[Bug?] Images In-game

Zygon

I thought it was just me but a few members of my alliance have now been experiencing this issue. I tried to clear all my cookies/cache because I thought that was the issue and I was wrong anyone else experiencing this? 

unknown.png

I then went to test to see if it was just the themes acting weird, but not sure what the issue is?

image.thumb.png.bfb8f077fbc72f7d91a2bb709e712ddb.png

• Upvote 1

It's like that for me, too. I thought it was from my end (since I'm on a 2009-ish Mac with outdated Firefox), but after looking at this I think the website isn't rendering imgur images properly.

dLE2MTG.png

As you can see here the portrait, and nation and alliance flags aren't being rendered on this page.

i have found a fix however it is quite tedious as it requires you to do it for each image but here it is:

•right click the image that isn't showing up (or on mobile click+hold on it)
•click open in new tab
•it should say access denied and not load
•hit refresh
•the image will show and then will begin to appear again in all linked instances of that image

not sure if doing this makes it seen for others or just you but it seems to have worked for me

i think imgur finally blacklisted P&W, using images outside of forums is technically against their terms of use

Im about to convert all my images over to flickr or another hosting site, i suggest you do the same

Edited by Ukunaka

Since the VIP was extended to everyone, it's most likely that Imgur (being the most popular image hosting site) was essentially alerted to PW using it to show images, which is actually against their TOC: Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

Sure there's ways to state it's for Fair use and what not, but I'll leave this to the 200+ E-Lawyers on here. And who knows, maybe they are being nice and just disabling the links. I don't know.

That all said, there are ways to get your images to show. I personally use Discord for my images. I made a server that I plan to never delete, and just added my images into it. Click on the image, choose 'Open Original' and take that link. Works with your front page using the BBC coding as well. You can also use https://imgbb.com/ which I found to be much more lenient than any other. The Google Photos is nice, but sadly PW only allows JPEG and PNG images 

Sadly this is only a fix for header, cover, military, city, background and other images you can place. Your national and Alliance flags will be the same links from other image hosting sites, but this is where @Alex has to go and change EVERY link from what it was, to a new link. How he wants to do it for the God knows how many people, is not for me to say. However, it's an issue the community now faces, and with this being a 'part-full' time job for him with people investing in this game as much as they would World of Warcraft, I'm sure Sheepy had a plan of action to go about doing this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Zhen said:

That all said, there are ways to get your images to show. I personally use Discord for my images. 

i switched to flickr for my hosting but discord is a great idea and i would recommend it over flickr.

alex is also going to have to fix some of the standard flags as some of the newer ones were hosted via imgur

Northern cheyenne Nation and Botswana were hosted via imgur

Edited by Ukunaka