Who's signing up for the Space Force?

Tbqh, it was announced a few days ago but..

holy shit

You can seek glory against ayy lmaos and kick ass where no one else will

Imagine doing a Red Bull tier atmosphere HALO jump and dropping in on ayyliens and wreaking havoc. 

Like frick dude, it's the coolest shit. Even if you die, it's a beautiful man's death. A space storm pioneer.

82a67a20a5f6bd14260b48ba777547eb2c1c05b7

thumb-1920-799606.jpg

a2a9c9f457812a7636070d0b7ef37478.jpg

Jeremy swung back and forth on the swingset. The warm weather felt pleasant, and his stomach was full from grandmother's classic cooking. Rain was coming in, and the wind made the nearby fields dance. It wouldn't be dark for another hour, so Jeremy still had some time to enjoy his swingset. Perhaps after he went inside, he would play on his GameCircle, or play with his Legos. Legos were really cheap now because of their 150th-anniversary sale, so Jeremy had plenty to pick from. Maybe he would play with the Dyson Sphere set, or the Barron-Class Orbital Cruiser series?

"You wanna help me with this, Jeremy?!" Kyle, Jeremy's grandfather, called out from the old wooden shed.

"Coming, grandad!" Jeremy cheerfully called out. His young mind had already danced around plenty. Now, he was thinking about what they might have for lunch at school tomorrow.

Jeremy ran into the entrance, where Kyle was busy at the very back. He was tinkering with the engine of his prized truck. Kyle ordered his grandson to bring him various tools and parts.

"Why are you fixing it, grandpa? It looks fine!" Jeremy asked, perplexed.

"Yes, I know Jeremy, but I want it to be at tip-top shape. It's my favorite vehicle." Kyle responded.

"But you never drive it!" Jeremy replied, shrugging.

"It's a Ford F-450 2047! You don't just drive it to the grocery store and back." Kyle responded once again, closing the hood of his truck.

Jeremy didn't understand, and so his young boy mind had already lost interest in the conversation. He looked around the shed, and saw something he didn't understand.

"Grandpa, what's that?" Jeremy pointed to a shelf in the shed, which had a strange looking, circular object on it.

"Oh, that's my helmet." Kyle answered, putting away his tools. It had already gotten dark outside.

"I know that! But what's that mark on it?" Jeremy asked, slightly irritated.

"Oh, that scar on it was caused by some plasma sparks. It burned a straight line into my helmet and melted the area around it. Tesla knew how to make good helmets though, and that's why I'm still here today." Kyle, during this exposition, grabbed the helmet and showed it off to his grandson, who enjoyed the small war story.

"Well, did you get the guy who did it?!" Jeremy asked excitedly. However, Kyle didn't respond. He put the helmet back, leaned back against the shelf with his arms crossed, and thought.

"Yeah, I got the guy who did it. I got his teammates too. Would've gotten his whole family if I could, but the 4th Battalion did that for me. We didn't just get 'em for damagin' my helmet though. We got them for everything. For the colonies on Titan and Europa, for what they did to the cities on the Moon, and for Madrid and Paris. They beat us, time and time again, but we never gave up. We kept coming back, stronger and more determined. We got them, though. We got them all. We showed them not just want humanity could do, but what the Space Force could do. Everybody else left us alone after what we did."

Jeremy didn't know how to respond, but could tell from the tone of his grandfather's voice that he was very serious. Jeremy just kept quiet and listened.

Kyle, finished with his short speech, exited the shed. He flipped the old light switch and cast both of them in darkness.

"Come on boy, let's go inside; and let's find that old Barron-Class Orbital Cruiser Lego set of yours. I want to re-live some good memories.

aliens_space_force.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

16 hours ago, Kastor said:

Isn’t this illegal for the US to do? Didn’t we sign a treaty saying we’d never put military into space.

Yeah just let the aliens stroll in just like illegal aliens ?.

IpHGyGc.png

The Outer Space Treaty prohibits the deployment of weapons of mass destruction in outer space. Other forms of military applications aren't necessarily prohibited.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:34 PM, Thalmor said:

For the colonies on Titan 

Did someone say oil? 

On 6/21/2018 at 11:51 AM, Kastor said:

Isn’t this illegal for the US to do? Didn’t we sign a treaty saying we’d never put military into space.

Well, 1. 

On 6/21/2018 at 6:05 PM, Buorhann said:

Who's going to stop the US?

and 2. 

14 hours ago, Auctor said:

The Outer Space Treaty prohibits the deployment of weapons of mass destruction in outer space. Other forms of military applications aren't necessarily prohibited.

I believe it's the reason we played around with the whole orbital bombardment concept. It's not a WMD. ;) 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png