Welp what now

ORP has not had activity over the last month with the only post comming from me which was a low effort expansion post, and with that all nations would be removed from the map except mine. NatRP has died off, while I was doing the map there were only very few nations in Europe with the only exception of Meta Board. Out of all the nations that have been removed I have only seen Johan wanting to return to it on a later date as a new nation. LoW has been put on a major halt because of Moderation issues, I myself are busy and cannot parttake as a defensive moderator for NPC nations and there was an invasion made by me and an another Moderator which peforms defensive actions by NPC nations  so we need a 3rd party (speaking of the Russo-Japanese invasion of Mongolia), I do not have time to peform any kind of posts for defences of nations alone, and in the scenario of Spectrals invasion in the Indonesian region, and neither me nor Monika being able to do it while Hunter has been inactive everything stagnated.

Ranting down here in the spoiler

I share the same opinion with Mogar on this and more rp boards will not prevent rps from dying off. ORP has not had a major war, the largest and most flamey topics were the fall of the USSR and issues with a few Asian nations with a lot of suspicion of OOC involvement to be allied in IC. And the last major act was a use of WMDs and rage quitting. I think that RPers that behave like this are not fit for actual Nation Roleplaying. I have expirienced no one willing to be the Underdog, excluding Spectral on one momment and Monika as Thailand. Then I have seen RPers usually making their numbers bigger than others to have any high ground on the other. Even though numbers are not that much of a factor in NatRP, it is more important in ORP but still many evade the logic of economics and other major factors in a nation. I do agree that we should not make this like a political simulator but having a large ammount of forces [even though being within the allowed ammount - speaking of ORP] nobody makes negative effects on their nation with an oversized military and they continue their own free will. Now this leads to many issues, with one being it limits events for which could have been rped about, an economical crisis as an example. Now I repeat and do not say to work around till every single penny and have precise numbers, but using basing logic it would make it seem logical for negative effects on your nation to happen beace of your actions.

Now I have ranted for too much in here and on the discord server for NatRP and have given my reasons on the main causes in my view for rp stagnations and lessa go:

First - Better RPers are needed in the community. There are a few good rpers in already and that wouldn't be enough to have a lot of action going on in it, and an another reason why 'the few' are not enough will be put later on in the third reason

Second - There are a many RPers in the community that should just improve. I am aware that every single participant should improve in their writing skills, but decisions and topics should be improved by many. They should invest more into their nations descriptions as we have some RPers changing nations more than Italy sides in the world wars. Investing effort into a nation will open doors for more RPing abilities to all in the community, like supporting some lower class citizens in a nation, and the response of the nation getting the money would make a decision on would it act corruptly or actually use it what it was given for, then for insurgents that could be supported by a foreign power to cause chaos which could or could not escelate into a larger conflict bla bla bla. And I'd like to add, no I do not consider myself to be a good RPer. I do enjoy it, and getting better seeing how others do. I am aware of the spelling mistakes but I also have a bad way of describing, explaining and plain writing but I have a desire to improve.

Third - Rules, they are a major factor which result in shooing away good rpers. Restrictions for conflict make the RP less enjoable but "more fair." Well imo, I do not see how something fair can be enjoyable. Nations can either advance or be left behind and demolished by the others and the RPers controling the nations should just not hide behind the rules and abuse them to keep their nation safe so they are free to make isolationist usually unoriginal posts that do not have an affect on the world. (At least make it original and enjoyable to read if you are gonna behind that wall, people). But the issue is not unoriginiality, it's that people abuse the rules and prevent their nations from being attacked which leads to stagnation. I could talk for more but all revolves around the same thing. It is not that there are not enough Boards for rping but that there are not enough choices what to rp about and that there are not good rpers added with some rules preventing the spices of rps to happen and the bad of the community hiding behind the imaginary walls of rules while not trying to get better.

I think I have made myself clear enough with many repedetive points in this thread being said.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

21 hours ago, Featherine said:

Thanks for the recognition. but my posts are half-assed too.

Why bother about it tbh? I have said that many people have  an isolationist bubble where they rp on their own without any consequences, but at least your RP is a framework of the usual post that should be posted as in "What is new in my nation" and you did make the rp a tad more active but it seems you have given up on the idea of the insurgents in your nation. but it had the brink of flame for a short time which is good as most of the map is empty and most of the RPers that are on the map aren't iffed about anything what is going on in it. Now I do not say that all of the rping should be like what you post, but some news articles like yours should be posted to expand the possibilities of rping for all nations. Wether it be some economical support or military aid or an action to expand the troubles of that said nation. But to that there should be more posts which explain the whats and hows and whys of your nation and it's actions.

• Like 1

Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

This place has really become a ghost town, huh. In all honesty, I think it would be best if all the RPers got together and revamped NatRP. We should rebuild NatRP from scratch. It'll take time and effort and a lot of coordination, but it seems like the best thing to do rather than make incremental changes that leave big things overlooked. 

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada

2 hours ago, Emperor Tristar Majestica said:

This place has really become a ghost town, huh. In all honesty, I think it would be best if all the RPers got together and revamped NatRP. We should rebuild NatRP from scratch. It'll take time and effort and a lot of coordination, but it seems like the best thing to do rather than make incremental changes that leave big things overlooked. 

Issue with NatRP is that a major factor of nation rping is mostlt excluded and many people abuse the rules to prevent that it aka war. Many people refrain from it as nothing much can be done except isolationist rps which is well not interesting obviously. Some of those rpers are Mogar and Spectre, one of the top tier rpers, great writers and Spectre is dedicated and goes in-depth with his Roleplay by making google docs explaining all about his nation. And Mogar, he always keeps it interesting as he always poses as the Final Boss which takes preperation, allies and more to beat. While we have rpers that are good at caharcter rping which is not a crucial element for national rp and they go too much into it, as you can see the result of Eva-Beatrices rping in OrgRP and NatRP. In Organic she abused the rules so no one from the Anti-Rok coalition could declare wars and then the topic of "You cant have fancy stuff but I can" and many other examples. I do not say it was only her that has done it but she is the best person to use in this scenario. While in NatRP what most of the rpers do is hiding behind consent, making their little posts and doing whatever they want without reprecussions and making already millionth mentioned topic of isolationist posts. And no one tries to RP actions peformed in other countries. No Diplomatic Missions, No flamed up Action, no nothing, they are all Utopias. I do not negate the fact that I am still like that but I am willing to swim without the vest. Imo Consent should be only avaliable for new fresg rpers to get into the groove, simmalar to the beige of new nations in PnW. Same should go for a nation that came out of a war in the rp , all of it to function like the beige in PnW. And there shouldnt be a barrier of war declerations. If you are behind someone in tech, get an updog or modernize yourself. With that players are forced to international missions. And as its sandbox we should make a borderline. Humans can only operate the army but in-humane units (here is where the sandbox comes in) can serve as civilians, slaves and more. And as we will reach a point where we have to make up tech ourselves, it cannot be op, it can be strong but it has to have flaws to counter it.

My time here on these forums, there is always this giant up and down of activity and inactivity mixed in with another line of we should add more rules and we should remove more rules. A lot of the time here, because this is a largely public venue, you'll end up with quality posters and then very very low quality posters. When you mix those together, you end up with the feeling that you're putting in 'all this work' and you're really not getting any recognition or any participation from other leaders in the RP world. So, it really comes down to is it really worth your time developing such in-depth stories and narratives for your nation/characters?

In my opinion, as someone who has moderated this forum and added the organic RP a while back because of issues in Nat RP, and someone who enjoys a great collaborative RP between people, there needs to be an obvious change.

You can tell people to be more creative, provide deeper posts, etc...till you're blue in the face. Fact is, it really isn't going to change anything. I think the answer here is to create an exclusive group, private from the public, but allows visibility of the rules/forum. I believe there needs to be a bit more quality enforcement from members which is overseen by a moderator/moderators who can ensure that whatever system (maybe up/downvotes) isn't abused.

Allow those people who want to post sentences to remain in some public area, but create a system that is private and exclusive for those of you who want something a bit more substance filled.

IDK just a thought. I love RP and hate seeing the continuous downward spiral.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My time here on the forums, we also see mods chase off players with trivial reports, and it tends to correlate with the activity of the forums in all areas.  Just take a look at General Discussion for example.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

My time here on the forums, we also see mods chase off players with trivial reports, and it tends to correlate with the activity of the forums in all areas.  Just take a look at General Discussion for example.

I agree. 

I've been warned for some really shitty stuff, that I just thought was funny. It seems there is no way to balance an open community with a too-restrictive community. I mean, plus there are just a lot of absolute fricking retards here who complain about everything. #thatsoffensive

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Mad Max said:

I agree. 

I've been warned for some really shitty stuff, that I just thought was funny. It seems there is no way to balance an open community with a too-restrictive community. I mean, plus there are just a lot of absolute fricking retards here who complain about everything. #thatsoffensive

Banned ?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Rimski said:

derail.jpg
Good job btw, derailing the thread a bit

I don't think its a derail - but if you do, you're def whats wrong with this Rp community.

6 hours ago, Mad Max said:

I don't think its a derail - but if you do, you're def whats wrong with this Rp community.

I just wanted to post the train : (

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mad Max said:

I'm also messing with u :P

Choo choo!

• Upvote 1

As the talks about what's wrong with the RP was also a thing on the Discord Server, with these being the latest examples and largest examples of cooperative talks 

M00ger.png
dickwavepart2electricboogaloo.png
shitshow.png
MogartheMugger.png
Spooky_Spectre.png

Now no matter if you read it or not, we have not been able to do anything, we have not accomplished anything as a community. We know there is an issue about something and want to change it but nothing has been done. I can say that lack of Interraction is a major factor to the downfall of RPs here, which Mogar pointed out, and i appreciate efforts of some people like Maelstorm which wanted to get some interaction on going (mentioned in the screenshots). I will stay by my word that all reasons mentioned lead to the begging reasons I mentioned, now this is just my personal view of it, but I notice that many so to say 'bad roleplayers' basically pull a neverending VM on their RPing nation, a VM where you are free to do whatever you want, and they usually do not make any interactions with other nations. No interaction just means that the nations sticks up into an isolationist RPing utopia. And also on the matter of dickwaving, I mentioned it also many times, nobody wants to play the underdog, I'd tip my hat to Spectre which played as a 3rd world nation in NatRP while the rest just have utopias with supposedly invincible armies which are useless as they hide behind rules. And there are many concepts of players hiding behind rules, taking up space for isolationist threads and posts which usually have no effect on a nation or any person outside the nation that rp's it. All of this has been said many times either directly or indirectly, we constantly repeat ourselves, some keep quiet, and constantly the rp has died. Well okay, the rp died, but we should learn from our mistakes, revive it and do it better this time, but every time the rp has died and made anew, everything is repeated by a scheme.

Like now I ask the whole RP community, those which follow from the shadows, participate directly or an another category, what the foq are you actually doing. If you do not like the RP dying, do something! Be determinent, if you just don't care about the rp how it is we can delete the section and all of us could go our merry way, and if you would like your isolationist posts then go to google, find a google docs and write all you want, maybe publish if it is finished one day or people desire to read it. But this is not a book club where we write them. It is a place where we should make our mind relax and act like someone. Think of the community, it is a national roleplay, well you can make up your own nation but nations have diplomatic relations, some bad some good. There are daily deaths in nations in our world, news headlines you could literally make a rp daily if you had the imagination and all nations here are basically good on their own at the height of their power and they never collapse apparently. Utopias, no interaction and more is just so interesting. Describing your nation, how it looks like, the people, art, culture, food, shows, anything your heart desires. Share your ideas to the world, share your imagination. There is something you can RP, just think for some time, don't write the first thing that comes to your mind, sit and think, enjoy the momment of silence in which you just think and set the foundation for your nation and it's ways. Do not just follow the same path to point x from which you always come out angry, or injured or whatever. Now why does nobody push for a better community for all to enjoy? Where we can have all fun times, we will laugh back sometime in the future, to remind ourselves, make history, make future, use ideas, be a loser, rise up from the loss and become triumphant. Learn from the mistakes, do not follow the mistakes you have done the last time, and the time before that and god knows how long that goes back. Do you want to do something in which we all will enjoy for a long time, where a lot of factors matter which you made up from your own ideas, your own brain, with some help from movies, games, music or anything, it's your own to choose, and then people replying to your posts, then a large event evolves and all have a good time, or do you just enjoy posting once a month to stay on the map, posts which are just like 'yeah that happened' and get nothing, just views, no interaction at all.

Edited by Rimski
  • Upvote 1

On 7/10/2018 at 2:10 AM, Honey Monster said:

My time here on these forums, there is always this giant up and down of activity and inactivity mixed in with another line of we should add more rules and we should remove more rules. A lot of the time here, because this is a largely public venue, you'll end up with quality posters and then very very low quality posters. When you mix those together, you end up with the feeling that you're putting in 'all this work' and you're really not getting any recognition or any participation from other leaders in the RP world. So, it really comes down to is it really worth your time developing such in-depth stories and narratives for your nation/characters?

First rules, I have seen people want to keep rules that were in the previous versions of NatRP which all died down, because many like being invincible and on the top and want to keep their utopias out of war. 

Second, It would be worth as the new-comers or low effort RPers should actually learn something, not just endless shitty posts, ignoring other posts, nothing backing it down. i'd be fine with a rp of a few RPers that are to be considered 'good' with whom you can have interaction, fun, which would keep interest and put in time into the RP. 

On 7/10/2018 at 2:10 AM, Honey Monster said:

You can tell people to be more creative, provide deeper posts, etc...till you're blue in the face. Fact is, it really isn't going to change anything. I think the answer here is to create an exclusive group, private from the public, but allows visibility of the rules/forum. I believe there needs to be a bit more quality enforcement from members which is overseen by a moderator/moderators who can ensure that whatever system (maybe up/downvotes) isn't abused.

Ah the card of saying something and ending it with the word FACT to make it seem like one. Here we can only test, and the neverending tests from the past versions of NatRP have resulted in them dying quickly, but they started with basically the same setup. If people are just going to come here to post monthly to be kept on the map and refrain from rping outside their nation so why bother about them. If they are going to make posts with more in-depth writings, more interaction and more creativity then the community will work better. The RPer might feel a bit exhausted after writing and thinking for a long while on what to write but after replies by many other RPers ex. a meeting, then you look back at it and it is worth it, and the other RPers are satisfied as they can expand their own possibilities of writing by that.

There doesn't need to be a system, that is literally enforcing RPers and limiting their creativity. Roleplaying is simmalar to writing and writers have their own free will to write on their own desire, use their creativity and more. There are some things that need to be enforced so we do not have a 100 million mega monster army which does not really need a group of people to confirm that it is bad. In my opinion Erin/Olive can do it easily by making her aware of the situation, telling her why you find that disturbing (if you are in the aim of the post) and that will be limited, but there should also be a method or a rule that would actually be useful for once by setting the standards on what can or cannot be reported so mods are not used as weapons.

And while I was at the topic of dickwaving. You can become a world police nation, but the catch is that it takes time. Nobody started in our world as a clan superior to the other, there were politics involved, years and ceuntries where nations have risen and fallen, in seconds notice nations turn on others, alliance changes, new ideologies, fall of an ideology and a new foe arrived to the world stage for one nation or group, many economical and other version of depressions that could come to a nation and spread worldwide because of the huge leaps fowards and without thinking of the reprecussions and more and more the possibilities are neverending, but the issue I see is the lack of any kind of interaction between RPers with some other issues already listed above.