Tips on maximising loot

Ratatarata

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Using the "Raid" war type will increase your loot at the end of a war (assuming you win) to 10% money/resources, vs. 5% and 2.5% for Ordinary and Attrition respectively.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Check their war history, see if prior raids got good loot.

I also check their city builds, looking for improvements, infra, whether or not they are powered, and then i also compare this information to their war history, as well as bank and trade history. If you see several mines in every city, no bank/trade transactions sending those resources away, and they were last raided say, a week ago, you can bet they *probably* have something to take.

Lastly, if by using the above tips, you think there's a really juicy target but want to be extra sure, you can try and spy them for information on what they have. You only get one a day, or two if you have the Intelligence Agency project, so use it wisely.

Also, follow your alliances raid policy. Do not be the geniuses who raided my alliance today, don't attack alliances in the top 30 or who are protected by an alliance in the top 30, you can be reasonably sure you will get countered, much like the poor lad with 9 cities having to fight me at 13, because he did not follow this. Alliances may have policies that differ from this (like Arrgh, who has no policy on it), but this one is pretty standard and a good rule to go by. 

Oh, and always target people who are inactive, and either have no alliance, or are in a small alliance which is not protected, and which you don't fear counters. Active nations are OK as well, so long as they have significantly less military than you, and fit the alliance conditions. Just be sure that the effort of cutting that military down will be worth it for you.

• Downvote 1

#1 always blockade asap so they can't dump their resources in the bank or elsewhere.

Offer the target peace in exchange for resources and money, claiming it's less than war rebuild costs. Take the cash and then beige them anyway.

• Upvote 2