DEFCON 1 is back rising up from ashes like Phoenix

PhoenixRisingfromAshes.jpg

Some things are to last and thrive ... other things not ...

So in brief, Ordo Paradoxia's merge experiment ended last night.

Incompatibility of leadership and main characters of management involved guided us, ex- Defcon 1, to recognize that the experiment was a failure and it is better to admit it early than when it would be too late. I will not expand this more as it not worthy anymore, but further poisonous and useless, like the past we leave behind us.

So effective immediately DEFCON 1 is again active in game like a rising Phoenix from its ashes and ready for new adventures.

We are addressing a call to gamers who want to give it  a try to join us in our Discord channel https://discord.gg/qmx7nA2

A Protectorate Treaty was signed last night with BK - with thanks - to help our Alliance in its new steps.

Foreign Affairs also starting from scratch.

We apply a zero taxes approach to attract the proper nations who want to take care of their nations, along with their Alliance.

Experience was gained and DEFCON 1 is rebooting.

Our motto is always: Fight with honour and die with dignity! 

• Upvote 1

Alexandros o Megas of Makedonia

DEFCON 1 Leader

gr.gif.e9bf5106159fe8862dd997a7d28829fb.gif

200.gif

hey good luck out there guys - sticking together as a fam is always important. If something doesn't work, go back to what does. o/ 

NOTE: IF any of y'all bigger nations just wanna come chill with us now, come on over cuz like fuccckkkkkkkkkkkk

Edited by Mad Max
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alexandros o Megas said:

PhoenixRisingfromAshes.jpg

Some things are to last and thrive ... other things not ...

So in brief, Ordo Paradoxia's merge experiment ended last night.

Incompatibility of leadership and main characters of management involved guided us, ex- Defcon 1, to recognize that the experiment was a failure and it is better to admit it early than when it would be too late. I will not expand this more as it not worthy anymore, but further poisonous and useless, like the past we leave behind us.

So effective immediately DEFCON 1 is again active in game like a rising Phoenix from its ashes and ready for new adventures.

We are addressing a call to gamers who want to give it  a try to join us in our Discord channel https://discord.gg/qmx7nA2

A Protectorate Treaty was signed last night with BK - with thanks - to help our Alliance in its new steps.

Foreign Affairs also starting from scratch.

We apply a zero taxes approach to attract the proper nations who want to take care of their nations, along with their Alliance.

Experience was gained and DEFCON 1 is rebooting.

Our motto is always: Fight with honour and die with dignity! 

Don't let writing mistakes hurt your OP and reputation. Instantly eliminate typos, grammatical errors, and other writing issues with a single click.

Everyone: Try Grammarly -- it's free!

• Upvote 3

Like Phoenix, or like Phoenix? Because if I recall one of those options had all their oil liberated.

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(mythology)

220px-Phoenix-Fabelwesen.jpg

A phoenix depicted in a book of legendary creatures by FJ Bertuch(1747–1822)

In Greek mythology, a phoenix (Ancient Greek: φοῖνιξ, phoînix) is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again.

Associated with the Sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. According to some sources, the phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again.[1] There are different traditions concerning the lifespan of the phoenix, but by most accounts the phoenix lived for 500 years before rebirth.[2] Herodotus, Lucan, Pliny the Elder, Pope Clement I, Lactantius, Ovid, and Isidore of Seville are among those who have contributed to the retelling and transmission of the phoenix motif.

In the historical record, the phoenix "could symbolize renewal in general as well as the sun, time, the Empire, metempsychosis, consecration, resurrection, life in the heavenly Paradise, Christ, Mary, virginity, the exceptional man, and certain aspects of Christian life".

DEFCON 1 Leader

Proper nations that want to help their alliance don't complain about taxes, and may infact even volunteer for higher ones.

What is with all these people who think no taxes gets anybody anywhere?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Lairah said:

Proper nations that want to help their alliance don't complain about taxes, and may infact even volunteer for higher ones.

Personally I agree with you! On the other hand you accept this wholeheartedly when you trust the ones imposing these taxes to you and you feel that you are among friends not that you are kept as a hostage by a gang, is n't it?

DEFCON 1 Leader

8 hours ago, Lairah said:

The Island runs 0/0 taxes.
I think the motivation and success simply relies on the philosophy of the alliance and the theory behind succeeding that you produce.

9 hours ago, Lairah said:

I think many don't realize the importance of taxes, however some alliances (such as the Island) pull it off by using other methods for generating money, I applause those alliances and if D1 can manage that too, I commend them. I personally don't agree with the detachment, but I also have no ill-will to the alliance D1, as a whole, just sad to see some didn't see the vision the rest of OP did. However, I wish you guys a safe and prosperous journey moving forward!

• Upvote 2
I have no idea what I'm doing but that doesn't stop me from doing it.

pfp_maybe_1_15.jpg

9 hours ago, Lairah said:

Upper tier exclusive AAs that have people that can actually play and are superior in everyway.

20 minutes ago, Cianuro said:

I think many don't realize the importance of taxes, however some alliances (such as the Island) pull it off by using other methods for generating money, I applause those alliances and if D1 can manage that too, I commend them. I personally don't agree with the detachment, but I also have no ill-will to the alliance D1, as a whole, just sad to see some didn't see the vision the rest of OP did. However, I wish you guys a safe and prosperous journey moving forward!

Feelings are the same Cian! The split has nothing to do with you or OP membership but strictly with the current OP leadership, that are leaders that can not be trusted for many reasons and for sure all this did not start for what would be the taxes. Good luck to you and to OP membership too, even though with the current leaders of OP trust among the game players and alliances  will be hard to be achieved for OP.

DEFCON 1 Leader

41 minutes ago, Alexandros o Megas said:

Feelings are the same Cian! The split has nothing to do with you or OP membership but strictly with the current OP leadership, that are leaders that can not be trusted for many reasons and for sure all this did not start for what would be the taxes. Good luck to you and to OP membership too, even though with the current leaders of OP trust among the game players and alliances  will be hard to be achieved for OP.

DM me the scoop

2 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™??? said:

Upper tier exclusive AAs that have people that can actually play and are superior in everyway.

This is not Grumpy, however. 

3 hours ago, Mad Max said:

The Island runs 0/0 taxes.
I think the motivation and success simply relies on the philosophy of the alliance and the theory behind succeeding that you produce.

This is an inherently inferior model to simply finding people with a handful of functioning braincells to manage the government, collecting wealth and redistributing appropriately.

Though i suppose, possessing so many braincells is a rare trait on the internet.

3 hours ago, Alexandros o Megas said:

Personally I agree with you! On the other hand you accept this wholeheartedly when you trust the ones imposing these taxes to you and you feel that you are among friends not that you are kept as a hostage by a gang, is n't it?

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, the sentence was structured so poorly, so i'll take my best guess.

If you are in an alliance where you feel you are not among friends, and that the government is incompetent and squandering your taxes, you should leave for an alliance that checks both those boxes. Coincidentally, that's what almost everybody does. A setting like this is one where a Command economy would easily dominate if properly implemented. 

2 hours ago, Cianuro said:

As mentioned, such a method is inherently inferior. In no small part because you could also do those, while being a normal alliance that collects taxes anyway. 

Edited by Lairah
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lairah said:

This is an inherently inferior model to simply finding people with a handful of functioning braincells to manage the government, collecting wealth and redistributing appropriately.

Though i suppose, possessing so many braincells is a rare trait on the internet.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, the sentence was structured so poorly, so i'll take my best guess.

If you are in an alliance where you feel you are not among friends, and that the government is incompetent and squandering your taxes, you should leave for an alliance that checks both those boxes. Coincidentally, that's what almost everybody does. A setting like this is one where a Command economy would easily dominate if properly implemented. 

As mentioned, such a method is inherently inferior. In no small part because you could also do those, while being a normal alliance that collects taxes anyway. 

You sound upset. 

If you need a hug, please, do let me know. 

1 hour ago, Lairah said:

Uh, what? Look, low/no taxes can and do work for alliances that want to allow their members to grow on their own individual merits without being slowed down by a tax burden. Now, there's much to be said for pulling new players up to the range of the rest of the alliance so that they can contribute to and be defended in war, but it is equally possible to have a solid presence on multiple tiers and thus enable everyone to contribute and/or be defended that way. More importantly, the latter model allows people to feel their progress, and have pride in it; merely being given grants doesn't feel like an accomplishment, and it doesn't encourage people to feel invested in their progress. Honestly I can't imagine how horribly dull it must be to just mindlessly follow orders and have nothing of your own... what's the point of even trying, in that case? You've got to encourage and cultivate excellence if you want excellent members, there is simply no other way to do it. While a command economy may be able to tightly standardize strategy and score range, it certainly doesn't foster excellence and it fundamentally precludes innovation. This is why NPO is sitting around at 14 cities while other alliances are growing far faster, despite NPO using a strict command economy and the other alliances using what you call 'an inherently inferior model'.

Now, of course one should be in an alliance that one feels friendly with and that doesn't have an incompetent government... obviously... what kind of statement is that?!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Uh, what? Look, low/no taxes can and do work for alliances that want to allow their members to grow on their own individual merits without being slowed down by a tax burden. Now, there's much to be said for pulling new players up to the range of the rest of the alliance so that they can contribute to and be defended in war, but it is equally possible to have a solid presence on multiple tiers and thus enable everyone to contribute and/or be defended that way. More importantly, the latter model allows people to feel their progress, and have pride in it; merely being given grants doesn't feel like an accomplishment, and it doesn't encourage people to feel invested in their progress. Honestly I can't imagine how horribly dull it must be to just mindlessly follow orders and have nothing of your own... what's the point of even trying, in that case? You've got to encourage and cultivate excellence if you want excellent members, there is simply no other way to do it. While a command economy may be able to tightly standardize strategy and score range, it certainly doesn't foster excellence and it fundamentally precludes innovation. This is why NPO is sitting around at 14 cities while other alliances are growing far faster, despite NPO using a strict command economy and the other alliances using what you call 'an inherently inferior model'.

Now, of course one should be in an alliance that one feels friendly with and that doesn't have an incompetent government... obviously... what kind of statement is that?!

Thank you for that - I feel like people who don't tax or low tax just got shit on. This removed my trigger. 

The Island is like - its own animal tied into our practices, it just works. I mean I guess if we were like an alliance that was mass recruiting and not kicking people who can't speak english correctly, it would be a different story. But yeah - def does work. for what we do.

Lairah is right.

Low/No taxes is a gimmick designed to attract self-serving and individualistic people who then, big surprise, when you need them to actually contribute, often end up being self-serving and individualistic.

The only time low taxes is better is if the person in charge of handling your alliance bank is incompetent at redistributing it. To be fair, this applies to at least half the alliances in the game, so I suppose most of those alliances should have low taxes. Even in "elite alliances" with "highly competent" members, a single centralized financial system, or even just a decent level of taxation (20-50) is vastly superior to the advancement of an alliances interests and/or growth.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif