Statement on Spanish Armada's In-Game Activity & Mutual Destruction

HopeSolo

2 minutes ago, Mitsuru said:

Just as a little side note (don't really have anything to do with either sides but thought I'd just tell you): You can reset a vacation mode. If someone goes into VM for let's say 3000 turns, they can just go to the VM page and reset it to the minimum of two weeks and then their VM is over after two weeks.

Something got those two triggered. This sort of logic won't compute with them.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

4 minutes ago, Mitsuru said:

Just as a little side note (don't really have anything to do with either sides but thought I'd just tell you): You can reset a vacation mode. If someone goes into VM for let's say 3000 turns, they can just go to the VM page and reset it to the minimum of two weeks and then their VM is over after two weeks.

Two weeks, 52 weeks, it matters not.  They will never be ready enough, and we are patient beyond mortal comprehension.  We will drink from the sippy cup of their pain through a straw the length of time itself.  Through faith in the Warp we swatted them down like flies, and through faith in the Warp we will lick their bones clean today, tomorrow, and evermore.

• Upvote 3

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

3 minutes ago, Khestra said:

Two weeks, 52 weeks, it matters not.  They will never be ready enough, and we are patient beyond mortal comprehension.  We will drink from the sippy cup of their pain through a straw the length of time itself.  Through faith in the Warp we swatted them down like flies, and through faith in the Warp we will lick their bones clean today, tomorrow, and evermore.

Well as I said.. I just wanted to point out that ingame mechanic in case he was unaware x)

Edited by Mitsuru
Typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

That's a interesting situation then.  Creative too, if they planned it out correctly.

Hence why SA is telling TEst they'll need to stay militarized.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HopeSolo said:

we aren't quitting. we are taking a break, we may resume this war at some point in the future of our choosing. you might want to stay maxed out TEst.

prefontaine definitely was extremely butthurt when he left Alpha. he wanted to be made gov and Plac wouldn't put him anywhere near a gov role and that really pissed him off. he kept trying to stir up drama in Alpha, thinking he could find support from other members but failing, which is no surprise given how he's behaving in this thread. he was barely ever even accepted because of his history and Plac said he had lied to him straight to his face on at least one occasion. my guess is he had "plans" before he joined.

it's not really a surprise that prefontaine won't leave our sphere alone given how that all went down in Alpha.

>taking a break during wartime

You mean war-dodging? You mean pixel-hugging? Just accept it. That's the truth. Everyone knows what you're doing.

Also, for the millionth time, Prefontaine did NOT choose our war target! This war is not a result of some phantom boner you guys think Pre has for Alpha. It's literally a result of 20ish players of this game that got bored and simply decided to declare war on a random alliance with many people in our war range for fun. Games are supposed to be played for fun, right? Or is that some revolutionary concept that I just made up? 

Whatever happened or did not happen with Alpha before was a long time ago. So, get over yourselves. You're not special. Pre doesn't care about you. TEst doesn't care about you. Khorne doesn't care about you. Get over it. Why are you guys trying to create a grudge that does not exist? 

I swear, this fetish that Alpha-related people have for Pre is ridiculous and pathetic. Also, if you're taking a break, get off the forums. Your alliance is frozen, so this thread should be too. If you are "taking a break" and may "resume this war later," then take a break from this thread and and come back when you actually want to fight for real instead of run away.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Valkorion Baratheon said:

>taking a break during wartime

You mean war-dodging? You mean pixel-hugging? Just accept it. That's the truth. Everyone knows what you're doing.

Also, for the millionth time, Prefontaine did NOT choose our war target! This war is not a result of some phantom boner you guys think Pre has for Alpha. It's literally a result of 20ish players of this game that got bored and simply decided to declare war on a random alliance with many people in our war range for fun. Games are supposed to be played for fun, right? Or is that some revolutionary concept that I just made up? 

Whatever happened or did not happen with Alpha before was a long time ago. So, get over yourselves. You're not special. Pre doesn't care about you. TEst doesn't care about you. Khorne doesn't care about you. Get over it. Why are you guys trying to create a grudge that does not exist? 

I swear, this fetish that Alpha-related people have for Pre is ridiculous and pathetic. Also, if you're taking a break, get off the forums. Your alliance is frozen, so this thread should be too. If you are "taking a break" and may "resume this war later," then take a break from this thread and and come back when you actually want to fight for real instead of run away.

All I know is

Pre was curbed in Alpha
Shortly after TEst hit us
Then again
Then Again
pre rage quit and gave his nation away
as soon as he comes back he hits again.
And we are concluding that it is Alpha/Ex-Alpha that are after pre. Good to know.

EDIT: @hopeThat's 5 shots.

Edited by James II
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DragonK said:

You and what money? You just spent what you could for war posting pointless bountys, and, best part, RUN OUT OF THE BLOODY MONEY :D

How do I know? You went and posted same boutny on everyone, but me. You couldn't match the bounty on me since you run dry. Also there are peopel who didn't even get boutny. You'd expect you fat pixelhugger whales to atleast know how to count and divide. Guess your math is as good as your nukes, war experience, war capacity, activity, bite and bark.

Weak and shallow.

this post makes you sound like a total idiot. we didn't post higher bounties on the smaller nations because at some point the bounty is higher than the infra loss. we didn't want to incentive you to just attack yourself to collect the bounty. stop being such an idiot.

want proof? after the bounties Brasilia returned the extra, $95m: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=64542&display=bank

and we still have plenty left plus we gifted some people after we posted the bounties that had been good to us. we weren't joking when we send we had a warchest. it's not a big surprise that an alliance under constant threat of attack would have a proper warchest. sheesh, you guys really are the tryhards we keep saying you are.

as to the last part, lol. you can't count dude. we posted 23 bounties, 23 nations + shifty already had one. everyone from the blitz in TEst has a bounty. might want to check your math before you make yourself look stupid. the ex-AIM new guy that joined today, who cares.

Edited by HopeSolo
learn to count dragonk
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

6 hours ago, James II said:

Hence why SA is telling TEst they'll need to stay militarized.

7 hours ago, Buorhann said:

That's a interesting situation then.  Creative too, if they planned it out correctly.

Sounds like abusing VM to dodge wars. Sounds liek breaking rules. Someone elawyer should look into it.

5 hours ago, HopeSolo said:

this post makes you sound like a total idiot. we didn't post higher bounties on the smaller nations because at some point the bounty is higher than the infra loss. we didn't want to incentive you to just attack yourself to collect the bounty. stop being such an idiot.

want proof? after the bounties Brasilia returned the extra, $95m: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=64542&display=bank

and we still have plenty left plus we gifted some people after we posted the bounties that had been good to us. we weren't joking when we send we had a warchest. it's not a big surprise that an alliance under constant threat of attack would have a proper warchest. sheesh, you guys really are the tryhards we keep saying you are.

as to the last part, lol. you can't count dude. we posted 23 bounties, 23 nations + shifty already had one. everyone from the blitz in TEst has a bounty. might want to check your math before you make yourself look stupid. the ex-AIM new guy that joined today, who cares.

There were people who who at the time were dissapointed that they didn't get a bounty on them. Then there is me who got less of a bounty thant the rest. I cba to factcheck all your bullshit. I've quick results from quick search. They could be wrong, but you're still weak regardless, so what's the point of arguing it? To divert the attention from your poor performace? Actually frick it. You want war? Fine. Have it. Run into your VM. I'll be waiting. When it comes to wars I'm patient motherfricker. I've waited longer for some people. Some I'm still waiting. Once you do exist your !@#$ mode, I'll nail you in ground again and again. You can run, but you can't hide. Piss off wrong people and you'll get consiqences.

• Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

It is kinda sad that this is what it came to.  I don't think I've ever met a sadder group of sore losers in this game (and man, there are some angry people here when it comes to burning pixels).  Going into VM to, at some point in the future to hopefully attack us when we're weakened or caught off guard by an enemy we can't effectively track (yes, there are ways, I know).  I mean, good game on this I guess.  Coulda all been over a while ago and we'd have had no hard feelings about it.  My only hope at this point is that you do come out of VM, rejoin the game and then we can see if you all have the strength to muster an actual fight.  My guess is that you won't based upon past boasts and follow through, but who knows.

• Upvote 3

"We're not surrendering, we're just hiding for a while, you better stay ready and scurred of us TEst!"
Meanwhile, 13/13 SA members are in VM, 12/13 are in what is essentially perma vm. Ironically, the member stating the above ^ is one of them.

Although i suppose we should be fair and mention that two of them do not have 4300+ turns of VM. One has 3500 and one has around 630. Amusingly, HopeSolo is neither of those nations. 

Get the hell outta here with your shit, you basically don't exist at this point, and there's literally no reason for anybody to care or remember that you did, other than to laugh at how TEst bashed you into non existence after you basically gave us the Winston Churchill speech. 

14 hours ago, James II said:

All I know is

Pre was curbed in Alpha
Shortly after TEst hit us
Then again
Then Again
pre rage quit and gave his nation away
as soon as he comes back he hits again.
And we are concluding that it is Alpha/Ex-Alpha that are after pre. Good to know.

EDIT: @hopeThat's 5 shots.

Do you do anything other than whine and !@#$? I'm not sure you possess self awareness, but roughly 80% of your activity is whining "ME ME ME ME ME ME ITS ALL ABOUT ME I AM THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING" i understand being a 13 year old only girl child is so difficult and terrible but please, just shutup. Nobody goddamn cares, about you or your now dead alliance. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, DragonK said:

Sounds like abusing VM to dodge wars. Sounds liek breaking rules. Someone elawyer should look into it.

There were people who who at the time were dissapointed that they didn't get a bounty on them. Then there is me who got less of a bounty thant the rest. I cba to factcheck all your bullshit. I've quick results from quick search. They could be wrong, but you're still weak regardless, so what's the point of arguing it? To divert the attention from your poor performace? Actually frick it. You want war? Fine. Have it. Run into your VM. I'll be waiting. When it comes to wars I'm patient motherfricker. I've waited longer for some people. Some I'm still waiting. Once you do exist your !@#$ mode, I'll nail you in ground again and again. You can run, but you can't hide. Piss off wrong people and you'll get consiqences.

I thought you cats didn't hold grudges

3 hours ago, Bambino said:

It is kinda sad that this is what it came to.  I don't think I've ever met a sadder group of sore losers in this game (and man, there are some angry people here when it comes to burning pixels).  Going into VM to, at some point in the future to hopefully attack us when we're weakened or caught off guard by an enemy we can't effectively track (yes, there are ways, I know).  I mean, good game on this I guess.  Coulda all been over a while ago and we'd have had no hard feelings about it.  My only hope at this point is that you do come out of VM, rejoin the game and then we can see if you all have the strength to muster an actual fight.  My guess is that you won't based upon past boasts and follow through, but who knows.

Oh the irony

27 minutes ago, Lairah said:

"We're not surrendering, we're just hiding for a while, you better stay ready and scurred of us TEst!"
Meanwhile, 13/13 SA members are in VM, 12/13 are in what is essentially perma vm. Ironically, the member stating the above ^ is one of them.

Although i suppose we should be fair and mention that two of them do not have 4300+ turns of VM. One has 3500 and one has around 630. Amusingly, HopeSolo is neither of those nations. 

Get the hell outta here with your shit, you basically don't exist at this point, and there's literally no reason for anybody to care or remember that you did, other than to laugh at how TEst bashed you into non existence after you basically gave us the Winston Churchill speech. 

Do you do anything other than whine and !@#$? I'm not sure you possess self awareness, but roughly 80% of your activity is whining "ME ME ME ME ME ME ITS ALL ABOUT ME I AM THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING" i understand being a 13 year old only girl child is so difficult and terrible but please, just shutup. Nobody goddamn cares, about you or your now dead alliance. 

On your first point, it's clear you haven't read any of the posts above on how VM works.

Someone is triggered. Why call me a little girl? Are you implying women and girls are whinier than men? That's sexist!

EDIT: I didn't say 'me' once in that post!

Edited by James II
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

18 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

Hmmm interesting.... I'm pretty sure that's NOT how vacation mode is supposed to work. Taking advantage of a broken mechanic is akin to cheating isn't it?vacation.thumb.png.a7ed6f32a6f86b60a9d1d8e7068bc38d.png

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

9 minutes ago, Dwynn said:

Hmmm interesting.... I'm pretty sure that's NOT how vacation mode is supposed to work. Taking advantage of a broken mechanic is akin to cheating isn't it?vacation.thumb.png.a7ed6f32a6f86b60a9d1d8e7068bc38d.png

You can reset vacation mode. You just can't leave two week time period early. People have been doing it forever, and Alex knows about it. Appreciate your concern for cheating though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This entire argument about who is obsessed with whom is kind of adorable. If yall don't stop it the kindergarten teacher is going to sit you all boy girl boy girl when it's time to come inside.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, James II said:

You can reset vacation mode. You just can't leave two week time period early. People have been doing it forever, and Alex knows about it. Appreciate your concern for cheating though.

Sooo... here's my thoughts, and perhaps it doesn't belong in this since it's more of a mechanics discussion. However, seeing that it is part and parcel with the way the politics have played out I'll put it here.

If I went on vacation for 365 days, and then reset it to 14 days, that is the very definition of leaving vacation mode early. Sure, you still have to sit out the 14 day window, but that's still 351 days earlier than the vacation mode.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dwynn said:

Sooo... here's my thoughts, and perhaps it doesn't belong in this since it's more of a mechanics discussion. However, seeing that it is part and parcel with the way the politics have played out I'll put it here.

If I went on vacation for 365 days, and then reset it to 14 days, that is the very definition of leaving vacation mode early. Sure, you still have to sit out the 14 day window, but that's still 351 days earlier than the vacation mode.

It wasn't a problem when your leader did it when he gave his nation away. Why is it a problem for you now?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, James II said:

It wasn't a problem when your leader did it when he gave his nation away. Why is it a problem for you now?

hurr durr it's ok to kill someone because I saw someone else kill someone why is it wrong now

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Cheers!

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid. ?

Just now, Edwardidk said:

hurr durr it's ok to kill someone because I saw someone else kill someone why is it wrong now

It was a genuine question. If you think it's an exploit now, then you must think it was an exploit then. I just want to make sure you're arguing against the mechanic, and not just adopting the position out of convenience.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, James II said:

Are you seriously going to make this about @Prefontaine. Here, I'll give you a hint. I don't care, I wasn't here. What I do care about is if there's a broken mechanic it gets fixed. I understand I've been gone quite a while and people don't remember me. But... I've always been about a balanced system and functioning mechanics. If Alex indeed doesn't care, then perhaps he should change the VM page. I have a tendency to think that the opposite is true given the wording of the VM page.

But yes, please continue to make this thread about Pre and not about Spanish Armada's inability to "go the distance" and "permawar" etc. Let's not make it about their inability to wage an effective war and more about drama that happened years ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dwynn said:

Are you seriously going to make this about @Prefontaine. Here, I'll give you a hint. I don't care, I wasn't here. What I do care about is if there's a broken mechanic it gets fixed. I understand I've been gone quite a while and people don't remember me. But... I've always been about a balanced system and functioning mechanics. If Alex indeed doesn't care, then perhaps he should change the VM page. I have a tendency to think that the opposite is true given the wording of the VM page.

But yes, please continue to make this thread about Pre and not about Spanish Armada's inability to "go the distance" and "permawar" etc. Let's not make it about their inability to wage an effective war and more about drama that happened years ago.

No need to get your feathers in a ruffle. I was just making sure you were consistent. They've got you riled up a bout it, I'd say what they're doing is pretty effective.

• Upvote 1