Real money trading

Sir Scarfalot

1EsJ7fX.png

Charging $200 irl is real money trading and is explicitly against the rules when buying in-game stuff. He's supposedly selling national anthems, but he's including an ingame price, so this seems far too close to falling under the 'not limited to' clause in "it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources."

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=97828

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2018 at 6:40 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

1EsJ7fX.png

Charging $200 irl is real money trading and is explicitly against the rules when buying in-game stuff. He's supposedly selling national anthems, but he's including an ingame price, so this seems far too close to falling under the 'not limited to' clause in "it is against the rules for players to make exchanges of real-life money or goods for in-game materials, including but not limited to: in-game money, and in-game resources."

Hello! I am Eastmill. I am a composer in real life and the reason I had that (it has since been removed) is because I would have to pay a group of people to sing any lyrics, or play any instrumental soloists. And please keep in mind I was highly unaware of it being against the rules. 

Edited by EHSorvvson
  • Downvote 2

On 6/23/2018 at 6:40 PM, Sir Scarfalot said:

1EsJ7fX.png

Hello. . I am a composer in real life and the reason I had that (it has since been removed) is because I would have to pay a group of people to sing any lyrics, or play any instrumental soloists. And please keep in mind I was unaware of it being against the rules. 

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, EHSorvvson said:

Composing And recoding costs (real) money, especially with soloists. 

All im trying to do is advance in my career by reaching out and saying I'm open to commissions.  

What's wrong with that? You know what? Ugh. Nevermind. 

Edited by EHSorvvson
Ugh.
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Horsecock said:

Composing a song isn't an in-game service, so no, definitely not against the rules.

No, but but it's a real-life service, so to exchange it for in-game stuff is against the rules.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Well, I wouldn't say it's against to rules to pay someone $5,000,000 (or whatever amount) in-game to design a flag for your nation or alliance.

I don't think this constitutes as being against the rules.

• Downvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

On 7/1/2018 at 9:34 PM, Alex said:

Well, I wouldn't say it's against to rules to pay someone $5,000,000 (or whatever amount) in-game to design a flag for your nation or alliance.

I don't think this constitutes as being against the rules.

Going off this - I can charge people RL money for all graphics I work on to enhance their nations, alliances, and VIP status. Perfect.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 5:27 PM, Mad Max said:

Going off this - I can charge people RL money for all graphics I work on to enhance their nations, alliances, and VIP status. Perfect.

You could.

It's just a matter if they'll buy it.

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

You could.

It's just a matter if they'll buy it.

I'm god at GFX. Been offered money a ton of times but always refused bc I thought generating RL cash was against the rules.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Prefonteen said:

I'm a god at GFX too. Would you like to see some of my work? I charge only $5 per item.

Buobear.jpg

Snake_riders.jpg

4Dchess.jpg

Shittywallroq.jpg

TheNGWhoAmI.jpg

GUcci_lordship_finish.jpg

Dynamism-martyr.jpg

TrainyerwifeBK.jpg

You can message me on Discord for price negotiation!

Cut/Crop/Paste skills are above my level. 

I bow down to you, I fall to my knees - you are the true god.