friend of mine who's been drawing for a while.  If you are interested please check out her work on Furaffinity and potentially support her on Patreon.  Here are some examples of her art work!

mVUSxe6.jpg

aO099rCZ8hmZw7azXmYJ8Jvwzjp-HofIIqU0mrE2TkM62RdrD1KrT81Y3Q6m5G1cdbE-6tW4kp5bmUl9

Gallade_Shira.pngeiopiV8.jpg

Sponsored YouTube Channel

So our sponsored YouTube Channel today is Chadtopia.  The channel has many series with a variety of videos, including current playthroughs of FarCry 4 and 5, Evil Genius, and City Skylines.  Chadtopia also shoutcasts Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars.  Completed series include XCOM Enemy Unknown, multiple different Total Wars including Empire and Medieval II, and Evil Genius.  If you enjoy strategy games check him out.

Trivia

Yes Trivia!  I plan to put up several questions for people to think about and guess/cheat at!

What is the only bird known to fly backwards?

Which two airlines flew the supersonic passenger airliner known as the Concorde?

What was the middle name of famed animator and entrepreneur Walt Disney?

What is the name of the astronaut who stayed aloft in the command module while Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon during the Apollo 11 moon mission?

Who was the U.S. President that made the first telephone call to the moon?

Which nation launched the first man-made object to land on the moon?

What is the name of the last man to walk on the moon?

Who was the first person selected as Time Magazine’s Man of the Year, and why were they selected?

In what nation was the vehicle manufacturer Volvo founded in?

Who is the President on the United States 1,000 dollar bill?

Edited by Aesir
  • Upvote 6

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

Just now, Ripper said:

Please, get people to extend the "Legend of Rozalia" series.

Someone else would have to actually do that :P

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

1 minute ago, Aesir said:

Someone else would have to actually do that :P

It can be a prequel, sequel or a parallel story. Anything will do as long as the events take place in the same universe. :(

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

It can be a prequel, sequel or a parallel story. Anything will do as long as the events take place in the same universe. :(

I'm not well versed enough to write it, but if someone is interested they can definitely talk to me about getting it set up!

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159