Advanced Idea Mechanics Annoucement

Bezzers

5 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

>Not needing to defend yourself

>Defending yourself

Either way, I was joking. Apologies if you took it to heart. 

I didn't take it at heart but you put me on the spot so an answer to your post was required.

good one if it was just a joke tho ✌️

Edited by Seb

Just now, Seb said:

I didn't take it at heart but you put me on the spot so an answer to your post is required.

I gotta say, your city names are hella fricking confusing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Seb said:

I didn't take it at heart but you put me on the spot so an answer to your post was required.

First, if you had actually done it, I’d be congratulating you. 

Second, I like you so I was just messing. 

Third, it has minor suspicious elements that’s why pointing it out is fun, regardless of the facts. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

I guess it's easy to tell who didn't do their homework in econ. 

Compound interest x insane APRs due to game mechanics = Seb x38

To be honest, knowing the money that was being floated around and what he said about his capital flows, I figure he's still got quite a few more to go before he's got earn it the hard way. :p  Seb is no bank thief either, but this is already known.

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2018 at 4:38 AM, Prefontaine said:

So a bank named emerald bank, had connections with Seb, named emerald bank as a nation, vanished. That and Seb recently purchased up to city 38 in rapid succession. 

Yes, clearly AIM has the money. Makes complete sense. 

unknown.png

?

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Theodosius said:

unknown.png

?

It clearly says Not a suspicious transfer, nothing to see here folks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm just procrastinating for a paper I have to write at this point.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:12 PM, MoonShadow said:

Did this not happen before then Seb and Co blamed it on someone who to this day states he had no part in the missing Cash, now its happened again this what the third time.

Alex you really should code a bank in to the game letting people deposit for a set interest rate, and letting other borrow money at a higher rate.

These private (Pirate) banks are doing a better job of o stealing your cash than Arrgh

Small Edit, would like to say people i know in AIM are upstanding, and its a shame they get marked with the stain of that bank, after all this is not the first or the last time Emerald Bank, loses money

I know I'm late to the bandwagon, and I'm just here to actually address the "Sheepy should just make a game run bank". 

Private Banks are a cool, integral part to how PnW has shaped as a game. Community ran institutions like this are awesome, especially when the actual idea of them sprung up from the same people that made them. I mean how many other games can say that some random player made a private bank that ran like an actual bank and got hella rich from it?

Investing is a risk, for which you get paid interest for, and when banks loan money, they are loaning at a risk, to which they mark up an interest rate for. Banks are literally built on risk, and sometimes they don't get their money back on that risk. Emerald Bank has had incredibly successful times, but all banks are doomed to have defaults on one or the other end at any point. That's literally why banks are made in the first place.

Just because a bank has some defaults or an incident happen, doesn't mean that all private banks are snakes that leech from the economy to put money into their own pockets, people aren't as sinister as you think lol.

If Sheepy made a bank that didn't run on risk, there are a billion ways to how it could be abused to hell. It's impossible to balance and would in the end probably amount to an insane amount of inflation, because how is Sheepy supposed to make a system where investors get their money back with a decent interest rate if nobody is indebted to the bank?

If he made a logical system where investors get less interest back, calculated by the amount of loans people are taking, people would still just go to a private bank, because they are trustworthy and can give you a much better deal.

• Upvote 2

On 7/5/2018 at 3:12 PM, MoonShadow said:

Did this not happen before then Seb and Co blamed it on someone who to this day states he had no part in the missing Cash, now its happened again this what the third time.

Alex you really should code a bank in to the game letting people deposit for a set interest rate, and letting other borrow money at a higher rate.

These private (Pirate) banks are doing a better job of o stealing your cash than Arrgh

Small Edit, would like to say people i know in AIM are upstanding, and its a shame they get marked with the stain of that bank, after all this is not the first or the last time Emerald Bank, loses money

That's why I keep telling everoyne bankers are true evil, not pirates!

• Upvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Seb said:

exactly

Late to the party as usual seb

• Like 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

• 2 months later...