We should be able to do unlimited espionage

Keelan Kyle

We should be able to do unlimited espionage, but each time the price increases by 50%, and people with the CIA project can be changed, and make it to where maybe the second one is the same cost, and the third one is when it starts to increase, or maybe it only increases by 25% for them. Im just throwing this out there. Please yell at me if this is bad, or give me a potato if this is a good idea @Tiber lol.

Nuh uh, bad idea. Even with an exponential increase in price, changing a hardcap to a softcap is always a tremendous and dangerous balance change that can have terrible repercussions. Removing a cap that prevents an individual with arbitrary funding from doing arbitrary amounts of damage is a bad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

i disagree completely with this however i do think there should be no spy range or atleast an increase in its parameters or basing it on city count instead of score.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Keelan Kyle said:

We should be able to do unlimited espionage, 

But then there would be 

nonstopesp.png 

Basically any top 15 alliance could preempt an entire alliance prior to a war while most people are offline to make the actual war easier. 

Assassinate spies 3-5 times

Sabotage hangars 3-5 times

Congrats, that alliance now has a massive advantage. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

On 7/1/2018 at 5:35 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Nuh uh, bad idea. Even with an exponential increase in price, changing a hardcap to a softcap is always a tremendous and dangerous balance change that can have terrible repercussions. Removing a cap that prevents an individual with arbitrary funding from doing arbitrary amounts of damage is a bad.

Could be worth a spin on the test server?

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Mitsuru said:

I feel like this would give a huge and unfair advantage to large and rich nations as it would probably be easier for them to pay the cost of additional espionage operations than it would be for others.

While Donations are already broken as it is (check the donate page if you don't believe me). Espionage would outmatch that if the daily cap was removed. Imagine wiping out a guy's spies in a single day. Or slowly destroying someone's military with spies on the same day. If you think that's BS. Then that's why we have the daily cap. 

Edited by Featherine