So, what are we calling this war anyway

Sir Scarfalot

TKR/TCW/TRF vs ET/KT/TGH has been going on for over a month, and I haven't seen it called anything specific yet.

I was thinking we could call it the "War of Knightly Aggression" since everyone can for sure agree that an alliance with the word 'Knights' in the title started it, whether one buys the CB provided by the TKR coalition or not. Alternatively, "Friendly Jousting" since there's been an uncommonly low amount of spite regarding the whole situation.

Anyone else got ideas?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mitsuru said:

You don't have to "buy" the CB. It won't change that it *is* the CB. x)

That aside, I think that's usually decided after the war has actually ended, isn't it? I think DrRush usually sets up a thread afterwards.

Blah blah validity blah blah logs blah blah blah

Anyway, that's not how it worked for the Ayyslamic Crusade, the thread to name the war was put up before the war ended (though it was closer to the end than it was to the beginning). Also DrRush said we dropped the ball, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am very new to Politics and War, but damn if all those pages of arguing are 'an uncommonly low amount of spite' the previous global wars must have been rough.

More importantly, Dance Dance Revolution has got a magical feel to it.

Edited by Pepe XXVI the Grand
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Pepe XXVI the Grand said:

I am very new to Politics and War, but damn if all those pages of arguing are 'an uncommonly low amount of spite' the previous global wars must have been rough.

For this genre of game? It really is. Though I am told that there's been more negativity on discord, but I haven't been keeping track of any channels outside of a few, so there's that.

Anyway, you really, truly don't want to know how just how bad things can get. I could tell you stories about toxicity that even describing in passing detail would be grounds for a forum ban.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

For this genre of game? It really is. Though I am told that there's been more negativity on discord, but I haven't been keeping track of any channels outside of a few, so there's that.

Anyway, you really, truly don't want to know how just how bad things can get. I could tell you stories about toxicity that even describing in passing detail would be grounds for a forum ban.

I've always believed that 90 percent of players were civil because I've never run into anyone rude, even while raiding, but I guess it's hard not to be toxic when one's alliance is being pummelled for questionable reason s. 

10 minutes ago, Pepe XXVI the Grand said:

I've always believed that 90 percent of players were civil because I've never run into anyone rude, even while raiding, but I guess it's hard not to be toxic when one's alliance is being pummelled for questionable reason s. 

If anything, this game has a lot less negativity because the mechanics are much, much better balanced than most other browsergames; even being beiged or zeroed isn't *that* bad, when it comes down to it. Recovery can happen, guerilla tactics are refined and being widely adopted, there's fun things to do to and with each other no matter what the difference in available resources may be. People are friendlier because the game itself is friendlier. The stories I was referring to were from other games that weren't as well balanced, and the toxicity was truly incredible... and usually the most toxic were the "winning" side, curiously enough.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

• 2 weeks later...